Was that Pete's last game in Seattle?

Was that Pete's last game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RiverDog

Reaction score
Not sure, but the guys they have suck.
The only thing firing our coordinators will do is give the players and the organization the sense that we don't have a plan, that Pete's desperate. If you think that Pete still has some tread left on his tires, the best thing to do would be to stay the course and keep plodding away.

GemCity

Reaction score
Who would replace him? I don’t know.

Is there a better coach available? I don’t know.

Could it get worse? I don’t know.

Should we just hire new coordinators? I don’t know.

Should Pete be “let go”. Yes. Absolutely…if only to see something different. Good or bad.

PC is an incredible guy. I’ve never seen someone his age with that amount of youthful exuberance. He brought a SB to Seattle and damn near ran it back. He put together a Top 5 (IMO) all-time NFL team. He’s easy to like. His pressers drive me nuts but….

I’ve heard that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results.

It’s time. It’s beyond time.

New staff. Lose the dead weight…trade up if you have to but for god’s sake, draft your QBotF…if JS wants a guy.

Roll the dice…

Fade

Reaction score
Judy is the problem.

I woke up this morning and it hit me like a ton of bricks.

Judy has a boner for Pete. She'll never force him out.

Don't be surprised if they talk extension in the next 12 months.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Judy is the problem.

Shit really must bother you if you wake up to it..might be time for a break...

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Why? Do you honestly expect different results?
My problem with this line of thinking is that things DID change from 2021. On offense they (mostly) changed for the better. On defense, they changed for the worse. But they didn't stay the same.

We aren't running a typical 'Pete ball' offense (though I sometimes think he tries to get us to at inopportune times) and we don't run Pete's traditional defense, either.

My thought experiment is this: If we had dumped Pete the same year we dumped Russ, and a new guy showed up, running this different offense and this different defense and had us on the verge of the playoffs both these past two seasons (making it in one of them), I'd be THRILLED with that result. Because that's not what usually happens.

As it is, it's pretty crazy to move on from our franchise QB to a perennial backup that nobody thought was going to start again and be in this position. That's not how that goes either. (See: New England)

Green Bay sure as crap isn't pissed with how their season is going the first year post-Rodgers.

I don't know. Do I want Pete back? Not sure. But it's still very weird how people went from being sure we were about to be one of the worst teams in the NFL when we replaced Russ with Geno Smith to being pissed about making the playoffs/nearly making the playoffs two years in a row. (While being the in the same division as probably the second-best team in the league.)

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
I’m going to start watching the draft from last season and pretend it’s 2024 - wait. The season before. Mix it up a bit. They’re all the same. Next year will be too.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Pete may not be the HC next season but I'm sure he'll still keep his EVP of Football Operations role and thus have a hand in picking his successor.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Judy is the problem.

Jody changed her name to Judy apparently lol.

I also agree. Pete gets a free pass.

NJlargent

Reaction score
I think he stays because Jody is looking for a babysitter. Hence the lazy 5 year extension years ago.

I don't care at this point. Doesn't matter what we do this off-season because the Niners are winning the division again next year and the Rams probably second. So we are battling for the 7th spot again next year and one and done.

Hurtt getting fired is irrelevant. Just smoke and mirrors.

NoGain

Reaction score
One thing's pretty certain. If Pete's out, it's not something that's going to drag on long. There's only a limited amount of time and coaching talent out there before it becomes a poor decision to do so.

seahawksteve

Reaction score
Pete is ultra conservative, but yet he goes for 2 pt conversion? Found that odd and unlike Pete to not play for OT