ALWCS Seattle at Toronto Blue Jays Oct 7-9

balakoth

Reaction score
Game 2 on Sat at 1:07 pm PDT

Probables R. Ray (12-12, 3.71 ERA) vs K. Gausman (12-10, 3.35 ERA)

A chance to win it all and advance to Houston.
Pitcher that replaced Pitcher vs each other.. one year after... in the Stadium he's played in a ton... I really kinda like this storyline and match up

I also feel like the hitting attributes a LITTLE to the weather here in the NW lately.. never really dropped in temp, roof always open and heavy air because of the wild fires.

I'd like to see colder weather here coming up and a closed roof cuz of rain ;) Might even out that atmosphere crap

balakoth

Reaction score
On that note I guess its probably pretty humid and muggy in Houston cuz of the Hurricanes. So maybe a bit like hitting in Seattle right now?

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
What a win!

Ray makes me nervous. Either 7inn of 1 run or 5inn of 5

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Today is going to be a good one. 7-4 Mariners is my prediction.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
A little nervous about Robbie, just not sure what to expect. If he can give us 5 innings of two run ball I’ll be happy. Unfortunately there is a chance it could be much worst.

If it goes south early, do they put Kirby in or just go to the pen?

Ruminator

Reaction score
Bodes well that Robbie won the Cy Young as a Jay, as it probably means he's had some of his best pitching perfomances at Rogers Centre.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Nevermind..I see the entire series is in Toronto. If the bj's lose this series it'll be a national disaster in Canada...
They'll get over it quickly, it's all a bunch of bandwagon fans for the most part anyways.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
A little nervous about Robbie, just not sure what to expect. If he can give us 5 innings of two run ball I’ll be happy. Unfortunately there is a chance it could be much worst.

Yep, me too. Not sure this is a good matchup for him. Hope I’m wrong and hope the M’s score a ton of runs.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score

No to putting Kirby in. I think they are rolling the dice that we can win with Ray today, and have Kirby for Houston. The pen is well rested (except for Nunez, of course) so they could cover a few innings if needed.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
No to putting Kirby in. I think they are rolling the dice that we can win with Ray today, and have Kirby for Houston. The pen is well rested (except for Nunez, of course) so they could cover a few innings if needed.
Agreed. Use up the pen. If we win, pen can rest. If we lose and use up the pen, I’m confident Gilbert can get us through at least 5 innings on Sunday.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
I hope we don't get "Long Day" Robbie Ray today. My man's game has been streaky all season.