The Saints just shat....

IndyHawk

Reaction score
jlwaters1":xgligcgg said:
Hawk_Nation":xgligcgg said:
terrytogo":xgligcgg said:
We already played against Harvin 4 years ago in the NFC championship; that didn't work too well for him as he had a terrible game. Oh by the way, Sydney Rice was also in that game and Favre threw his last pick while trying to throw to him over the middle. (I know Rice is out this game, but I find it funny they're both on the same team once again)

Point is, Harvin isn't in football shape and one hard hit on that hip could possibly end his afternoon. Rob will have a great game plan just as he had in Philly. Their offense is much better than the hawks, and they have more dynamic players; they only gained around 250 yards the entire game.

I think you guys overestimate Harvin's importance in this game; he may actually hurt your offense by the coaches trying to design "special" plays for him to get the ball. This could impede the type of offense you ran the entire season, and possibly make running your offense more complicated than it should be. I, for one, would be worried about his ball security due to his lack of reps this year; he has a tendency to put the ball on the ground at times.

Anyhoo, here's to a great game with no excuses in the end.

This is about the funniest post I have read all week. The Vikings had a total of FIVE turnovers that game, and absolutely dominated the Saints in all categories the entire time. Take off your "we-aint-dat" glasses, its not 2009 anymore, and this game is in Seattle.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=300124018

Totally agree it it weren't for AP fumbling a couple of times and the Vikings kicking themselves in the nuts every other drive the Saints never make the Super Bowl. Infact, it was classic BAD Favre that sealed the win. How he throws that ball after all his experience, no one will ever know.
You forgot about the 10-15 monster late hits they were targeting@ Favre and the Zebras allowed it to happen..Anyway for today,I think you'll get some more Beast

TheWallE

Reaction score
Vetamur":1b9rjrez said:
TheWallE":1b9rjrez said:
Vetamur":1b9rjrez said:
Is there a reason you consider what you did against Philadelphia more representative of what your team will do against us than..what your team..um..did against us?

Because what we did against Philly we have actually done well several times this year. The Saints played good defense against a great offense. They can play good defense against a Seahawk offense that has been borderline bad since our game against you.

Seattle fans put way to much stock in single game results. Disregarding all the Saints did well in their 12 wins because of what they did poor in 1 loss. Thinking Percy Harvin is a true scary threat to either produce or be a big decoy because 1 game he played in the Seattle offense did well above their season average.

Is it single game results we are putting stock in? We did win 12 other games , more often than not the opponent scored 17 points or less. You make it sound like we are hanging out hat on one win. You didnt notice our other 12 wins? You didnt see us beat the Rams with far from our best game, a team that beat yours? We can play games with cherry picking stats all day but its rather funny to suggest a game against a terrible Eagles defense that you won by all of 2 points is far more relevant than the fact that you got blown out by 27 last time in our house.

I am not saying your excitment and pride in the team is determined by that 1 win... but the way the Saints chances are seemingly blown off based on that one win is what I point to.

Also the Saints D gave up 17 points or less more times than not too. Several times on the road, several times against teams with better offenses than Seattle.

Also:
its rather funny to suggest a game against a terrible Eagles defense that you won by all of 2 points

Or you could say we grinded out a win while we held one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL in check on the road in sub freezing weather. There is lots of reasons for the Saints to feel confident after that win. With how the Saints D played last week on the road in the cold the Seahawks probably don't score more than 20.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
TheWallE":1jyf9jhp said:
Vetamur":1jyf9jhp said:
TheWallE":1jyf9jhp said:
Vetamur":1jyf9jhp said:
Is there a reason you consider what you did against Philadelphia more representative of what your team will do against us than..what your team..um..did against us?

Because what we did against Philly we have actually done well several times this year. The Saints played good defense against a great offense. They can play good defense against a Seahawk offense that has been borderline bad since our game against you.

Seattle fans put way to much stock in single game results. Disregarding all the Saints did well in their 12 wins because of what they did poor in 1 loss. Thinking Percy Harvin is a true scary threat to either produce or be a big decoy because 1 game he played in the Seattle offense did well above their season average.

Is it single game results we are putting stock in? We did win 12 other games , more often than not the opponent scored 17 points or less. You make it sound like we are hanging out hat on one win. You didnt notice our other 12 wins? You didnt see us beat the Rams with far from our best game, a team that beat yours? We can play games with cherry picking stats all day but its rather funny to suggest a game against a terrible Eagles defense that you won by all of 2 points is far more relevant than the fact that you got blown out by 27 last time in our house.

I am not saying your excitment and pride in the team is determined by that 1 win... but the way the Saints chances are seemingly blown off based on that one win is what I point to.

Also the Saints D gave up 17 points or less more times than not too. Several times on the road, several times against teams with better offenses than Seattle.

Also:
its rather funny to suggest a game against a terrible Eagles defense that you won by all of 2 points

Or you could say we grinded out a win while we held one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL in check on the road in sub freezing weather. There is lots of reasons for the Saints to feel confident after that win. With how the Saints D played last week on the road in the cold the Seahawks probably don't score more than 20.

Which road games did you play against better offenses than Seattle and give up less than 17? Here are the list of road games where your D held the opposition under 17.

TB
Atlanta
Carolina

Which offense is better than Seattle's?

Seeker

Reaction score
nooooooo!!!!
don't give him facts bro!!!

TheWallE

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":6ey2l76e said:
Which road games did you play against better offenses than Seattle and give up less than 17? Here are the list of road games where your D held the opposition under 17.

