2021 Seahawks Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Cap Position

Jville

Reaction score
Also ............................... Al Wood placed on covid 19 list today.

1/05
Placed DT Myles Adams and DT Al Woods on Reserve/COVID-19 list.
[urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/team/transactions/[/urltargetblank]

[urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks-place-dt-al-woods-on-covid-19-list[/urltargetblank]

Jville

Reaction score
01/06
Placed S Ryan Neal on the Reserve/COVID-19 list. Activated CB Sidney Jones IV and G Damien Lewis from the Reserve/COVID-19 list.
[urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/team/transactions/[/urltargetblank]

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thank you my friend!!!

Updated.

The D has certainly been struggling keeping their numbers up, and is looking thin in a few areas. Next man up.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
WR- Cody Thompson, CB- Michael Jackson and SS- Josh Jones each revert to the PS by rule.

Updated.

We can expect the team will sign each of the PS players they wish to keep to Futures contacts soon.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team has 31 FAs of which there are 2 SFAs, 11 ERFAs, 3 RFAs, an 15 UFAs they are designated on the roster with letter designations of S, E, R, and U.

This is based upon info from OTC.com which may now be out of date.

UPDATE: DT- Myles Adams who was shown by OTC.com as a SFA has been signed to a futures contract.

This is updated.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Seahawks signed 12 players from the PS to futures contracts

as per Bob Condotta Twitter:

Bob Condotta
@bcondotta
Seahawks signed 12 members of practice squad today to futures contracts: DT Myles Adams, WR Matt Cole, LB Aaron Donkor, T Greg Eiland, WR Aaron Fuller, DT Jarrod Hewitt, CB Mike Jackson, WR Cade Johnson, G Pier-Olivier Lestage, WR Cody Thompson, LB Lakiem Williams, DT Niles Scott
2:56 PM · Jan 10, 2022

Updated.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I am presently reorganizing the OP to match the reality of the players who will be under contract when the new season starts.

Until the SB the 2021 page will stay open but then be unstickied and allow to pass into history. At that time a new 2022 roster page will replace the 2021 page.

This will present some complication to a few and for that I apologize.

Jville

Reaction score
Do what you got to do. This showed up today ............... [tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1481388090837008385[/tweet]

........................... appreciate your dedication :2thumbs:

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Bob Condotta reports via Twitter that 4 Seahawks were activated today from the COVID reserve:

Al Woods, Gavin Heslop, Alton Robinson and Ryan Neal were all activated by Seahawks today off of the COVID-19 reserve list.
2:10 PM · Jan 12, 2022·Twitter Web App

Updated.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
jammerhawk":ly2e7rwa said:
Bob Condotta reports via Twitter that 4 Seahawks were activated today from the COVID reserve:

Al Woods, Gavin Heslop, Alton Robinson and Ryan Neal were all activated by Seahawks today off of the COVID-19 reserve list.
2:10 PM · Jan 12, 2022·Twitter Web App

Updated.

Jammerhawk. You are awesome. Just wanted this in print. You keep up with all the assistants you have here and make the roster amazing. You keep part of our dreams alive. May the spring bring you great fortune and happiness.

:irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

Fan80

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks SF80 for your kind words, hope the thread remains informative.

My partners here thank you too!

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I note that neither DB-Josh Jones nor OLB-Edmond Robinson are listed as UFAs or SFAs despite apparently being so

Not quite sure how to correctly list them but think they might be either. Neverthe less they are FAs not being signed as yet to a Future contract or re-upped. Anyone know what their correct designation should be?

Given they have been around for a few seasons on various rosters will list them as UFAs.

Jville

Reaction score
jammerhawk":18dn1b4i said:
I note that neither DB-Josh Jones nor OLB-Edmond Robinson are listed as UFAs or SFAs despite apparently being so

Not quite sure how to correctly list them but think they might be either. Neverthe less they are FAs not being signed as yet to a Future contract or re-upped. Anyone know what their correct designation should be?

Given they have been around for a few seasons on various rosters will list them as UFAs.

The two of them are still on the 2021 season practice squad and subject to claim by a play off team. Their practice squad status expires at the end of the 2021 business year at which point they become free agents.

The signers of future contracts (technically still practice squad players for the balance of 2021 business year) are also claimable for the balance of the playoffs. But those signers' futures contracts go into effect at the beginning of the league's 2022 business year.

.......................... That's my understanding.

P.S. The current 2021 contract year expires at ..... 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 16.
Link >>> [urltargetblank]https://operations.nfl.com/gameday/nfl-schedule/2022-important-nfl-dates/[/urltargetblank]

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Jville!!!

While I agree the technical season's year end is March 16/22, the practice for this thread is to record from and start a new thread after the SB. I do appreciate the two players I inquired about are PS players and like the other PS players with Futures contracts they are capable of being claimed until the official season's end, so perhaps the two players who I now believe correctly are UFAs have decided not to sign a Futures deal with the team.

Maybe they have hopes of moving elsewhere?

Jville

Reaction score
We all appreciate you getting out ahead of the NFL time table.

Carry on my friend :2thumbs:

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Albeit a tad slow.

One last COVID reserve reinstatement:

Bob Condotta
@bcondotta
·
Jan 14
As one last roster thing, Seattle OL Kyle Fuller was activated off the COVID-19 list today. So every Seahawks player who had been on the list is now off of it. But yes, there's no playoff game to play. Just a clerical thing they have to do.

Updated.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/seahawksPR/status/1483900233616551939[/tweet]
Link w/details >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks-sign-de-alex-tchangam-to-practice-squad[/urltargetblank]