Seattle Mariners @ San Diego Padres Jun 6-7

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
looks like a split. Exactly what I expected from an average team. I hope they get some magic back, because they are nothing more than an average team who can't hit for shit.

Chapow

Reaction score
5 out of the last 8 games now our pitching has been getting lit the fvck up.

10 runs last Monday
10 runs last Tuesday
16 runs on Saturday
12 runs on Sunday
8 runs so far today and it's still in the 6th

If this keeps up, and isn't just a bump in the road, combined with our putrid offense, we might just be legitimately as bad as the A's. A team that isn't even trying to win games this year.

Crizilla

Reaction score
SD who shockingly had a worse offense than the M's gets 17 hits today. Yeah, im thinking actually the M's have the worst offense in the entire MLB. Looks like the pitching is so out of it they know one hiccup will most likely cost them.

Last edited:

Bobblehead

Reaction score
SD who shockingly had a worse offense than the M's gets 17 hits today. Yeah, im thinking actually the M's have the worst offense in the entire MLB. Looks like the pitching is so out of it they know one hiccup will most likely cost them.
When you ad that, I'm not sure, but I don't think pitching all over the league has been that good, really says something. I don't know, could be wrong and league wide pitching has been awesome.

TIMD

Reaction score
Well.... That one game win streak vs a sub .500 team was fun

Good thing though, we have Jerry the 🤡 DiBozo chomping at the bit to acquire some more garbage "bats" on the cheap that NOBODY ELSE wanted: Wong, POLLOCK, Hummel, LaStella....

These were the guys good ol Trader Jerry brought in during the off-season that he touted as the saviors of the season. Teo doesn't count because he wasn't CHEAP, he cost us Swanson & Macko: A top reliever & pitching prospect. SMH he should be fired for that move alone.

Threedee

Reaction score
5 out of the last 8 games now our pitching has been getting lit the fvck up.

10 runs last Monday
10 runs last Tuesday
16 runs on Saturday
12 runs on Sunday
8 runs so far today and it's still in the 6th

If this keeps up, and isn't just a bump in the road, combined with our putrid offense, we might just be legitimately as bad as the A's. A team that isn't even trying to win games this year.
I don't ever recall seeing the Mariners go through a stretch of games playing that badly.

TIMD

Reaction score
1992 was pretty bad. The one year with Kevin Mitchell. The bullpen was beyond terrible that year led by the countless grand slams allowed by Mike Schooler. Bill Swift, who the M's sent to SF for Mitchell, won 20 games as a starter & nearly won the NL Cy Young. The M's also threw in Mike Jackson & Dave Burba. Mitchell flopped & was moved to Cincinnati in the off season. The curse of the Seattle Mariners.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
1992 was pretty bad. The one year with Kevin Mitchell. The bullpen was beyond terrible that year led by the countless grand slams allowed by Mike Schooler. Bill Swift, who the M's sent to SF for Mitchell, won 20 games as a starter & nearly won the NL Cy Young. The M's also threw in Mike Jackson & Dave Burba. Mitchell flopped & was moved to Cincinnati in the off season. The curse of the Seattle Mariners.
Good example and one of the few years that was really bad.

Threedee

Reaction score
Do you remember that barehanded catch that Kevin Mitchell made in the left field bullpen?

TIMD

Reaction score
Do you remember that barehanded catch that Kevin Mitchell made in the left field bullpen?
I remember him making a catch like that for SF..... He actually didn't hit that bad for Seattle, just not the HR power for whatever reason. I think it was said back then he had a steel plate put in his forearm the year prior & was having issues. Always the Mariners.

Threedee

Reaction score
I remember him making a catch like that for SF..... He actually didn't hit that bad for Seattle, just not the HR power for whatever reason. I think it was said back then he had a steel plate put in his forearm the year prior & was having issues. Always the Mariners.
It was a nice catch. The downside is that the ball was on a hard line-drive trajectory, so, he injured his palm in the process. At least it wasn't anything as devastating as Griffey prowling the right center-field fence.

TIMD

Reaction score
It was a nice catch. The downside is that the ball was on a hard line-drive trajectory, so, he injured his palm in the process. At least it wasn't anything as devastating as Griffey prowling the right center-field fence.
That catch where Griffey broke his arm was amazing.... Like Spider-Man & I still remember the cleets indented into the wall.... I thought the season was over, but the M's hung around that year. They had a ton of heart on that team, unlike this year. Nothing but guys struggling to hit .200

Latest posts