Jared Allen in town

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueBlood

Reaction score

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Dick's can and will always win. We are also signing Jared Allen and drafting a wr.

hawksfansince90

Reaction score
@JasonLaCanfora

So, at this point, nothing imminent on Jared Allen's future, but the Seahawks have long been a possible destination and remain as much

@JasonLaCanfora

SEA was one of the teams that inquired about Allen before the trade deadline. Have long maintained interest. He has other trips planned...

lukerguy

Reaction score
Allen was the player I believe the FO has target all along when they released Clem. They love his competitiveness, and he really is the perfect LEO. Allen wants to be in Seattle but he doesn't want to take a discount from what he thinks he's worth. My guess is that he thinks he's worth 10-12MM. I think Seattle think he's worth 7-8MM. Allen has almost no leverage given that he's already burned the bridge with Minnesota (the only team with enough need and cap room to land him), and Dallas isn't anywhere need a situation to land him.

Allen's part knew all this above, so they made up their own leverage "If he doesn't get what he wants, he'll quit". Clearly the market has been softer on him from the beginning than he thinks he's worth. Truthfully I don't want a player who has already made 50MM+ who says he'll walk away from a chance at a Championship for a million or two after tax; however, my guess is that it was his agent who through that report out there.

He's going to end up in Seattle, trust me. It's just a waiting game to see who wlll give first. They may even way a few months, until after the draft to hope someone crumbles before eventually signing a 1-2 year deal for 7 MM per. I act like I know everything, but I'm just giving an educated guess:)

SNDavidson

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":4mmuo4aj said:
Pure and simple. Go ahead and retire already. Unless he would like to get real?

Edited by the overbearing Mods.

This is exactly why he's signing here, and subsequently why we are winning 3 or 4 more super bowls.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SNDavidson":1tivfr3s said:
MizzouHawkGal":1tivfr3s said:
Pure and simple. Go ahead and retire already. Unless he would like to get real?

Edited by the overbearing Mods.

This is exactly why he's signing here, and subsequently why we are winning 3 or 4 more super bowls.
So you think he will drop to 7-8 million? Interesting.. excuse me if I'm skeptical.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
IMO Seattle needs to sell him the idea of working as a part time rusher and full time outdoors man. He can hunt and fish year round and be paid 7 mil for hog tying quarterbacks as one of our big 3 pass rushers. Extend his career and win a superb owl. Back to back titles baby!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":26arrpjv said:
IMO Seattle needs to sell him the idea of working as a part time rusher and full time outdoors man. He can hunt and fish year round and be paid 7 mil for hog tying quarterbacks as one of our big 3 pass rushers. Extend his career and win a superb owl. Back to back titles baby!
See that? I asked a serious question and got a serious response back. Even though I agree with your plan I'm not confident in its success.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":30w4k688 said:
Russ Willstrong":30w4k688 said:
See that? I asked a serious question and got a serious response back. Even though I agree with your plan I'm not confident in its success.
Getting serious with me now huh? But seriously. I live in Minny and know Jared is a big outdoors guy. He understands how short careers are thus the importance of a big payday. Just as important is his career and family life so Seattle may fit nicely. I just hope he doesn't see Seattle being too liberal.....you know with all them coffee slippers out in the PNW.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Allen is closing in on Chuck Norris in regards to toughness. A little known fact is that Allen has stalked and killed a boar with just a knife. His latest passion is stalking Big game with a 6 foot spear (he took an elk with a samburu spear in 2010). He loves to hunt bears too. I'd imagine he'd fit in with the Legion of Boom.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Ok that's just great news.... He may be tough enough to hang with the boom but the last thing I want to wake up and read is that a high dollar free agent acquisition is out for the season because he was mauled by a bear that he was attempting to choke out.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3fwrhpl5 said:
Dude is threatening to retire if he's low-balled. Ego is about the only possible motivator he has, in reality. Nothing wrong with that, but people need to stop being delusional.
John Abraham played that same game last year, but eventually his desire for a few million more got the best of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.