Jody Allen- Paper Bag Time

Jville

Reaction score
Sorry, but it’s time that the people of Seattle put some pressure on Jody to do something. In the northeast, they would absolutely be obliterating the management and coaching staff in the media. Additionally, fans at this point would be voicing their displeasure in their own way. In my opinion, fans need to start bringing paper bags and putting them over their heads during the game and referencing what this team has gone through since “the play“. Whether it’s the number of coordinators that have come in and out of here, the lack of a deep playoff run, the stats on how poor both our offense and defense has been over the years, etc. Paper bags seem to make it on TV more than anything especially if they are out in mass. Once that stuff hits the broadcast, that’s usually when owners are forced to pay attention and act. Paper bags, folks, paper bags!

On a lighter note ........................

Would these be brand new paper bags or recycled green friendly bags? Would these bags need NFL approval and carbon reduction certification? What about the use of scotch guard on rainy days? Is the use of forever chemicals permitted at the stadium? What about a toxicology study?

Don't all soda straw broadcasts of legacy media have a well establish track record of information channeling and censorship? And are not soda straw broadcasts the driving force for all the noise about what happen ..... post game?

.................... isn't it the system?

olyfan63

Reaction score
This is the passive-aggressive northwest. Can't ask bold questions, that would lead to confrontation and awkwardness, which social norms in this region state that you must avoid if at all possible. Then, you make sure you tell everybody ELSE you have a problem with someone, rather than approach that person directly. This is the (Northwest) way.
Is there a Kissimmee-Orlando way that's better for handling this type of situation?
Orlando still has an NBA franchise, so there's that.

How would our impassioned posters approach Jody? Or we show up at every public event instead and heckle Pete/John/Shane?
What would we even ask to heckle Pete, in a contructive way?
.NET posters:
"Pete, how are go going to stop sucking and adjust to NOW instead of acting like it's 2012 all over again every year?"
"Pete, exactly how schitty does Waldron have to have the team performing before you fire his incompetent ass?"
"Pete, who sucks more, Geno or Waldron, whose fault is it our offense sucks? And when will you get rid of the guilty party?"
"Pete, I understand it's all about execution on offense. Who deserves execution more, Geno or Shane, and by lethal injection or firing squad?"

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Whew, brutally hormonal scene today at .NET, isn't it? Can't be a fan of your own starting quarterback?

By all means, paper bag it up. It's a testament to the lack of self-awareness in the fanbase currently, who can't seem to separate their current anger from Browns-like shame.
Agreed. It's completely immature and it's why Seahawks fans get called 12 year olds. As soon as they show up on TV wearing bags on their heads in front of a team with a winning record, we'll never hear the end of it no matter how the season unfolds.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Agreed. It's completely immature and it's why Seahawks fans get called 12 year olds. As soon as they show up on TV wearing bags on their heads in front of a team with a winning record, we'll never hear the end of it no matter how the season unfolds.
People are letting their emotions cloud their sense of self-respect. Paper bagging a 6-5 team is... embarrassing. A lot more embarrassing than simply losing.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
People are letting their emotions cloud their sense of self-respect. Paper bagging a 6-5 team is... embarrassing. A lot more embarrassing than simply losing.
Other than the Lions win, when have they played well this year?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Other than the Lions win, when have they played well this year?
They topped a top-3 defense this year, destroyed the Giants and Panthers, and played the Bengals close.

We haven't been where we need to be, but paper bagging would be embarrassingly melodramatic to most objective observers.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Sorry, but it’s time that the people of Seattle put some pressure on Jody to do something. In the northeast, they would absolutely be obliterating the management and coaching staff in the media. Additionally, fans at this point would be voicing their displeasure in their own way. In my opinion, fans need to start bringing paper bags and putting them over their heads during the game and referencing what this team has gone through since “the play“. Whether it’s the number of coordinators that have come in and out of here, the lack of a deep playoff run, the stats on how poor both our offense and defense has been over the years, etc. Paper bags seem to make it on TV more than anything especially if they are out in mass. Once that stuff hits the broadcast, that’s usually when owners are forced to pay attention and act. Paper bags, folks, paper bags!
I’m all for you and the others putting bags over your heads…you can really prove your point and not cut out any holes.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Is there a Kissimmee-Orlando way that's better for handling this type of situation?
Orlando still has an NBA franchise, so there's that.

