Jared Allen in town

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":zfeq7b75 said:
Why are people so skeptical of posts like this? Real 'reporters' have been completey full of crap this offseason, but you'd rather hear it from them because they are employed by espn/nfl etc?

The guy just said he had breakfast in Bellevue, athletes eat breakfast at restaurants. Is it not conceivable at all that Allen was in Bellevue eating breakfast? No one is trying to BREAK news here. . .
BECAUSE WE HAVE A QB ALREADY, AND HIS NAME IS CHARLIE WHITEHURST -slams phone down.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Well after the Melton episode excuse me if I don't care until I hear he's signed not eating breakfast (everyone does usually).

ErikG803

Reaction score
the source on field gulls does seen pretty legit, definitely a tiny bit skeptical though. He said jimmy Graham's name came up in conversation too

kobebryant

Reaction score
hmmm.

The thing is, when out for breakfast on sunday mornings I am usually still somewhat drunk so you could convince me that any abnormally large man was a pro athlete.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":2phlzb2b said:
joeshaney":2phlzb2b said:
Coug_Hawk08":2phlzb2b said:
Why are people so skeptical of posts like this? Real 'reporters' have been completey full of crap this offseason, but you'd rather hear it from them because they are employed by espn/nfl etc?

The guy just said he had breakfast in Bellevue. Is it not conceivable at all that Allen was in Bellevue eating breakfast? No one is trying to BREAK news here. . .

People are skeptical because people know people and people lie.

Even reporters are wrong often, and that's what they're supposed to actually be good at.

It would take a very very sad person to lie about seeing an athlete at a restaurant.

But we have a QB and his name is Charlie!!!

Throwdown

Reaction score
I know a dude who was at the senior bowl and played Pete one on one and Pete told him that the Seahawks thought Courtney Upshaw is going to be better than Vaughn Miller

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Just don't get the Allen love. If he wanted to play on a small deal, fine.

But at the salary he wants, no way.

He was in decline last year. He's lost a step. Still put up good numbers, but a lot of it was the result of coverage sacks, not skill. He's a decent DE, sure. With our secondary he would probably get a good amount of sacks here too. I just don't get the drooling over him as if he's still in his prime.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
joeshaney":3lq13oc7 said:
I saw Sidney Rice in San Francisco last night, eating pie with a Leprechaun.

So have you had this drinking problem for a while?

drdiags

Reaction score
Reminds me of last year's picture of Urlacher at SeaTac and the speculation about him coming in for a tryout. FA period is like one gigantic rumor mongering session. Amazing how much buzz happens across the NFL with the various players. The NFL could make even more cash if they partnered with the networks to have high profile FAs miked and videotaped while they make visits and decide which team to sign with.

Of course the tampering season would be dicey, since you wouldn't want to show too much of the ugly underbelly.

Anyway, I must admit I didn't think there would be a chance of Allen wanting to come here with the rumored value that is being floated out there. Nor am I sure what Melton or Finley are looking for in guarantee, length etc.

kobebryant

Reaction score
HawkFan72":85l11ikc said:

He was in decline last year. He's lost a step. Still put up good numbers, but a lot of it was the result of coverage sacks, not skill. He's a decent DE, sure. With our secondary he would probably get a good amount of sacks here too. I just don't get the drooling over him as if he's still in his prime.

What is he asking for salary wise?

gadgor

Reaction score
kobebryant":3aso6qol said:
HawkFan72":3aso6qol said:

What is he asking for salary wise?

What Ware got from Denver.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Too bad you guys don't have Sonic out there it's pretty awesome for breakfast for a fast food joint. If they were in Seattle Jared would be a lock at 3 million.

gadgor

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":lfcdn1zx said:
Too bad you guys don't have Sonic out there it's pretty awesome for breakfast for a fast food joint.

I think we have one in Yakima

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5m
Jared Allen spent today in Seattle visiting with the #Seahawks, source said. It was his first free agent visit. He’s now back at home.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m
Jared Allen will likely take at least one more visit this week, besides the #Seahawks. He’s gauging his value. Walking away still an option

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Just walk away and retire already. Please? I'd rather go with what we have then give him a penny. Retire already. Nobody will give you're old arrogant butt what you ask so stop with the bs and get real if you still want to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.