I cried for Pete and my wife is mad

Welshers2

Reaction score
I'm gonna admit it. I broke down today. I cried. I sobbed. And now my wife is absolutely furious and said I will be sleeping on the couch.

As many people on this forum know, I am a VERY tough guy. But this broke me. The franchise just fired the greatest thing that ever happened to it. They fired the guy who won them their only Super Bowl.

They fired the guy who engineered the brilliant Russ trade and got a team everyone predicted to be one of the worst in the NFL last year into the playoffs.

I tried explaining this to my wife. She told me to man up. She said it was pathetic a grown man would cry over a football coach. She just doesn't understand. And I see a lot of people who don't understand here as well. People rejoicing. Pete you will never be forgotten.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
My dog said to buck up. I bucked up.
My horses laughed at me. I laughed with them.
My wife is shocked. I went out to the barn.

Can't wait to hear the railing against whoever we hire as our new HC.
I hope they're afforded the grace they deserve.

We're liable to learn really, really quickly what the NFL has been like in the 14 years we've been taking a safety net for granted.

This fanbase doesn't deal with .500 anymore. I hope this firing resets expectations.

toffee

Reaction score
I'm gonna admit it. I broke down today. I cried. I sobbed. And now my wife is absolutely furious and said I will be sleeping on the couch.

As many people on this forum know, I am a VERY tough guy. But this broke me. The franchise just fired the greatest thing that ever happened to it. They fired the guy who won them their only Super Bowl.

They fired the guy who engineered the brilliant Russ trade and got a team everyone predicted to be one of the worst in the NFL last year into the playoffs.

I tried explaining this to my wife. She told me to man up. She said it was pathetic a grown man would cry over a football coach. She just doesn't understand. And I see a lot of people who don't understand here as well. People rejoicing. Pete you will never be forgotten.
Well, since she signed off on the couch, leverage it. Call a bimbo, and have fun, don't waste the opportunity.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
My dog said to buck up. I bucked up.
My horses laughed at me. I laughed with them.
My wife is shocked. I went out to the barn.

Can't wait to hear the railing against whoever we hire as our new HC.
I am a Seahawks fan first and foremost I will cheer for any coach that coaches this team. But this fanbase will turn on any coach who doesn't win a super bowl within a year

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
I hope they're afforded the grace they deserve.

We're liable to learn really, really quickly what the NFL has been like in the 14 years we've been taking a safety net for granted.

This fanbase doesn't deal with .500 anymore. I hope this firing resets expectations.
This is exactly right. My guess is they will be calling for the head of the new coach by the end of next year.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
thanks flying GIF

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Some of you have no standards to speak of. Stick with Pete forever even if he has three more years and we win three games per year, right? Listen, people get higher standards the better things get. Would you be satisfied going back to a minimum wage job like you had in high school after you've worked for years earning 4, 5, 6, 10 times that much? No? Well, there you have it. If mediocrity is an acceptable goal to you forever, congrats. It's not for everybody.

AnimeAmore

Reaction score

This is an unfortunate truth: women lose respect for a man when they see him cry.

It doesn't even matter what the reason is. I was with a woman for 7 years and she broke up with me 2 days before my twin sister died of cancer because she saw me crying and I couldn't keep my sh** together.

She became a multimillionaire a few years later and retired in her 30s with a younger man.

Never cry in front of a woman.