What's our record this year had Lock started every game?

How many wins do we have if Lock had started every game?

• Less than 2

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • 3 to 4

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • 5-6

Votes: 31 44.9%

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • 8 or more

Votes: 8 11.6%

• Total voters

Ozzy

Reaction score
Lock would commit more turnovers. We'd probably be 4-9 or 5-8 with him as the starter.

I think Geno gives you a better chance to win because he's not going to force as many throws.

Lock easily could have had 2-3 more interceptions last week. That's just who he's always been. Good arm. Can make some really great throws. But his decision making at times is really poor. More so than Geno.
Maybe but Geno has a ton of turnovers too and a lot of throws that should've been turnovers too. I don't think either are great in this regard. Geno has had multiple games too where he could've had 4 picks.

knownone

Reaction score
how is it obsurd? It was a bruised tricep and Lock got zero time practicing with the ones and was thrown in last minute. It's not like he had an ideal situation either. absurd is a little strong lol
The idea that Lock's record would be identical to Geno's because of how they both played in one game against the Niners is absurd. First, Geno was coming off an injury, with four days of preparation, without Lucas and Walker. In contrast, a healthy Drew Lock didn't get much practice time, but Seattle had ten days to prepare and was significantly healthier with Lucas and Walker back. Second, Geno's performance scored a full SD higher than Lock's in PFF. Third, it's one game.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I really feel at the end of the day, both QBs are in the 7 to 10 win window overall, so this nitpicking who would win more games IMO is a moot point. I fear we are moving into dark times again with this franchise. The Universe seeks balance and that certainly applies in the world of the NFL. Look no further than the 3-11 Patriots.

The Seahawks enjoyed immense success overall between 2012 and 2022. Perhaps, just perhaps we have to go through the muck again for awhile to get back to the next successful era.

knownone

Reaction score
It's not nitpicking, though. One guy was a top 10 QB last season in most metrics and is currently in the top 15. The other has one career start with the Seahawks. Pretending they are basically the same QB is not a nit. That's a significant flaw in the analysis.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It's not nitpicking, though. One guy was a top 10 QB last season in most metrics and is currently in the top 15. The other has one career start with the Seahawks. Pretending they are basically the same QB is not a nit. That's a significant flaw in the analysis.

I don't think they're the same QB, but I also don't think either one is a starting NFL QB.

So this question is moot for me. Neither QB is worth the conversation or comparison of who's better, or who = more wins. 5 wins, 6 wins, 7 wins? Who cares.

OP
OP
rjdriver

rjdriver

Reaction score
The Seahawks enjoyed immense success overall between 2012 and 2022. Perhaps, just perhaps we have to go through the muck again for awhile to get back to the next successful era.
And if you're right brother...

The sooner we leave the present era, the quicker we turn over the hour glass counting down to the next successful one.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
More to what the record would be than just the qb..in some games we coulda had Mahomes and still lost because of issues on defense. It's really tough to call what the record would be. That's Interstellar 5th dimension guessing...

Ozzy

Reaction score
He was top 10 least year but the second half of the year he wasn't at all so his first half inflates that metric. This year he's top 15 sure but we've also had a wild number of injuries at the position and its just a bad year all around. I don't think comparing games against a common opponent is a viable idea. Sure its a small sample size but its interesting and that opponnent being a top defense adds weight to it.

I'm not saying they're the same and I would argue Geno is better at least we have a much larger sample size to draw from. My gut tells me Lock would probably be pretty similar to the version of Geno we've seen this year. I think its a little silly to use first half of last year Geno as a part of the argument about who's better though.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
how is it obsurd? It was a bruised tricep and Lock got zero time practicing with the ones and was thrown in last minute. It's not like he had an ideal situation either. absurd is a little strong lol
LOL So you're saying that Lock isn't/wasn't prepared even with KNOWING that Geno had a bruised triceps and was a possible game day no-go? Yeah I ain't buying that, as a backup in that situation and you ain't rip-roaring-ready to take the reins?
And to add, having your Defense constantly imploding & playing from behind does not inspire a lot of confidence in your contribution to the game = lucky if you can just tread water, be it Geno OR Drew.

Last edited:

Hawknight

Reaction score
I don't think Lock can be honestly judged unless he had a full season under his belt. Geno's had his chance, did ok at times, mediocre at best. Do I think either one is the answer, I don't think so to be honest. We need new blood...not only with a QB, but with the entire coaching staff as well.

soxhawk

Reaction score
At the end of the day, we need a QB who's not afraid to use his legs and keep the defenses honest. If you are going with a pocket passer, he damn well better be a Herbert, Stafford, or Burrow.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I honestly think it'd be about the same.

I think you would have seen more commitment to the run game and having an actual identity. It would have been a larger priority throughtout the season. And I think that would come with more explosive plays.

We probably don't beat the Lions. But we probably also don't clutch defeat from the jaws of victory like in the second Rams game. For me, that was worst regular season loss in years.

Besides, outside of the Lions game, Seattle hasn't beaten a quality opponent. All of the other wins are against bad or very beat up teams.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If I'm being honest, I'm not high on either of them. I just think that the team has a better shot of finishing strong with Geno.

Ozzy

Reaction score
LOL So you're saying that Lock isn't/wasn't prepared even with KNOWING that Geno had a bruised triceps and was a possible game day no-go? Yeah I ain't buying that, as a backup in that situation and you ain't rip-roaring-ready to take the reins?
And to add, having your Defense constantly imploding & playing from behind does not inspire a lot of confidence in your contribution to the game = lucky if you can just tread water, be it Geno OR Drew.
who said that? I said he didn't have a ton of time under center with the ones which makes it a little tougher thats all. He played better against the Niners than Geno did and that's a fact. Does that mean he's better? No but i think its at least a part of the equation. I think Lock isn't as good as Geno is at this stage but could be at some point.

Ozzy

Reaction score
If I'm being honest, I'm not high on either of them. I just think that the team has a better shot of finishing strong with Geno.
That's where I'm at. Not thrilled either way but I'm hoping Geno goes tonight.