By Sunday Marshawn will be....

By Sunday Marshawn will be....

• 1. IR'd?

Votes: 23 13.5%
  • 2. Still a game time decision and sits out?

Votes: 66 38.8%
  • 3. Is a full go all week and plays on Sunday?

Votes: 81 47.6%

• Total voters

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I guess I'm in the minority in that I believe he'll be a full go in Carolina.

I think he had a setback in practice on Thursday, and didn't recover well on Friday in practice. That's it. Do I have proof? No.

I just don't see Marshawn working his ass off for weeks to get back to help the team, and then not giving it a go in a one-or-done game in Carolina. Kam told us that him and Marshawn had unfinished business, when he came back from his holdout.

To me, this is an all hands on deck thing this week, say what you want about "we can do it without him". From what I saw from the offense with Michael, we need a guy that can help us pick up 3rd and short without getting stuffed. That guy is in the VMAC working hard to be good to go this week.

That's what I believe.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Happypuppy":31aaxakq said:
He is done. Injury or. Whatever I don't see him playing.

I hope you're wrong.

A triumphant return for Lynch helping us get to another SB would be an amazing story, even if this is his last year (which is the consensus).

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I would IR him now, shut it down. Shut down the drama, and let everyone focus on moving forward this year and beyond without him. I would rather have all the players focusing on what their role will be to help the team win on sunday, without any question of whether Marshawn will be there.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2z77blyk said:
I would IR him now, shut it down. Shut down the drama, and let everyone focus on moving forward this year and beyond without him. I would rather have all the players focusing on what their role will be to help the team win on sunday, without any question of whether Marshawn will be there.

This team's been dealing with Marshawn drama from day one, it doesn't seem to faze them.

So even if he still can't go this week, why IR him just to get him out of the building? If we win and he's back next week what a boost that'd be. No need to IR him just to get him to go away, he's still the best runner we have when healthy.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think it's the best move not to travel if you're trying to rehab a groin injury. Spending hours traveling, then standing around on a frigid sideline instead of staying in the facility with the trainers would be foolhardy.

I like what's posted above, "He's earned the right to take care of his body how he best sees fit, and should have our support until proven otherwise."

Everything else is just speculation and a reflection of our disappointment in not seeing Beast Mode play.

MrThortan

Reaction score
A game time decision. Lynch listed as active, sits out the first qtr on the sidelines getting a rub because he just couldn't get loose. Comes in the second qtr and has some decent runs and splits carries with Michael for the remainder of the game. No beast quake though; not even a tremor.

Seriously though, hell if I know.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
So just where is the distraction everyone is referring to?

Nothing about this Seahawks team is any different then on previous years.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
This team was flat on Sunday and needs an emotional boost and regardless of what we think of Lynch, he is not done and would absolutely line up next year in a Pats, Cardinals, Packers uniform the second he is potentially let go after this season. He's more valuable playing for Seattle than potentially another team, giving them confidence they don't need.

There are certain players like Charles Woodson, Ray Lewis and countless others that are worth more than their production on the football field. We are talking about distractions?? Distractions on a team built with a bunch of misfits??

This roster and team benefits from the distraction of Lynch most of this season.....This is a roster that needs challenges to be presented in front of them, before they perform at maximum ability. They essentially played 3 complete games out of the last 17 played and one of them was when they were challenged after losing the 4th game and they rolled at Santa Clara on Thursday night.....the other two were the game vs Pittsburgh when they were challenged defensively and still carrying dead weight of Cary Williams, and past dead weight of Drew Nowak and others that didn't belong on this roster.

Game three when others doubted them was after the Ram loss a couple of weeks ago when they demolished Arizona and there was going to be a let down. They survived it and advanced.

Now the ultimate challenge is in front of them....win two on the road as underdogs when no one believes they can. It's about Marshawn time, but I don't think his health should be questioned....he, for the first time isn't sure he can perform and may have temporary doubts about playing well right now. But I have no doubt that if he can play Sunday against Carolina, he will.

My gut tells me he just didn't want to play in -5 degree weather and decided to stay home while not close to 80%....does it really matter and are we really going to shed Bennett, Kam and others when they become "distractions" down the road....?? LOL...... At Carolina with 50 degree weather and at Arizona at 75 degrees, he'll play and play well. These games may come down to a converted 1st down in each half....that extra first half may be the difference between giving Carson Palmer and Cam Newton an extra possession each half.

