Was that Pete's last game in Seattle?

Was that Pete's last game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Why is it considered inappropriate?

This is exactly the questions a Philly or New York media asks a team that isn’t successful.

What’s the purpose? You can write a better story that actually has more truths and actual perspective from a coach if you ask specific questions.

It’s not bullying a team—it’s gathering perspective and at least the coach will tell you what went wrong. I’m so tired of giving a free pass to a coach in which his typical answers do not match the product of the field.

Tyler Lockett said a few seasons ago, Seattle, prepares based on what they see on film, and when they get to the actual game, they play against things not on film.

Why is that? Why are they unprepared?

And why does Carroll knowing this, say things like, “We had a great week of practice” only to see the ultimate product on the field, does not look great?

Why can’t you ultimately ask because you’re sick of seeing things aren’t what you were told by the coach before the game?

Everything is all all roses with the coach pre game presser and then it doesn’t match at all what the product on the field is during the game and that continues on and on and on for multiple seasons??

Why can’t you ask questions you want answered instead of being led astray every time and continue to see mediocrity from a team that supposedly is talented on paper but does not play to their “abilities” as even the coaches state the players are talented players but the sum of its parts does not equate to a great product on the field??

The question should be why wouldn’t you not want to ask these questions?? Not why did you ask these questions?? Cause the coaches feelings would be hurt???

You gotta be kidding me….
It all comes down to accountability. As long as nobody holds Pete accountable, they'll continue having great practices.

keasley45

Reaction score
That’s the look of “my players don’t believe my bullshit anymore!”
I dont think thats the case. I think his players love him and the fact that they fought the way they did and have fought this year, speaks to to that. The separation between Pete and his coordinators allows for room for that.

It was surprising to me that guys like Diggs and Wags... Tyler in their post game presser all pointed to youth as the reason for the teams's struggles and though disappointed, said they love THIS team.

Could be politically correct speak. Or it could be that if they see an issue, that they dont see it as Pete directly.

IMO, the obvious issue, prime, #1 is Hurtt. If anyone's method is tuned out or not jibing, its his.

But Pete brought him in, so that doesnt absolve him.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Why is it considered inappropriate?

This is exactly the questions a Philly or New York media asks a team that isn’t successful.

What’s the purpose? You can write a better story that actually has more truths and actual perspective from a coach if you ask specific questions.

It’s not bullying a team—it’s gathering perspective and at least the coach will tell you what went wrong. I’m so tired of giving a free pass to a coach in which his typical answers do not match the product of the field.

Tyler Lockett said a few seasons ago, Seattle, prepares based on what they see on film, and when they get to the actual game, they play against things not on film.

And why does Carroll knowing this, say things like, “We had a great week of practice” only to see the ultimate product on the field, does not look great?

Why can’t you ultimately ask because you’re sick of seeing things aren’t what you were told by the coach before the game?

Everything is all all roses with the coach pre game presser and then it doesn’t match at all what the product on the field is during the game and that continues on and on and on for multiple seasons??

Why can’t you ask questions you want answered instead of being led astray every time and continue to see mediocrity from a team that supposedly is talented on paper but does not play to their “abilities” as even the coaches state the players are talented players but the sum of its parts does not equate to a great product on the field??

The question should be why wouldn’t you not want to ask these questions?? Not why did you ask these questions?? Cause the coaches feelings would be hurt???

You gotta be kidding me….
I am not kidding you. Philadelphia and New York media are assholes, and that sort of culture really shouldn't be aspired to. Hasn't worked for New York, in particular, let me tell ya.

It is an inappropriate question for a post-game presser. It's not the correct time to ask that sort of thing, and regardless, it's never really the right time to start asking loaded questions just because you're mad.

That's, thankfully, not how the media thinks because they'd never get anything answered that way. If the media DID think and operate that way, it'd be in the teams best interest to never give an answer outside of the bare minimum to them. Ever again.

This is a relationship that needs to remain mutually beneficial between the org and the media. The moment the media stops being a mutually beneficial outlet for the team because they got all righteously indignant on behalf of the fans, they'll get less info. As it should be.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
It all comes down to accountability. As long as nobody holds Pete accountable, they'll continue having great practices.
Accountability needs to be a two-way street, and the team has no recourse for holding the media especially accountable on a wide scale. It's not their job to dole the accountability out.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I am not kidding you. Philadelphia and New York media are assholes, and that sort of culture really shouldn't be aspired to. Hasn't worked for New York, in particular, let me tell ya.