How would our impassioned posters approach Jody? Or we show up at every public event instead and heckle Pete/John/Shane?
What would we even ask to heckle Pete, in a contructive way?
.NET posters:
"Pete, how are go going to stop sucking and adjust to NOW instead of acting like it's 2012 all over again every year?"
"Pete, exactly how schitty does Waldron have to have the team performing before you fire his incompetent ass?"
"Pete, who sucks more, Geno or Waldron, whose fault is it our offense sucks? And when will you get rid of the guilty party?"
"Pete, I understand it's all about execution on offense. Who deserves execution more, Geno or Shane, and by lethal injection or firing squad?"
Cute response. Significant social pressure has changed numerous things for the better, but I can't list them here because politics aren't allowed, but I'm sure you can use your imagination. Social movements becoming large enough to effect change require the media to become invested in it, and the media for the most part just panders to its audience, at least in free societies, which is why the media has almost never asked a Seattle professional sports coach an actual tough question. The ripple effect of the predominant personality type in the northwest manifests itself nicely in this way...to the detriment of its sports scene.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
They topped a top-3 defense this year, destroyed the Giants and Panthers, and played the Bengals close.

We haven't been where we need to be, but paper bagging would be embarrassingly melodramatic to most objective observers.
Cleveland with a backup qb, Giants are absolute garbage, and Panthers are the worst team in the league and Hawks did not destroy. Bengals yes are decent but average this year.

Nice try though.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Whew, brutally hormonal scene today at .NET, isn't it? Can't be a fan of your own starting quarterback?

By all means, paper bag it up. It's a testament to the lack of self-awareness in the fanbase currently, who can't seem to separate their current anger from Browns-like shame.
I'm a big fan of Geno the person and Geno the redemption story. I am not a fan at all of Geno the starting QB for the Seattle Seahawks. Wanting him benched isn't personal.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Cleveland with a backup qb, Giants are absolute garbage, and Panthers are the worst team in the league and Hawks did not destroy. Bengals yes are decent but average this year.

Nice try though.
Spot on. Rewriting history in one's own head lets virtually anything be justified. I hate it when people do that and can't keep themselves objective about what they are seeing. I shouldn't be surprised, though; in a world where many billions of people believe in an organized religion of some sort with absolutely no proof, it's really to be expected.

cymatica

Reaction score

☝️
One of the voices in Pete's head created an account 🤣

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Geno the person and Geno the redemption story. I am not a fan at all of Geno the starting QB for the Seattle Seahawks. Wanting him benched isn't personal.
And I'm on record, several times, stating that the out in his contract needs to be taken if his play doesn't massively improve down the stretch in an improbable way. So uh... sounds like we agree. I'll keep my profile as is for now.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
And I'm on record, several times, stating that the out in his contract needs to be taken if his play doesn't massively improve down the stretch in an improbable way. So uh... sounds like we agree. I'll keep my profile as is for now.
Keeping your avatar as him is fine. The banner, with what is stated in it, is not about liking Geno or his story, though. That's the part that makes people question whether you REALLY want Geno to not be our starting QB going forward, especially with his price tag. Get it, yet?

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Cute response. Significant social pressure has changed numerous things for the better, but I can't list them here because politics aren't allowed, but I'm sure you can use your imagination. Social movements becoming large enough to effect change require the media to become invested in it, and the media for the most part just panders to its audience, at least in free societies, which is why the media has almost never asked a Seattle professional sports coach an actual tough question. The ripple effect of the predominant personality type in the northwest manifests itself nicely in this way...to the detriment of its sports scene.
There's an easy solution. Find a new scene.