Do you want Carolina and Arizona's linebackers to game plan for Marshawn Lynch at 3rd and 3 or less or not?? Stop with the drama, if he wants to play, play him, if not, you move on.....there is no downside at all.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If we get a chance to get Lynch for the game, we are better for having him in there.

Lynch vs Michael is no contest. But an injured Lynch could hurt us, so I am glad he is being cautious to make sure he only plays if he is safe to play.

I would expect that Marshawn knows his body better than us and would be aware if he can go or not.

And I understand that we shouldn't put the entire gameplan in place depending on him being there if he cannot, but if by some miracle he can go - it gives us a better chance to use him. Michael is likely not going to be breaking long runs on Carolina but maybe Lynch could.

I don't know the full story of why Lynch could not travel with the team, but I think the team is strong enough mentally to be able to handle it. I do think we should use him if we get him available.

The guy has done enough for this team that he should get the benefit of the doubt.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":2yrejrso said:
I guess I'm in the minority in that I believe he'll be a full go in Carolina.

I think he had a setback in practice on Thursday, and didn't recover well on Friday in practice. That's it. Do I have proof? No.

I just don't see Marshawn working his ass off for weeks to get back to help the team, and then not giving it a go in a one-or-done game in Carolina. Kam told us that him and Marshawn had unfinished business, when he came back from his holdout.

To me, this is an all hands on deck thing this week, say what you want about "we can do it without him". From what I saw from the offense with Michael, we need a guy that can help us pick up 3rd and short without getting stuffed. That guy is in the VMAC working hard to be good to go this week.

That's what I believe.
This sums it up for me too..

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I just hope they give the reps to CMike he needs them.

Lynch has not played in a long time and is a wildcard. If he can play great then work him in to the game. I just don't think we can count on it and to do so is foolish.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
I feel like I'm missing something here. What exactly invalidates the idea that Lynch did in fact have a setback on Thursday/Friday that kept him out? Whatever the relationship is between Lynch and the FO, I don't think the guy would do his teammates dirty like that.

I believe he had a legitimate setback. He's earned the benefit of the doubt.

FearTheBlitz

Reaction score
Sheil Kapadia ‏@SheilKapadia 8 minutes ago
Asked Carroll if Lynch's status could go all the way to game time Sunday. "It really could," he said. Seems most likely scenario.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Carroll on Lynch: "He did not have a setback."
SoftyKjr on Twitter :

Lynch's agent to me Saturday: "He simply had a setback Friday."

Rocket

Reaction score
He had recent abdominal surgery, he allegedly "tweaked" something on Friday (Saturday?)
The dude is mortal fer christs sake, give him a break. SUR GER EEE. Knives in your gut... Duh

DavidSeven

Reaction score
One thing that's interesting to me is that it seems to be an "all or nothing" proposition for him. For a guy who is used to being elite, I could see how that mentality makes sense. However, on the other side, I could see the benefit to the team for having him dressed and maybe taking 5 game reps or being just an emergency option, even if he was something less than 100% confident that he was "fully" back. He doesn't need 15-20 carries to help the team, but he doesn't seem willing to come back to anything less than that.

I think he plays, but I don't think anyone can predict it at this point. Most players in NFL will play if the team clears them, regardless of their comfort. They don't really have much other choice. This is obviously a different situation. I'm pretty sure that only Marshawn will know if he's going to play or not, and that might not be made clear to anyone until he's actually lined up behind Russell.

naholmes

Reaction score
Happypuppy":3hi2u09n said:
Carroll on Lynch: "He did not have a setback."
SoftyKjr on Twitter :

Lynch's agent to me Saturday: "He simply had a setback Friday."
I've read all the reports and it sounds like he had pain from the surgical site and didn't feel quite right. It does not sound like he re-tore the muscle or anything like that, which is the usual way one might think of a setback. However, it is a setback in the sense that Lynch thought he was fully recovered and found out that he is not.

It is really not all that surprising that the MMA training didn't fully prepare him for all the different movements he would be making on the field. Hopefully with those practices behind him and another few days of rest will do wonders and he will feel like his old self in practice this week.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Aros":3rnhpa0b said:
It's time to move on. Quite frankly I am tired of the distraction, and he has already given us his best years. God bless him for everything he did for us but I'm over the distraction of him and his antics. Not being there for his team (on the sidelines at the very least) really bothered me.
I agree 100% I said this before he is a beast no doubt . But also a huge head case I think he is done being a Seahawk . Maybe done with the NFL as well . It's time to move on can't count on him playing . I hope we go into this week of prep thinking he will not play .