Bunch of Statistics After 3 Games

Slick

Reaction score
<Edit>I kid of course, I love stats just throwing imaginary shade because I didn't have anything bad to say</Edit>

Those are great statistics....
FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!

Last edited:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
If one would to take ESPN's RTG and QBR, PFF's passer and overall QB gradings into consideration, Geno has been above average in his last 8.5 games, which is half a season's worth of data.

Our team is 1-2, Geno isn't the cause of our record. Offense needs to cut down on penalties, Defense can start with setting the edges and tackling.
This^^^ Although I would caution taking too much of ESPN/s RTG, QBR, and PFF's passer & overall QB gradings into consideration for Geno's stats over the last 8.5 games, as those games last season where he came off the bench with flattened buttocks & not a whole lot of warmups, & getting up to game speed in a matter of a couple of minutes, sure, the Defense might have had zero film on the guy, but he was going from zero to 100 in those couple of minutes, and he wasn't the Quarterback that he gameplan was designed for last year.
I think the only fair way to rate Geno and his stats, is to go by what he's done since becoming the STARTER for the Seahawks in 2022.
Geno has shown incremental GROWTH in each of his games THIS season, and let's be honest here, neither the 49rs nor the Broncos Defenses are anywhere near the bottom of the League, so Geno hasn't been given an easy go of it in the last three games, so those are other obstacles that he's had to grapple with.
His ceiling? his floor?, NOBODY can realistically or HONESTLY peg just YET, as Pete has yet to take off the restrictive fetters on his play; Geno has been crossing the T's & dotting the I's as per Pete's wishes.
Enough about Geno, the OTHER fly in the ointment though, is how our Defense has been Sputtering & Misfiring so far this season, minus the takeaways in game 1 against the Donk's, they've played undisciplined and willy-nilly, ad-lib for the last two & a 1/2 games, and are the main reason for the last two 'L's'.
We're seeing flashes of great play from too few players, and some players who seem to be just along for the ride, confused and or just out & out blowing assignments (see complaints by insider Quandre Diggs)
I think that Jamal Adams' injury has had a lot to do with SOME of the miscommunications, but things most certainly should have shown SOME signs of better overall play by now; Coaching Adjustments & players cleaning up their mistakes will likely be a couple/three more weeks away. (Crossed fingers)

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
But he is PART of it. Why is the QB getting a pass on all criticism? The defense has been hot garbage so far, though pretty decent in the red zone. But 3 points in the 2nd half total? At some point, the QB is at least part of the problem. He absolutely has played better overall than many of us thought he would.
The QB has had a pass on criticism for the last 10 years, why should the QB get the blame now?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Now THAT is funny. Half this fanbase hated the former guy..........come on.
This horse is dead, let it be. I'm glad they all moved on. It was time.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
So... umm... you guys are still expecting to win games this season? Geno Smith is our QB. That is like expecting something good for America with Biden as president. Not going to happen.

Reality people, it doesn't change because you don't like it.
Just because you type out something that is floating around in your head doesn't make it true beyond your head.

I see when things don't go your way or benefit you in a way that you can comprehend you react emotionally. Perhaps you would do better with some serious reflective practice to see why you react to the world in this way.

Believing you are a victim of your circumstances is a choice that you can have power over - choose better and you'll receive better.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
I want the QB to lead his team to some scoring drives in the 2nd half of games. Is that too much to ask?
I feel like I'm in the fricken Twilight Zone. Geno Smith is all the sudden not allowed to be criticized in any way. And IF you want him to, oh I don't know SCORE SOME POINTS in the 2nd half of games, you're being unrealistic.

I give up, I'd have better luck clapping with one hand.
I think Welshers was on to something with your personal life. You're climbing deeper and deeper into the John63 pit of despair with each passing post.

I'm looking forward to you telling us all how much you really don't care if we lose games this season while proving the exact opposite with every whiny post for days after every game

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Right they do win a lot, yet they only scored 3 points in the second half.

Apples and oranges. We've sco
Way too much fuss made about this. Turns out the Broncos and 9ers defense is pretty good?

Guess who also only scored 3 points in a half yesterday? KC. Doesn't mean much. But looks like I cherry pick stats to spin a narrative too.
Doing it once vs a 3 game pattern is an extremely disingenuous comparison.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Funny Orange. F the Bronco's, sincerely. He's their problem now. Glad he's gone. But feel free to convince yourself that I actually want him or that team to do well. Yeah, not at all. Anyone who actually knows me would be laughing hard at that assumption. Let's ride....................to several losses.
I look forward to the implosion in Denver, and it's coming.

Last edited:

sprhawk73

Reaction score
False equivalency doesn't fly with people outside of your alternate universe sprhawk73. Just because your echo chamber nods in agreement doesn't mean you will enjoy similar success outside of it. How about sticking to football and posting your lame political ideology someplace else?

Sorry to trigger you, just trying to find some light in dark times.

toffee

Reaction score
One should not evaluate a player's performance purely on analytics, but one would be foolish to ignore analytics in evaluating a player. Analytics provides data points even though some of those could be misleading or subjective.

In case of Geno, he is playing as well as any $3.5mil QB in the league, better than most $7mil QBs too, he has been playing above his pay grade. Have we seen his floor? I am hoping what we have been seeing in the past few games was his floor, does he has a high ceiling? I sure hope so, but won't cry real hard if his ceiling is where he is now, hey, we didn't sign a $200 mil new contract with Geno, did we?

Last edited:

Rat

Reaction score
I hope Geno having decent stats doesn't take away the sense of urgency to find our next franchise QB in the offseason. He's not the biggest problem, but this team has a low ceiling as long as he's starting.

cymatica

Reaction score
So we were better off with the bleach injection advocate? Why are you bringing the FOX cultism here?
Lol, you responded to FOX cultism with MSNBC cultism. 2 cults bickering back and forth while the conmen screw everyone.

chrispy

Reaction score
Replace Geno with (QB of your choice) and I'd argue the team is still 1-2. ...probably a swap of games as the win... Toffee's point about pay is at the center of the discussion, I think. It's fine if you want a 3.5 mil employee to execute like an employee that's paid 10x more, but to expect it isn't realistic. Seahawks are carrying some (a lot of) cap from both RCW and JAdams without any current benefit. It's also not hard to find areas where players aren't earning their paycheck (penalties, mistakes, tackling) that pinning criticism on an individual player that's vastly outperforming their contract seems misguided.

Latest posts