Would you be mad drafting this guy at 16?

morgulon1

Reaction score

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
3rd time I’ve seen this thread. We drafted the best center in college football last year. There will be far superior offensive linemen at 16. There is no reason to take this 2nd round prospect in the first. The only reason I can see taking him at all is if he’s a value pick in the 3rd+ round.

Hipflexor

Reaction score
New guy here, but I don’t think beefing up the trenches anywhere is a bad thing. The interior was sooooo bad last season, It’d make Geno uncomfortable, run lanes weren’t there, just a mess of bad coaching, bad technique, softness, and talent. I wouldn’t be mad at drafting a center that high, specially if he’s as good as advertised.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
New guy here, but I don’t think beefing up the trenches anywhere is a bad thing. The interior was sooooo bad last season, It’d make Geno uncomfortable, run lanes weren’t there, just a mess of bad coaching, bad technique, softness, and talent. I wouldn’t be mad at drafting a center that high, specially if he’s as good as advertised.
I get it, and this is very true about the IOL screwing up the pocket. I just hope they trade down first if they wanna go that route.

sutz

Reaction score
I don't really get "mad" at draft choices, but I think I'd be disappointed. I'd rather we trade back a few spots to garner a 2d rounder. Will be a lot of good talent still around to grab.

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
You could take him at 16 and put him at guard. Hutch was taken around the same range. OTOH really good guards will be available days 2/3 .. Beebe babyyyy. If we had a 2nd it wouldn’t be that painful to use #16.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Theoretically, center is not a high positional need for the Seahawks in this draft. However, I do expect JPJ will go in the first round. In last 6 years, 5 centers have been drafted in the first round. I’d love to see Poles trade the Seahawks the #9 pick for #16 plus a second round pick. Bears desperately need this guy.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I would love it if we finally nailed down the position but would be underwhelmed if we did it at 16. After a trade down? Sure.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I would like to know what we have with Oluwatimi before drafting another Center. Was he bad or did he just need a year under his belt on the sidelines? I thought he looked mostly ok in his limited duties on the field, but our IOL was a mess regardless so he'd have to look extremely terrible to standout in that regard.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
If Schneider thinks he's the guy then yes.I don't know about the player , but to be taken at 16 he better be a HOF type generational player. They're rare but obviously exist . The o line is in serious need for improvement.
The "If JS does it it has to be right" crowd . . . LOL