Was that Pete's last game in Seattle?

Was that Pete's last game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Fingers crossed. I’m appreciative of the man but it’s time I think. And going out with a win and winning season ain’t bad especially after the train wreck second half of the season
I'm curious if Pete Carroll does retire if it was essentially a forced retirement?

chrispy

Reaction score
Seems like Dan Quinn staying in Dallas last year might have been an expectation (planned or not) to try for a HC job this off-season. Maybe he's been the plan all along. Jody, Dan and Pete could have easily all agreed to a succession last offseason. Even if not, Pete won't get fired, but it could easily be a mutual agreement for him to move to head cheerleader for a year or two (or some other front office made up title). I think he's coached his last game.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I will say this..if Pete retains his coaching staff then I for sure want him out...but not sure I trust Pete to make the right hires. I know dangerwich demanded Waldo and it backfired badly but he needs to go...and Hurtt well thats obvious. Just not sure I trust Pete to make the right hires based on history.

Screaming Judy

Reaction score
Pete retires from coaching and becomes the VP of Football Operations (Full Time). Schneider hires Kellen Moore or Todd Monken as head coach and goes all in on drafting out QBOTF.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Guys, he's not going anywhere. He has full support from Jody & John, etc.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Not about what you want to happen, but what you think will.

Was that Pete's last game?

I'm choosing yes based on body language.

I think outside of some amazing season to extend further which I don’t see happening, I think Jody gives him one last season. I don’t want it but that’s what I think will happen. I would love to be surprised. Yes worse may come but what is right now is not good enough. Gotta take the risk.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I voted no that it wasn't his last game as our head coach. But I sure as hell wish that it was. Jody's not firing him and Pete has too big of an ego to go out with his tail between his legs. He wants to ride off into the sunset carrying a Lombardi.

I'm fully aware that we could end up like the Jets, Browns, or Lions and not even make the playoffs for a decade or longer. But I'm willing to take that risk. I'm ready for a new beginning, good, bad, or indifferent.