It is an inappropriate question for a post-game presser. It's not the correct time to ask that sort of thing, and regardless, it's never really the right time to start asking loaded questions just because you're mad.

That's, thankfully, not how the media thinks because they'd never get anything answered that way. If the media DID think and operate that way, it'd be in the teams best interest to never give an answer outside of the bare minimum to them. Ever again.

This is a relationship that needs to remain mutually beneficial between the org and the media. The moment the media stops being a mutually beneficial outlet for the team because they got all righteously indignant on behalf of the fans, they'll get less info. As it should be.
Well, if this is an “inappropriate” question right after the game, there must not be a time to ever ask a question “like” this cause there would never be an “good” time to do so.

I guess that means Seattle media continues to be fed bullshit and somehow its “beneficial” to them.

But, I will agree with you one thing, journalists are almost always NOT fans of the team and fans of the team probably wouldn’t make good journalist.

But then it begs the question, what makes a “good” journalist if the product and writings they put out also does not have an audience that believes what they write, cause all they write is what the coach want readers to “believe.”

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Nah, I think we get another off season of meaningless coordinator firings and Pete promises to fix all the things he hasn't been able to fix in almost a decade now.

I don't think Jody has the stomach to shake up the organization the way it needs to be shaken up. Not if her intent is to sell in the next couple of years, she'll leave the shakeup for the new owner.

9-8 for 2024 here we come fellas!!

BASF

Reaction score

I am with you on everything else, but how are we supposed to prepare without watching the film? How are we supposed to prepare for teams that are running things that they don't normally run, so we have not seen it on film? A great example of this is the Tampa Bay Germany game. The Bucs were literally doing running plays they had not done all season long. How are you supposed to divine that the opponent is going to be doing things they have not put on film?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I am with you on everything else, but how are we supposed to prepare without watching the film? How are we supposed to prepare for teams that are running things that they don't normally run, so we have not seen it on film? A great example of this is the Tampa Bay Germany game. The Bucs were literally doing running plays they had not done all season long. How are you supposed to divine that the opponent is going to be doing things they have not put on film?
I’m not saying don’t watch film, cause that’s what you have to do, but, why is that these teams Seattle is playing able to “one up” Seattle so much???

If they are doing things not on film (all the time) when it comes down to the game itself, Seattle has to get ready to change on the fly and come up with a new game plan….

I can see the players being fed up with having to do this and feel all their “good practices” are a complete waste of time???

Don’t you think??

You watch the film and the coaches also watch film, and then in practice, they say prepare for this and that, and you have a “good week of practice.” And come game time, everything you “practiced for” you don’t even see it.

Easy for players to lose trust in coaches at this point. And maybe that’s what has transpired???

It’s crazy there’s so many things wrong with this team and the BS the pre game pressers tell Seattles media can be completeh different from the post game pressers.

Just once, I’d like to see something alongs the lines of, “we knew they were running this way and this was coming and we were able to read the keys and prevent the run from getting more yards….”

But this entire season, Seattle, just kept getting gashed….what was all that “good week of practice” for?? And it was like this also last year when Josh Jacobs also ran all over Seattle as well….

Something is deeply, deeply, wrong with this team and it goes beyond players….

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

When players like Lockett drop the cliches like "we didn't see these things on film," and "effort wasn't there," and all the other excuses players and coaches use because they don't want to say the real reasons they lost. Which usually revolve around lack of talent, poor coaching and lack of effort.

Can't say those things, cause that's throwing your coaches and teammates under the bus. So you say nonsense like "they wanted it more than us."

Pete Carroll is a rudimentary X's and O's coach that the complexities and nuances of the game have passed him by. So he and his players continue to be the most schematically predictable team in the entire league that much younger and smarter coaches destroy, even coaches with less talent.....as we saw in spades this year with McVay who made the playoffs with a bunch of 3rd and 4th rounders.

Fade

Reaction score
Yup.

With Pete, its always HOW he says things or how he frames them thats important. Him adding "at this point I do," when asked if he expects to be back is a big 'tell' in my book.

He didnt have to add it. He could have just left his response as it was, but he deliberately tacked that on the end.

