By Sunday Marshawn will be....

By Sunday Marshawn will be....

• 1. IR'd?

Votes: 23 13.5%
  • 2. Still a game time decision and sits out?

Votes: 66 38.8%
  • 3. Is a full go all week and plays on Sunday?

Votes: 81 47.6%

• Total voters

Vetamur

Reaction score
Tough one.. personally I think its not worth it at this point. He wasnt hurt, he didnt have a setback.. and didnt even travel with the team. If he cant get "into it" mentally, in the playoffs..then its time to move on. IR is what I would do. Its just become too much, the rehabing away from the team..the taking all reps in practice then deciding on his own not to even travel... I love what he has done and respect his game. But the sideshow has come to overshadow the contribution.

hawker84

Reaction score
Nothing towards the op what so ever, but I could care less at this point. All I care about is that he's honest with the coaches, if he's a go great, if it's iffy, give C Mike all the reps. Love to have him, but we can win without him.

Vetamur

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":88au9lfd said:
Vetamur":88au9lfd said:
Tough one.. personally I think its not worth it at this point. He wasnt hurt, he didnt have a setback.. and didnt even travel with the team. If he cant get "into it" mentally, in the playoffs..then its time to move on. IR is what I would do. Its just become too much, the rehabing away from the team..the taking all reps in practice then deciding on his own not to even travel... I love what he has done and respect his game. But the sideshow has come to overshadow the contribution.

I dunno. Multiple sources are now saying he tweaked something on Friday and didn't feel like he could go. We'll see what happens. I'll be happy if he goes and indifferent if he doesn't.

I havent seen those sources.. could be. But Pete Carroll when Fridays practice ended still thought Lynch would play..then an hour or so later changed his tune. Listening to Brock and Salk right now and they are still under the impression Lynch just felt he wasnt mentally able to go.. Guess we will know for sure when Pete comes on!

themunn

Reaction score
I say he's a gametime decision and goes, wouldn't go so far as to say full go all week and plays

Donn2390

Reaction score
I think this is his last season, not only with the Hawks, but anywhere. He isn't going to play anywhere else next year. That being said, I would think he would want to go out in a blaze of glory, and not sitting at home under a cloud of suspicion.
It could appear that he intentionally sabotaged the team by his actions, hoping to see them eliminated, but that would be a foolhardy way to end a great career, something that would stick with him forever. I wouldn't think that was the case, but then we aren't dealing with a normal person.
Let's hope he really did have a problem and will be back at full speed this weekend and put the Beast Mode on the Panthers.

Greenhell

Reaction score
I keep sayin' that this year is the Bettis story 2015. Hometown boy made good wins championship in home state and retires on top.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawker84":3uydciiv said:
Nothing towards the op what so ever, but I could care less at this point. All I care about is that he's honest with the coaches, if he's a go great, if it's iffy, give C Mike all the reps. Love to have him, but we can win without him.

I think him saying he couldn't go Friday is about as honest as it can get.

How many players want to play so bad they actually hurt their team? It's happened 100 times in the league, players trying to tough it out and end up costing their team.

Lynch could have just gone and tried to play, but he knew he couldn't be his usual effective self. We have no reason to think anything else given his history of being one of the toughest gamers in the history of the league.

Right now I'm 50/50 on him playing Sunday. "Tweaked" tells me he could get it cranked up and be OK to play, and "tweaked" could mean it's not going to get better.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Marshawn seems like the type of guy that would do everything he can to help his team win. Whatever made him feel like he wasn't ready for the Minnesota game, I'll bet he's doing all he can to fix it.

My guess is that he plays against Carolina. Whatever was holding him back, it certainly didn't appear to be visible to the coaches during practice last week...so how debilitating to his performance could it be?

