Would you be mad drafting this guy at 16?

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
That's not always true when it comes to OL (especially given the much wider, er, variance in size/skill amongst college linemen vs. NFL) and I've seen a number of analysts who project Fautanu as a guard at the pro level.

I'd draft Fautanu as a guard but also as insurance/depth at tackle.
Depends mostly on whether hi
That's not always true when it comes to OL (especially given the much wider, er, variance in size/skill amongst college linemen vs. NFL) and I've seen a number of analysts who project Fautanu as a guard at the pro level.

I'd draft Fautanu as a guard but also as insurance/depth at tackle.
If his arms are short (32”), he may get moved to guard.

Scout

Reaction score
Jackson-Powers in my opinion is going to be a perennial pro bowler by my estimation. So any time a guard or center has a chance of being a multi year pro bowler that is always worth a first round selection outside of the top 15. So should the Hawks draft him? It depends upon what their new scheme will look like on offense.

You still have Olu on the roster but the big area to upgrade is at guard and not necessarily at center. With Olu and Bradford the team is set up nicely to bring in more vets and draft picks of 24 class to compete.

In terms of value Jackson-Powers being drafted for the Hawks depends upon two factors.

1. Is adding Jackson-Powers going to be a core player of the team and new scheme? if the answer is no then it is a luxury pick selected too soon in the reshaping of the Hawks roster.

2. How far are the Hawks from competing with the top dogs in the NFC?

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Barring injury, Powers-Johnson will be All Pro center. He’s never given up a sack and only one QB hit in over 1,400 snaps. But I want him for the Bears running. His power is off the charts.

In his interview with Poles, he made a point that he’s experienced in wide zone blocking.

Optimus25

Reaction score
3rd time I’ve seen this thread. We drafted the best center in college football last year. There will be far superior offensive linemen at 16. There is no reason to take this 2nd round prospect in the first. The only reason I can see taking him at all is if he’s a value pick in the 3rd+ round.
That’s taking it too far. Not a single team in the league would pass on him into the 2nd. Not one.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Barring injury, Powers-Johnson will be All Pro center. He’s never given up a sack and only one QB hit in over 1,400 snaps. But I want him for the Bears running. His power is off the charts.

In his interview with Poles, he made a point that he’s experienced in wide zone blocking.
lol at fans thinking they have any clue which college players will make all pros. College is a different game entirely.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
That’s taking it too far. Not a single team in the league would pass on him into the 2nd. Not one.
He will go in the first round — no lower than Steelers at #20. They would make the ideal trade partner for the Bears.