Was that Pete's last game in Seattle?

Was that Pete's last game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Nah, I think we get another off season of meaningless coordinator firings and Pete promises to fix all the things he hasn't been able to fix in almost a decade now.

I don't think Jody has the stomach to shake up the organization the way it needs to be shaken up. Not if her intent is to sell in the next couple of years, she'll leave the shakeup for the new owner.

9-8 for 2024 here we come fellas!!

Unfortunately all of this

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Why? Because she's a woman, she's too stupid to make hard calls? She's a successful business woman for a reason.

Educate yourself

It was per Jody's recommendation that Paul bought the Seahawks in the first place.

And Jody was the one who said this on the heels of Russ lying about the trade:

“While Russell made it clear he wanted this change, he made Seattle proud, and we are grateful for his decade of leadership on and off the field,”

She had the balls to call out the BS of a beloved NFL 'hero' and one of the faces of the league. I'm sure she's got the smarts to do what's right for the team.

And if she chooses to let Pete ride out his last year... its her call.

But weak, meek and too naive to know better? That's borderline sexist at its base unless you have some inside info that would paint her incompetent. Other than her simply not doing what you prefer.

If not for Jody, we might be cheering for the LA Seahawks right now, if they'd even exist at all.
Don't bother. His ONLY agenda is to blast Pete 24/7 365.

This is the same guy with the worst takes in the history of dot net.

Rams are tanking, book it!!!!!!!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Pete just reiterated on his radio show that he wants to come back, he's not worn out at all, and that he needs to do a better job. Whoopee.
Yep, when I hear him talk it's just blah blah blah blah blah.

A change is needed; it's just not coming. So, I'm not gonna' even let myself entertain the idea that anyone BUT Pete will be the coach next year.

keasley45

Reaction score
I don't see Jody as a weak person, or an incompetent owner. Or lacking the acumen to run a business.

She seems like a capable smart person. But that doesn't = great NFL owner with the driving passion to win at all costs. She was gifted an NFL franchise, and on the surface seems perfectly fine letting Pete run the team until she decides it's a good time to sell.

IMO sports team ownership is like any other business ownership, you HAVE to be completely invested and passionate about it's success. Probably even more so with sports team ownership, because it's such a front facing public entity with rabid fans and regions crazy about your product.

So sorry, I've never seen Jody Allen stalking the sidelines hugging coaches and players like Paul did. I've never seen Jody up in the owner suite high fiving friends and family after a big win. I've never seen Jody raising the 12th Man flag getting the crowd fired up.

All the things 100% invested passionate owners do.

Again, so on what other grounds are you basing your belief that she's not passionate or engaged enough, other than she hasn't raised the 12th man flag or been seen on the sidelines?

BTW:

And Paul had reason to be on the sideline. I don't remember him hugging anyone in Pete's first 2 years.

And sure, Paul lured Holmgren by giving him full control. He then replaced him with Jim Mora Jr. So let's not pretend he was some engaged, informed football mind because most everyone saw that hire as a slow motion train wreck the moment it was announced. Stupidest hire since D Erickson.

Usually you see owners on the field hugging players when the team is successful or accomplished something. We've been the definition of average for 3 years.

Last edited:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Why? Because she's a woman, she's too stupid to make hard calls? She's a successful business woman for a reason.

Educate yourself

It was per Jody's recommendation that Paul bought the Seahawks in the first place.

And Jody was the one who said this on the heels of Russ lying about the trade:

“While Russell made it clear he wanted this change, he made Seattle proud, and we are grateful for his decade of leadership on and off the field,”

She had the balls to call out the BS of a beloved NFL 'hero' and one of the faces of the league. I'm sure she's got the smarts to do what's right for the team.

And if she chooses to let Pete ride out his last year... its her call.

But weak, meek and too naive to know better? That's borderline sexist at its base unless you have some inside info that would paint her incompetent. Other than her simply not doing what you prefer.

If not for Jody, we might be cheering for the LA Seahawks right now, if they'd even exist at all.

Good lord. It has nothing to do with her being a woman. It has everything to do with her letting Pete run the entire thing so she doesn't have to though. Your right, she's a business person and she looks at the bottom line. If the Hawks are making money, why change anything. That's her outlook. The team wins enough to keep the profit margins up, but that's it. She's more inspired by that than winning Super Bowls. I can't wait for her to sell the team.

James in PA

Reaction score
Yep, when I hear him talk it's just blah blah blah blah blah.

A change is needed; it's just not coming. So, I'm not gonna' even let myself entertain the idea that anyone BUT Pete will be the coach next year.
Our only hope now is that Jody actually gives AF. But, Im sure she'll let Pete continue to steer the ship.

keasley45

Reaction score
Good lord. It has nothing to do with her being a woman. It has everything to do with her letting Pete run the entire thing so she doesn't have to though. Your right, she's a business person and she looks at the bottom line. If the Hawks are making money, why change anything. That's her outlook. The team wins enough to keep the profit margins up, but that's it. She's more inspired by that than winning Super Bowls. I can't wait for her to sell the team.
Like I said, based on what?

