Cleveland Guardians @ Seattle Mariners Apr1-3...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Let's get the series win today. 6 games in, a ridiculous amount of baseball to play. But I feel like this will be an up and down team all season. Hope to be wrong.

getnasty

Reaction score
Castillo 0-2, strikeouts are crazy, none of your stars hitting, I should probably be thankful to be 3-3 but he damn what a uninspiring start.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Castillo 0-2, strikeouts are crazy, none of your stars hitting, I should probably be thankful to be 3-3 but he damn what a uninspiring start.
Well, they say, the pitchers have the advantage at the beginning of the season.
What the hell is up with Castillo? He got beat up after the 3rd. Does he look a little CHUBBY to you all?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, couldn't worry about Castillo if I tried. If you want to get worked up 6 games into the season, do what you gotta' do.

Chapow

Reaction score
By the way, Kirby just gave up a 3 spot. Does he suck too?

The defense/fielding has been quite bad for the M's so far this season, and it was again in the 1st inning today.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not really the point I was trying to make, but yep. Defense not exactly lighting it up.
3 Innings, 5 earned runs. That's not good at all. Castillo and Kirby are not exactly tearing it up. YET.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Good pitching
Bad batting
Average defense

Should equate to about a .500 record

Chapow

Reaction score
Good pitching
Bad batting
Average defense

Should equate to about a .500 record

If the offense continues to be anywhere near this bad, they'll be well below .500. Even with very good pitching.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Truth ^^^

But again, the pitching isn't getting a pass from me. Even if it's been solid overall.
Our top 2 pitchers just got rocked in back-to-back games.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
M’s fans actually fell for the whole, “strikeouts were the issue so we got rid of Teo and Suarez.” Teo and Geno were not the issue. The team is super average. They probably still find a way to win around 87 games but this team has no WS aspirations. We should be a legit WS contender by now with where we were in 2021.

Last edited:

Chapow

Reaction score
M’s fans actually fell for the whole, “strikeouts were the issue so we got rid of Teo and Suarez.”

Did they? Most M's fans I know, myself included, were somewhere between underwhelmed and pretty frustrated with what this team did over the offseason.

I didn't post much here over the offseason, but the few posts that I did post I was pretty clear that didn't think this team was going to be better than last year, and was in fact probably going to be a handful of games worse.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep. Far from falling for anything. I don't know any M's fans who are satisfied with them going on the cheap, yet again.

Threedee

Reaction score
Every time this franchise tries to convince us that it is cheap by its very nature, we should remind them of the Robinson Cano deal.