That, to me says that there's a convo to be had with JS and Jody about the future. And... that that convo will determine what he does. I think he left himself the room to resign if Jody wants to move on.

If all was 'good' on his seat, he wouldnt have said it.

If i were to guess, i think he knows there will be conditions on him keeping his job (replacing staff, shifting approach in delegation, etc) and he knows that if its something he cant live with, that he will step aside.
All Pete has to do is sweet talk Judy at their annual meeting, easy-peasy.

He does this every year. Pete's got this in the bag.

Fade

Reaction score
When players like Lockett drop the cliches like "we didn't see these things on film," and "effort wasn't there," and all the other excuses players and coaches use because they don't want to say the real reasons they lost. Which usually revolve around lack of talent, poor coaching and lack of effort.

Can't say those things, cause that's throwing your coaches and teammates under the bus. So you say nonsense like "they wanted it more than us."

Pete Carroll is a rudimentary X's and O's coach that the complexities and nuances of the game have passed him by. So he and his players continue to be the most schematically predictable team in the entire league that much younger and smarter coaches destroy, even coaches with less talent.....as we saw in spades this year with McVay who made the playoffs with a bunch of 3rd and 4th rounders.
Absolutely correct.

And it is why some of the players take plays off, or freelance on defense. They don't trust the scheme, and they don't trust the coaches. I don't blame them either.

keasley45

Reaction score
All Pete has to do is sweet talk Judy at their annual meeting, easy-peasy.

He does this every year. Pete's got this in the bag.

Why? Because she's a woman, she's too stupid to make hard calls? She's a successful business woman for a reason.

Educate yourself

It was per Jody's recommendation that Paul bought the Seahawks in the first place.

And Jody was the one who said this on the heels of Russ lying about the trade:

“While Russell made it clear he wanted this change, he made Seattle proud, and we are grateful for his decade of leadership on and off the field,”

She had the balls to call out the BS of a beloved NFL 'hero' and one of the faces of the league. I'm sure she's got the smarts to do what's right for the team.

And if she chooses to let Pete ride out his last year... its her call.

But weak, meek and too naive to know better? That's borderline sexist at its base unless you have some inside info that would paint her incompetent. Other than her simply not doing what you prefer.

If not for Jody, we might be cheering for the LA Seahawks right now, if they'd even exist at all.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Absolutely correct.

And it is why some of the players take plays off, or freelance on defense. They don't trust the scheme, and they don't trust the coaches. I don't blame them either.

Correct, and unfortunately I see way too many soft defenders like Woolen who aren't giving 100%, especially when it comes to tackling.

Not to single him out, but he seems to be the most egregious of what I'm talking about. Needs more dogs on the D, that's for sure.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Why? Because she's a woman, she's too stupid to make hard calls? She's a successful business woman for a reason.

Educate yourself

It was per Jody's recommendation that Paul bought the Seahawks in the first place.

“While Russell made it clear he wanted this change, he made Seattle proud, and we are grateful for his decade of leadership on and off the field,”

She had the balls to call out the BS of a beloved NFL 'hero' and one of the faces of the league. I'm sure she's got the smarts to do what's right for the team.

But weak, meek and too naive to know better? That's borderline sexist at its base unless you have some inside info that would paint her incompetent. Other than her simply not doing what you prefer.

If not for Jody, we might be cheering for the LA Seahawks right now, if they'd even exist at all.
Good perspective.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

Educate yourself

I don't see Jody as a weak person, or an incompetent owner. Or lacking the acumen to run a business.

She seems like a capable smart person. But that doesn't = great NFL owner with the driving passion to win at all costs. She was gifted an NFL franchise, and on the surface seems perfectly fine letting Pete run the team until she decides it's a good time to sell.

IMO sports team ownership is like any other business ownership, you HAVE to be completely invested and passionate about it's success. Probably even more so with sports team ownership, because it's such a front facing public entity with rabid fans and regions crazy about your product.

So sorry, I've never seen Jody Allen stalking the sidelines hugging coaches and players like Paul did. I've never seen Jody up in the owner suite high fiving friends and family after a big win. I've never seen Jody raising the 12th Man flag getting the crowd fired up.

All the things 100% invested passionate owners do.

James in PA

Reaction score
Pete just reiterated on his radio show that he wants to come back, he's not worn out at all, and that he needs to do a better job. Whoopee.