Who could be the next Geno Smith?

From forgotten to pro bowl, who could be the next Geno Smith?

• Drew Lock

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Zach Wilson

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Trey Lance

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Others

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Marc Jones

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

toffee

Reaction score
Geno Smith was all but forgotten by fans until Wilson asked to be traded and the rest is history. Who will follow in Geno's footsteps?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Zach Wilson has the best chance.

The thing about Geno is that he always had the obvious talent. I mean he straight up tossed that rock all over the yard at WVU.

Zach also has a big arm, can move around and chuck it, but... the Jets man, the goddamn Jets.

xray

Reaction score
What about the other ' Wilson ' ? ;)

xray

Reaction score
I'll guarantee that Smith will show up in the best shape of his career . It will be interesting to see how he retains his starter position ; and for how long .

DirectMessage

Reaction score
I was thinking Jacoby Brissett but still looking at #s
Yeah it's more common in this modern NFL. Guys cast off for dead like Baker, and Jared Goff coming back and showing they can play this game. You could almost exploit that gap by reclaiming these guys.

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
Mac Jones, he has had some crappie OC's and WR in New England.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Probably none of them. It’s about every 10-20 years a guy is in Geno’s shoes and becomes productive late in their career. Last guy was probably Gannon.
There's a few every couple decades at least I think. Alex Smith was my first thought for a more recent guy.

BASF

Reaction score
What career backup could be a starter and not win a playoff game? Most.
Dude. Our defense gave up 41 points and we were playing the best defense in the league. I mean, you are basically saying, that our QB sucks because he couldn't score 42 against the best defense that season. Only the Super Bowl champs that season were able to score that much against them, and they have one of the best offensive minds in the history of the game as their head coach and a future first ballot hall of fame QB as their leader. What you are saying is not even remotely reasonable.