By Sunday Marshawn will be....

By Sunday Marshawn will be....

• 1. IR'd?

Votes: 23 13.5%
  • 2. Still a game time decision and sits out?

Votes: 66 38.8%
  • 3. Is a full go all week and plays on Sunday?

Votes: 81 47.6%

• Total voters

massari

Reaction score
If Lynch has plans to play next season, wouldn't it be in his best interest to sit out for the rest of the season to make sure he's healthy going into free agency?

Wonder if that's what he's doing.

massari

Reaction score
Greenhell":ijtv7opd said:
I keep sayin' that this year is the Bettis story 2015. Hometown boy made good wins championship in home state and retires on top.
He'd be crazier than I thought if he leaves the guaranteed money he's getting from the Seahawks plus the money he'd get in free agency on the table.

getnasty

Reaction score
I wouldn't game plan for him to play a snap and I would name CMike the starter today. If Lynch plays he can take Bryce Brown's carries and go from there.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I believe he'll go for his teammates on Sunday and will give it everything he has.

kf3339

Reaction score
getnasty":1g9nwaoh said:
I wouldn't game plan for him to play a snap and I would name CMike the starter today. If Lynch plays he can take Bryce Brown's carries and go from there.

This makes sense to me. No need to give him the starter nod if he is not 100% both physically and mentally.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
To be honest, having Lynch in that game would not have helped. His first game back, playing in those conditions? He would have been so liable to re-injure something. Glad he has another week to recover, if he's full go against the Panthers, watch out!

Anthony!

Reaction score
As long as they get back to the offense they used in most of the 2nd half I do not care, but if they tweak for him or go back to the first half of the season we are in trouble. The game plan for Minny reminded me alot of the first half of the season. They need to stop the BS and get back to and stay with the 2nd half of the season style.

OpHawk

Reaction score
Vetamur":3o8bz9vh said:
Tough one.. personally I think its not worth it at this point. He wasnt hurt, he didnt have a setback.. and didnt even travel with the team. If he cant get "into it" mentally, in the playoffs..then its time to move on. IR is what I would do. Its just become too much, the rehabing away from the team..the taking all reps in practice then deciding on his own not to even travel... I love what he has done and respect his game. But the sideshow has come to overshadow the contribution.

My thoughts exactly. The guy is just flat selfish. Pains me to say it cuz on the field he is my favorite player of all time. But his act has gone stale. There is no reason he could not have traveled with the team and it's world class medical staff and see how he felt Sunday morning. Cut the BS marshawn and be a part of the team and not your own self-absorbed enigma.

impacthawk

Reaction score
Lynch needs to run the gauntlet drill in practice at full speed against a best, hardest hitting defenders. Pick up the ball and try to run through 5 guys at full speed. If he gets up and wants more....he travels and plays. If he quits, then we put him on IR and he's done. End the frickin speculation and run the drill Pete.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ever think that Pete didn't want or need the media distraction of Lynch in Minny and how he wasn't talking during interview requests etc.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I gotta be honest, it didn't bother me didn't make the trip. But watching the game and seeing Michael "just" miss some big hitters made me wonder what Lynch could have done

Boom84

Reaction score
Even with the very good reporting around the team there has been no evidence to surface of any issues beyond something physical with Marshawn. However it definitely feels like there are some very private shenanigans going on, including the minor disagreement today between Carroll and Marshawn's agent Doug Hendrickson.

This week it won't matter. All hands must be on deck for a playoff game being hosted by the top seeded team in the conference, a team who walked away from CenturyLink with a win earlier this year. Nothing that has happened to this point matters, and all that will is the preparation and execution in Carolina on Sunday. Personally, that's all I'm worried about.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Uncle Si":29q41mwn said:
I gotta be honest, it didn't bother me didn't make the trip. But watching the game and seeing Michael "just" miss some big hitters made me wonder what Lynch could have done
Don't remember exactly how he said it, but Pete made mention of this is his presser today. As usual he was quite politically correct but the general idea was the Michael will be taught to take the next step as it concerns breaking loose in the open field, playing off and setting up blocks, etc.

Rob12

Reaction score
Don't really know what to think at this point. I do know one thing - if those pictures of Pete and the rest of the team celebrating in the locker room following yesterday's huge win didn't fire him up and make him want to get back, nothing will, and he doesn't need to be here.

But on the other hand, for now at least, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Part of me is also indifferent at this point. Could he make us better? Absolutely. But could his presence on the field disrupt some things on offense? I think so, yes. The offense has been on a roll, and yesterday's game in Antartica like conditions doesn't change that.

I miss the Beast, and am thankful for what he's done, but I'm at the point where I can move on.

(I'd love a three game farewell tour if he's got in him, though.)

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Man, this one's really hard. I honestly don't know and I honestly believe -- neither does Pete. I suspect that there is a whole lot more going on here than most of us realize. That's a real testament to the Seahawks and their ability (unlike a lot of clubs) to keep their business "in house" -- not aired out for all to see in the media. And like Percy Harvin, we didn't really start to understand all the forces that had been happening in and around the club with him until he was gone. I'm not saying Marshawn is Percy Harvin by any means -- I'm just saying we're not going to know what was happening until he leaves. The organization isn't going to talk ... and we all know Marshawn isn't ever going to say anything.

So for me, I just don't have enough information to make an informed judgment about him -- one way or the other.

The part that really bothers me is the point that Aros, Vetamur, and others have brought up -- his decision not even to get on the bus. I have no idea what his physical status is at this point. So, the whole declaring himself not ready to go on Friday -- fine. Whatever. What bothers me is choosing to not get on the bus, make the flight to Minneapolis, and at least be there to be a part of the team and root on his teammates. That bothers me a lot frankly. He says he needs to continue to work out and rehab some more -- great. My question to him would be, "Are you telling me that you couldn't find anywhere in the Minneapolis area to work out? You couldn't do the exact same MMA rehab workouts in Minneapolis somehow? You absolutely HAD to do your rehab work in Seattle?" That and the real suddenness of his decision is the part that sticks in my craw. Choosing not to get on the bus, be a part of his team, and cheer them on from the sidelines -- that, to me, is pretty darned bad and borderline unforgivable.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Are we out of line, expecting Marshawn Lynch to even play again this year let alone in a week? I've never had a sports hernia but, I read it's a career ending injury!
I think ML is a GREAT back, not only because of his physical shape but, his mental approach to deny a defender or in his case, defenders, tackles at first impact! We've all seen it and all have been amazed at his fighting thru tackles.
I think Beast mode is done this year and rightfully so. He knows he's not 100% and doesn't want to play until he is mentally ready to take on the burden of reinjuring a problem that must be very painful at times.
I don't want to see Marshawn take the field and be only a shadow of himself.
Let's quit with all the negative posts.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It was certainly interesting when Pete said yesterday that it WASN'T a setback that prevented Marshawn from making the trip. It was Marshawn just not thinking he could go.

Not sure what that means.

But like I said, Marshawn's a warrior, so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for how hard he's run and played for us. If he says he can't go, I can't imagine it's some personal vendetta.

Latest posts