NY Yankees @ Seattle Mariners May 29-31

Chapow

Reaction score
This ump sure has a generous strike zone.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
He's been better than last night. That guy stole about 8 or 10 strikes from the M's.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Mariners “chase rate” has to be the highest in the bigs. Haven’t seen a team chase so many unhittable pitches outside the strikezone since the Gorman Thomas days.

Chapow

Reaction score
He's been better than last night. That guy stole about 8 or 10 strikes from the M's.

This ump has been very consistent, imo. But he has had a very generous zone. Anything close has been called a strike.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
One thing for sure, Mariners hitters DO NOT control the zone as Julio chases another one in the dirt. Got to protect the plate JK.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Call me old I don't care I'm tired of watching these games 0-0ish games. The Ms continue to do things backwards. Get great pitching but can't score. Build an offense first.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Top of the 10th:

Got out if it.....boing to the bottom 10

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Damn, Topa flying close to the edge. Got out of the 10th. Can we get a hit? A decent single will win the damn game.

Chapow

Reaction score
Damn, Topa flying close to the edge. Got out of the 10th. Can we get a hit? A decent single will win the damn game.

Hell, they don't even need a hit. A couple sac fly's would do the trick.

Chapow

Reaction score
Hell yeah! 2nd walk off win this week!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Calbert with the walkoff single.
Kirby deserved the win, too bad he didn’t get it.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, we dropped a couple of laughers to the Yanks, but we went 7-3 on the homestand. :)

raisethe3

Reaction score
Dang, what a win. But seriously, the offense needs to get better or else the M's aren't even going to make the playoffs.

I'd be surprised if the M's make the playoffs with this type of offense.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Damn. Reading through this thread you'd think we went 3-7 on this home stand. :ROFLMAO:
I know, right? We have a couple of boo-birds that like to come out and gloat when we lose a couple of games.

I'm sure they'll complain we didn't score 25 runs tonight to even up the series score against the Yankees, as if that would matter. Hell, I'm concerned about the hitting myself, but not to that extent.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if the M's make the playoffs with this type of offense.
It wouldn't happen. Fans were right. They simply didn't do enough in the offseason. Either they call up dudes or make a trade. It's tough but I think I would be ok with trading a starter if it meant we got 2 legit bats. I'd also like to see a different manager or hitting coach. Something is not right. The team chemistry isn't there either last seasons team was closer despite some bumps in the road but they were closer. This team feels like they know their offense stinks.

I'd also like to see them get rid of the trident celebration. It's been a disaster for them not a good luck thing at all and it's dumb. Focus on not being bottom 10 team in almost every offensive category first. Lou wouldn't put up with this for 2 seconds.

Last edited:

Latest posts