JPatera76

Reaction score
Vetamur":3uisy18a said:
peachesenregalia":3uisy18a said:
Vetamur":3uisy18a said:

I dunno. Multiple sources are now saying he tweaked something on Friday and didn't feel like he could go. We'll see what happens. I'll be happy if he goes and indifferent if he doesn't.

I havent seen those sources.. could be. But Pete Carroll when Fridays practice ended still thought Lynch would play..then an hour or so later changed his tune. Listening to Brock and Salk right now and they are still under the impression Lynch just felt he wasnt mentally able to go.. Guess we will know for sure when Pete comes on!

I also keep seeing more things including PC quotes that he felt he wasnt ready mentally.
And tbh His MMA coach isnt doing that great of a job if the mental game was what he was working on, seems to me he failed lynch, if lynch is having doubts and pulling himself as they're loading up on the buses to fly out. But just like Kam, he needs to be honest with himself and the team. Not at the last moment but in advance. Because I still believe a lot the game plan yesterday was revolving around lynch and thats why its part of our offense looks out of whack (other part weather) and very 1st half of the season uglyish.

"Except for a few people inside the Seahawks organization, nobody has known where Marshawn has been until now," Glazer said on FOX NFL Sunday. "It turns out that instead of going back and rehabbing with the Seahawks, he went to San Francisco and has been training with an MMA coach named Tareq Azim. I talked to him this morning and he said 'More than anything we're trying to get the fight back with Marshawn, he's never gone through a surgery, so we're working on the mental game with him."

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/12/20/10630246/marshawn-lynch-seattle-seahawks-return-injury

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If the team and Marshawn think he's good to go then he'll play.

Voted the 2nd option b/c it is hard to play like Lynch does after just 7 weeks of healing from sports hernia surgery.

Doesn't matter as our 3rd string RB got 70 yds rushing against Minnie yesterday in conditions where the #1 RB in the league only got 45.

idahawks

Reaction score
We need to move on. I don't think his hearts in it. Maybe he's' still hurt, maybe he was reinjured Friday. Either way it doesn't look like he's being up from with the coaches. His antics are becoming a distraction.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's time to move on. Quite frankly I am tired of the distraction, and he has already given us his best years. God bless him for everything he did for us but I'm over the distraction of him and his antics. Not being there for his team (on the sidelines at the very least) really bothered me.

Sign37now

Reaction score
Greenhell":2st8c473 said:
I keep sayin' that this year is the Bettis story 2015. Hometown boy made good wins championship in home state and retires on top.

I love this idea and wish it would come true however he has to play in order to fulfill this dream...

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1msspqe9 said:

How many players want to play so bad they actually hurt their team? It's happened 100 times in the league, players trying to tough it out and end up costing their team.

Lynch could have just gone and tried to play, but he knew he couldn't be his usual effective self. We have no reason to think anything else given his history of being one of the toughest gamers in the history of the league.

Right now I'm 50/50 on him playing Sunday. "Tweaked" tells me he could get it cranked up and be OK to play, and "tweaked" could mean it's not going to get better.

I would tend to agree with this here post, right here. I'm giving him the benefit of any doubt... He's EARNED it.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":3vmyg3f8 said:
Sgt. Largent":3vmyg3f8 said:

I would tend to agree with this here post, right here. I'm giving him the benefit of any doubt... He's EARNED it.
Without a doubt

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Marshawn knew that he was not feeling 100%. He knew that his body would not respond well to the frigid cold, so he did not want to be miserable while playing poorly. I believe that he will play this week against the Panthers....warmer temps and the revenge factor. Football is a mental game. Like it or not...Marshawn is a mental case.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2ru46j50 said:
Marshawn knew that he was not feeling 100%. He knew that his body would not respond well to the frigid cold, so he did not want to be miserable while playing poorly. I believe that he will play this week against the Panthers....warmer temps and the revenge factor. Football is a mental game. Like it or not...Marshawn is a mental case.

Maybe a mental case off the field, but not sure why you think on..............when all he's done is ball his entire career.