Was that Pete's last game in Seattle?

Was that Pete's last game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think he stays because Jody is looking for a babysitter. Hence the lazy 5 year extension years ago.

I don't care at this point. Doesn't matter what we do this off-season because the Niners are winning the division again next year and the Rams probably second. So we are battling for the 7th spot again next year and one and done.

Hurtt getting fired is irrelevant. Just smoke and mirrors.
The way the cardinals played late in the year and they get Murray back we may finish last in our division.

evergreen

Reaction score
Yeah end the game one way if another. Go on vacation not hurt.

Ozzy

Reaction score
One thing's pretty certain. If Pete's out, it's not something that's going to drag on long. There's only a limited amount of time and coaching talent out there before it becomes a poor decision to do so.
If he waits until other spots are filled my opinion of him will change drastically

NoGain

Reaction score
If PC wants to stay, I think it's pretty clear he will. The ownership group would have to have their ducks in a row and be ready to pounce like...tomorrow. I just don't get the feeling they're ready to do so. Not at all. I do think, however, they might want to hear a constructive plan for going forward that's not all smoke and mirrors.

But this is all just conjecture on my part.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Judy is the problem.

I woke up this morning and it hit me like a ton of bricks.

Judy has a boner for Pete. She'll never force him out.

Don't be surprised if they talk extension in the next 12 months.
This reads like vietnam propaganda loudspeakers lol

knownone

Reaction score
Pete will probably be back, and the Seahawks will be right back in the playoff mix, as they have been every season since 2012.

NoGain

Reaction score
Pete will probably be back, and the Seahawks will be right back in the playoff mix, as they have been every season since 2012.
Maybe. We could also end up 4th in the division. Not at all unreasonable. But in any case, we're not going to be a true title contender. Same old, same old...

86Hawk

Reaction score
I'm guessing he'll be back but I really do think it's time to move on. I'll always have a fond respect for what he did here. He took us to the top. Best coach we've ever had. But it's time for a change.

knownone

Reaction score
Maybe. We could also end up 4th in the division. Not at all unreasonable. But in any case, we're not going to be a true title contender. Same old, same old...
We could also end up 1st in the division, and who knows whether we'll be a title contender. It seems premature to be writing them off in January. We'll see what happens.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Pete has earned the right to stay as long as he wants to. Period. Maybe a little adjustment on the DC front, but Pete is our guy.
Funny GIF

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Pete is ultra conservative, but yet he goes for 2 pt conversion? Found that odd and unlike Pete to not play for OT

Look at it like resting your starters in cases where you already know whether youre in or out of the playoffs. We knew GB won so the result didn’t matter anymore and no reason to risk injury for an extended game.

Win or lose it on that play.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
Pete has earned the right to stay as long as he wants to. Period. Maybe a little adjustment on the DC front, but Pete is our guy.
If one superbowl earns the right to have that coaching job the rest of your career then we'd see a lot of coaches keeping their jobs. This is nonsense you're only as good as your last season. Pete ball is antiquated how many seasons has this defense stunk.

flv2

Reaction score
Not going to vote but...
I don't see him quitting and I don't see the owner firing him. In that scenario I don't see him making any coaching change that he doesn't have to. It'll be continuity with a few new players for 1 last crack at the title.

RiverDog

Reaction score
My problem with this line of thinking is that things DID change from 2021. On offense they (mostly) changed for the better. On defense, they changed for the worse. But they didn't stay the same.

We aren't running a typical 'Pete ball' offense (though I sometimes think he tries to get us to at inopportune times) and we don't run Pete's traditional defense, either.

My thought experiment is this: If we had dumped Pete the same year we dumped Russ, and a new guy showed up, running this different offense and this different defense and had us on the verge of the playoffs both these past two seasons (making it in one of them), I'd be THRILLED with that result. Because that's not what usually happens.
But you're completely ignoring/rationalizing the past 7 defenses that Pete has put out. He's a defensive minded coach, and this is as good as he can produce? In order to be successful, Pete needs a run first offense and a top 5 defense, and since the end of the LOB era, he hasn't come anywhere close to that kind of defensive performance.
As it is, it's pretty crazy to move on from our franchise QB to a perennial backup that nobody thought was going to start again and be in this position. That's not how that goes either. (See: New England)

Green Bay sure as crap isn't pissed with how their season is going the first year post-Rodgers.

Are you equating Geno Smith with Jordan Love?

Packers fans are excited because they have their heir apparent to two future HOF quarterbacks and who is 25 years old in his first full season as a starter. Compare that to Geno Smith, who is 8 years older, bounced around the league for 9 previous seasons, and is in his 2nd season as a starter having regressed from his performance of a season ago.

Plus, Packers fans have some semblance of a defense. We don't.

I don't know. Do I want Pete back? Not sure. But it's still very weird how people went from being sure we were about to be one of the worst teams in the NFL when we replaced Russ with Geno Smith to being pissed about making the playoffs/nearly making the playoffs two years in a row. (While being the in the same division as probably the second-best team in the league.)
I can handle that part. It's natural to fear the unknown, and we could easily end up changing coaches once every three years like the Jets, Browns, Raiders, Lions, etc.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score

Why? Because he won a Super Bowl? Do you know how many Super Bowl winning coaches have been let go in the NFL? Pete has been stuck for 9 years now. It's time.

xray

Reaction score
We might as well get used to the fact that PC ain't going anywhere . The only way he goes away , is if the Hawks come in dead last in the division next year ; and maybe not even then . Coming in 3rd this year seems to be acceptable to PC , the organization , and to many fans . A fan that actually accepts and enjoy a mediocre team ; is probably a border line loser in life as well .