Who could be the next Geno Smith?

From forgotten to pro bowl, who could be the next Geno Smith?

• Drew Lock

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Zach Wilson

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Trey Lance

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Others

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Marc Jones

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Trey Lance simply because I already have enough data for the others on this list. Lance has been a disappointment thus far, but with very little NFL experience.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Trey Lance simply because I already have enough data for the others on this list. Lance has been a disappointment thus far, but with very little NFL experience.
That might feel nice. Seahawks could take the embarrassment of the 49ers and rub salt in the wound by making him an actual QB.

DirectMessage

Reaction score
I feel like he's already done it. He was better than Geno last year or at the least on par.
I was more going with sentiment of the argument. Guys that were called garbage and thrown on the scrap heap. Baker, Goff and came back strong. Maybe Mitch Trubisky is the next Geno? 🤔

Ozzy

Reaction score
I was more going with sentiment of the argument. Guys that were called garbage and thrown on the scrap heap. Baker, Goff and came back strong. Maybe Mitch Trubisky is the next Geno? 🤔
Ah Gotcha

Rat

Reaction score
Not drafted as early as Geno, but Sam Howell is another one I think could take off with a different team. If the Commanders didn't have the #2 overall pick, he'd probably still be in the mix there. He can definitely sling it, just needs better pocket presence.

I loved Bailey Zappe in college too, but he has looked pretty limited, although it's not like he was given any decent targets.

DirectMessage

Reaction score
Not drafted as early as Geno, but Sam Howell is another one I think could take off with a different team. If the Commanders didn't have the #2 overall pick, he'd probably still be in the mix there. He can definitely sling it, just needs better pocket presence.

I loved Bailey Zappe in college too, but he has looked pretty limited, although it's not like he was given any decent targets.
Howell is another guy in the NFL meat grinder. It's kind of sickening the amount of talented QB's that has been turned into hamburger in the last 5-7 years. You almost have to pray you go to a team in the Shanahan tree, nowadays.