There's some reaching here based on pure dislike that's coming through as something other than logic.

What evidence is there that she only cares about the bottom line?

And further - THE ONLY REASON SEATTLE BECAME A TOP VALUED FRANCHISE IS BECAUSE THEY BECAME SUCCESSFUL.

WE ARENT THE COWBOYS. You have a year or two of sub 500 play or continued medicocrity and the value of this frachise will go right back to where it was before we had Mike and Pete... a laughing stock, 'seahags', 'Seagulls' posterchild for NFL pergatory.

Shes smart, she knows that.

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
I'm on the fence about Carroll. Until recently, he was a top five NFL coach, and at times a top three coach. His last two or three DC's have sucked though, and of course there was Bevell too. The defense had enough talent to be top half of the league though. This kind of reminds me of Noll in the 80s with the Stealers. They were kind of competitive and made the playoffs some years, made an AFC CG, won 10 sometimes, but they were basically mediocre and weren't even close to a SB. He was living off of past glory.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Like I said, based on what?

There's some reaching here based on pure dislike that's coming through as something other than logic.

What evidence is there that she only cares about the bottom line?

And further - THE ONLY REASON SEATTLE BECAME A TOP VALUED FRANCHISE IS BECAUSE THEY BECAME SUCCESSFUL.

WE ARENT THE COWBOYS. You have a year or two of sub 500 play or continued medicocrity and the value of this frachise will go right back to where it was before we had Mike and Pete... a laughing stock, 'seahags', 'Seagulls' posterchild for NFL pergatory.

Shes smart, she knows that.

Based on the fact that she ignores the biggest issue and that's Pete Carroll. If you want logic, an invested owner would have recognized the issues years ago. A competent owner wouldn't tolerate a defense this bad with the money and draft capital thrown at it for the past few years. And why does it take a couple of years of sub .500 play? You would think a couple of years of hovering around the .500 mark should be enough right. How about addressing the fact that the stadium is constantly filled with the opposing teams fans instead of the home fans because nobody wants to bother watching their team play such ugly football anymore?

Yeah, she's smart. She's just not a good NFL owner.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Again, so on what other grounds are you basing your belief that she's not passionate or engaged enough, other than she hasn't raised the 12th man flag or been seen on the sidelines?

BTW:

And Paul had reason to be on the sideline. I don't remember him hugging anyone in Pete's first 2 years.

And sure, Paul lured Holmgren by giving him full control. He then replaced him with Jim Mora Jr. So let's not pretend he was some engaged, informed football mind because most everyone saw that hire as a slow motion train wreck the moment it was announced. Stupidest hire since D Erickson.

Usually you see owners on the field hugging players when the team is successful or accomplished something. We've been the definition of average for 3 years.

Fair enough, but I still don't feel the engagement and passion like Paul. Which maybe that's on me for unrealistic expecations.

But you'll never convince me if Paul was still alive he'd be putting up with the mediocrity and lack of results these past 3-4 years. Especially after the two biggest drafts in arguably franchise history. Young teams need new coaches with a 5-10 plan, not a 70 something year old coach who's desperately trying to piecemeal another SB contender because he knows he doesn't have 5-10 years, so he makes desperate trades like Adams, Williams, etc.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It does. A few us were talking about it during the game. Something just looks different overall with him. It's hard to explain. He looks like he's finally losing a passion for the game. Or is just sick of it all. Probably wrong, but all of us felt the same way watching him.

And as far as what Sarge is saying, totally on point. Paul Allen absolutely would have fired Pete by now. I have little to no doubt about that.

flv2

Reaction score
The Pete Carroll conundrum. Clearly there needs to be change. Will he get a moustache, will he get a mullet, or will he put pineapple on his pizza?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
The Pete Carroll conundrum. Clearly there needs to be change. Will he get a moustache, will he get a mullet, or will he put pineapple on his pizza?
I’m not too bothered by pineapple on pizza. I don’t like it but I don’t hate it.

I see why people hate it and I see why people love it….

KamBam31

Reaction score
It doesn’t make any sense to keep Pete Carroll who has 1 year remaining on his contract, with a second year option.
Especially when he needs to replace at the very least the defensive coordinator.
It would make more sense to get rid of the Head Coach and start over with a new coaching staff.
I know it won’t happen, as Jody Allen doesn’t have the gull to fire Pete Carroll.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Well, if this is an “inappropriate” question right after the game, there must not be a time to ever ask a question “like” this cause there would never be an “good” time to do so.

I guess that means Seattle media continues to be fed bullshit and somehow its “beneficial” to them.

But, I will agree with you one thing, journalists are almost always NOT fans of the team and fans of the team probably wouldn’t make good journalist.

But then it begs the question, what makes a “good” journalist if the product and writings they put out also does not have an audience that believes what they write, cause all they write is what the coach want readers to “believe.”
That press conference right there is why it's not appropriate to try to throw daggers in a post-game presser. These are human beings that need to have longstanding working relationships, and there was a lot of mutual respect there.

Pete got a standing ovation leaving that podium for the last time. The media loves the guy, and that's a good thing for the team. Some idiot journalist throwing molotovs doesn't do anything.