Pete just said Geno won the starting job

keasley45

Reaction score
Drawing lines and miscasting and tearing down opposing perspectives in this new millennium has been warped into somehow representing strength. All it really ever has been is defending one's own inability or lack of desire to think outside of the proverbial box.

Scout

Reaction score
Geno has the better feet and climbs the pocket to deliver throws while understanding the offense. Even on that sack looked like Sam Houston had so much depth beyond the LOS that Cross ran out of real estate to stop him. Geno could have climbed the pocket to his right instead of doing a RW impression.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Geno's opening drive set Lock up in perfect position to steal the show. All Lock had to do was play without turning the ball over and he would have been in great position to grab the spot. Instead he played to the worst of his spectrum. Pete didn't have to say a word. Lock's performance made the decision an easy call for everyone.

I remember the misery of watching some horrible games during our formative years as an expansion team. That game last night ranked as one those. A close score didn't make it any more watchable. It was an ugly display of football start to finish, by both teams.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Tyrod Taylor helmed the Bills as they eeked into the playoffs for the first time in umpteen years(17 actually). They needed a 9-7 record with a big help from the Bengals but they got there.

Geno could do the same for the Seahawks. Just saying, you have to have something to hang your hope on.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'm not a Geno fan but after last night's performance from Lock, Geno should start. Lock had 3 interceptions. The first INT he threw, probably sealed his fate for week 1. The other two just reinforced that Lock is a turnover machine. However he takes risks and thus the Penny Hart td pass (which probably was the best throw of the night).

SeahawkShifty

Reaction score
I've been a fan since 1979 & this Quaterback play reminds me of Dan McGuire & Kelly Stouffer... I don't think we're going to tank on purpose but With either of these guys we're not going to win much... 4-13 season could be a possibility, but I hope for better.. I didn't mean to sound like so much of a pessimist with thus post. I still love our Seahawks, I'm just not confident about Pete's vision for this team

pmedic920

Reaction score
it was never a real competition! Trust me, I know people inside the building! They say Pete is ENAMORED with Geno! Very strange! Sad!
Unless you are willing to reveal who you “know inside the building” and quote what they said, this means absolutely nothing, nobody is going to simply “trust” you.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Geno has the better feet and climbs the pocket to deliver throws while understanding the offense. Even on that sack looked like Sam Houston had so much depth beyond the LOS that Cross ran out of real estate to stop him. Geno could have climbed the pocket to his right instead of doing a RW impression.
This^^^

Geno knows how to step up in the pocket and drive a dot downfield. He had a couple throws to Lockett that had some authority and elite ball placement. He knows how to use the pocket and does a better, more effective job with countering blitzes

W

Welshers

Unless you are willing to reveal who you “know inside the building” and quote what they said, this means absolutely nothing, nobody is going to simply “trust” you.
dont worry I will stop talking about the rumors I have heard as it clearly upsets people here. I never claimed to have some high up connections but I do happen to know people loosely connected in the organization who had relayed some rumors to me that I posted here. I'm not a reporter just a guy that heard a couple things. I've been asked to stop so I will. but please note nothing I said was very outlandish/untrue.

keasley45

Reaction score
I
I've been a fan since 1979 & this Quaterback play reminds me of Dan McGuire & Kelly Stouffer... I don't think we're going to tank on purpose but With either of these guys we're not going to win much... 4-13 season could be a possibility, but I hope for better.. I didn't mean to sound like so much of a pessimist with thus post. I still love our Seahawks, I'm just not confident about Pete's vision for this team
Think if Pete's plan were to just go with Geno and not draft a franchise guy, I'd agree with you. But what they're doing now is the exact same thing they did 12 years ago, but this time we have the advantage of starting with a pretty solid team.

Pete tried Hass and then canned him. Then, when no one else they wanted was available, they let TJack start while the rest of the team matured. They didnt want a temporary fillin, they wanted a franchise guy. The 3rd year, they got that guy, but even then were smart enough to not play the wrong QB.

I see this build similarly. After this year, with the skill positions we have on offense and talent on D, whoever we nab as QB is going to have a pretty nice gig to step into.

JimmyforourQB

Reaction score
dont worry I will stop talking about the rumors I have heard as it clearly upsets people here. I never claimed to have some high up connections but I do happen to know people loosely connected in the organization who had relayed some rumors to me that I posted here. I'm not a reporter just a guy that heard a couple things. I've been asked to stop so I will. but please note nothing I said was very outlandish/untrue.
Well Mrs lock, thanks for clarifying your source

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Geno needs a nickname. I was thinking “the rifleman”

Own The West

Reaction score
I don’t think Geno won the job so much as Lock lost it. Lock’s first two interceptions were peewee league bad. He’s called himself a gunslinger, presumably because he takes risks, but those two throws tell me he just throws it without understanding the risks.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Good, Lock is hot garbage.

Don't need to see any more after last night, just some absolutely terrible decision making on display. I'm not even sure I'd keep him around as a backup beyond this season, ha.

GemCity

Reaction score
I have been THE biggest Pete supporter since the day he was hired. I even have a copy of a sound recording where I proved Mike Salk was wrong about his hatred for Pete when I was on Brock and Salk debating if Pete would be a good coach for Seattle after his first year, BUT, this decision to go with Geno has me apoplectic.

I cant take this any more. I will always love the Hawks, I will stick through them through this low, but It is now time to get a whole new staff. I never thought I would say that.

Pete, Please prove me wrong and pull it back together next year, but right now I don't even want to watch.
Ex RW supporter here…not to bring up that dumpster fire of a debate but, as we have Geno and Lock and have to move forward, I agree with you here.

It’s been a slow but definitive burn as far as the FO goes. I don’t think we’ll do too much until they’re gone.

Loved the draft…maybe keep the folks on board for that but it’s time for a change.

W

Welshers

Pete is either delusional or wants to lose. For one reason or another he loves Geno. Hopefully he sees something we don't. I fear that him and JS have just accepted the tank. By not getting a QB and playing Geno they can lose a bunch of games while still putting in maximum effort with the guys they have. They won't intentionally tell the players to tank, but they also aren't fielding good players intentionally. Either that or Pete is getting dementia and thinks they will win games with this guy.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Pete definitely showed last night that it was always Geno’s job to lose by announcing immediately after the game. Lock was destined to be the number two guy the minute Geno re-signed. Personally I don’t think either of them is making us a playoff team, but it’s frustrating to be told there’s a battle for a spot when in reality there never really was or at the least it was very unlikely they’d give the job to anyone else.

Rosco

Reaction score
Pete definitely showed last night that it was always Geno’s job to lose by announcing immediately after the game. Lock was destined to be the number two guy the minute Geno re-signed. Personally I don’t think either of them is making us a playoff team, but it’s frustrating to be told there’s a battle for a spot when in reality there never really was or at the least it was very unlikely they’d give the job to anyone else.
The plan ultimately was probably to sign Jimmy G. Once released. Pete just wanted a QB that could hold the fort while Garropalo got ready.

Msfann

Reaction score
I don't think the Seahawks were serious about QB this year and plan on drafting someone next year. If they do too well it could hurt those chances of getting the guy they need. They don't want to trade for someone like Jimmy G because they want to draft someone and start fresh and he might win a few too many games and screw that up. Playing your backup QB all season improves those odds of a higher pick though.