TB
Atlanta
Carolina

Pardon the confusion, I meant they have heald teams to 17 or under on the road AND they have held better offenses to 17 or under... and from a basic stand point Seattle is ranked 17th on offense at the end of the year and the Falcons were ranked 13th.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawker84":32fw4egz said:
StorytellerMatt":32fw4egz said:
Bigpumpkin":32fw4egz said:
Damn...Percy looks anemic!! One solid hit from a 255 lb. LBer looks like it oughta break him in half!! No way can he play an entire game! He may be as fast as "greased lightning", but he is one skinny dude.

DeSean Jackson in Philly is pretty damned scrawny, and he pulls it off.

By the way, I'm new here, first post, so :2:

He's as big as Tate and bigger than Baldwin? I think he'll be just fine. Man we got some tiny recievers, damn.
Seemed to work for Marino well enough.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
TheWallE":2zlengqq said:
EverydayImRusselin":2zlengqq said:

TB
Atlanta
Carolina

Pardon the confusion, I meant they have heald teams to 17 or under on the road AND they have held better offenses to 17 or under... and from a basic stand point Seattle is ranked 17th on offense at the end of the year and the Falcons were ranked 13th.

THOSE ARE YOUR DIVISION OPPONENTS... Do you not understand football?

TheWallE

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":3qch8dgk said:
TheWallE":3qch8dgk said:
EverydayImRusselin":3qch8dgk said:

TB
Atlanta
Carolina

So nothing counts in divisional games? I can understand how you can use the divisional opponent as a caveat, but that hardly means it is meaningless.

Also you guys are missing the point. The Saints are a team that plays good defense and it has traveled in cold weather and rainy conditions.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
TheWallE":1y89hxmn said:
CallMeADawg":1y89hxmn said:
TheWallE":1y89hxmn said:
EverydayImRusselin":1y89hxmn said:

TB
Atlanta
Carolina

So nothing counts in divisional games? I can understand how you can use the divisional opponent as a caveat, but that hardly means it is meaningless.

Also you guys are missing the point. The Saints are a team that plays good defense and it has traveled in cold weather and rainy conditions.

You are one of those kinds eh?

Oh my.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Skinny is meaningless. He could have borderline muscle-eating-low body fat and be the best rec in the NFL--just like Jerry Rice.

irocdave

Reaction score
This thread seems to be heading to the smack forum...The Saints have a punchers chance, as did the Hawks the last time they played the Saints in the playoffs. We all know how that turned out. For the Saints fans posting in this thread, you think a couple of the Hawk posters are belligerent? Imagine all NFL fans thinking the same way and the media before your playoff game. I see a lot of similar thoughts being posted that are the same as what the media was saying about the Hawks. Poor road team, lots of injuries, hadn't beaten good teams etc.

The Saints have a chance in this game but if the Hawks do what they do they will win decisively.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
terrytogo":13adrqvz said:
We already played against Harvin 4 years ago in the NFC championship; that didn't work too well for him as he had a terrible game. Oh by the way, Sydney Rice was also in that game and Favre threw his last pick while trying to throw to him over the middle. (I know Rice is out this game, but I find it funny they're both on the same team once again)

Point is, Harvin isn't in football shape and one hard hit on that hip could possibly end his afternoon. Rob will have a great game plan just as he had in Philly. Their offense is much better than the hawks, and they have more dynamic players; they only gained around 250 yards the entire game.

I think you guys overestimate Harvin's importance in this game; he may actually hurt your offense by the coaches trying to design "special" plays for him to get the ball. This could impede the type of offense you ran the entire season, and possibly make running your offense more complicated than it should be. I, for one, would be worried about his ball security due to his lack of reps this year; he has a tendency to put the ball on the ground at times.

Anyhoo, here's to a great game with no excuses in the end.

The Saints keyed on Harvin and Rice but let Bernard Berrian and Vishante Shincoe run all over them as well as Adrian Peterson... besides the Vikings were a mediorce at best road team that year and Saints having great HFA and that game was played in the Superdome.

Now the Saints are the mediorce at best Road team, playing in a place with such a great HFA that in 2010 your 11-5 Saints lost to a 7-9 Seahawks team.

So it is you who underestimates the influence of Harvin as a WR and KR. 6 weeks ago the Saints couldn't stop Wilson + Baldwin, Miller, Tate and others. You expect your team that of an injury riddled secondary to miraclously be able to defend our receivers with a play-making juggernaut like Harvin added to the mix. Sorry.

And that he's not in football shape is a cheap argument, he's had less wear and tear thus far than any player who's played a full season, while rehabbing which usually makes your body stronger especially when you have to relearn movement. He may be rusty, and not involved in the full play-book but his athletic ability is still there, just watch him in the Vikings game.

He's an athletically graceful Golden Tate with an extra gear and he will make a considerable difference even if he doesn't get catches, other players will benefit from his presence.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
TheWallE":3bgdlhu6 said:
EverydayImRusselin":3bgdlhu6 said:

TB
Atlanta
Carolina

Total yardage ranking I see. How about points, where the Seahawks rank 8th right ahead of the offensive masterminds down in NO.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
TheWallE":2c4nl8nv said:
EverydayImRusselin":2c4nl8nv said:

TB
Atlanta
Carolina

Based on Total Yards, I assume?

Because Seahawks are ranked 8th in Points Scored and also have a top ten DVOA in offense as the Seahawks were the only team to finish in the top ten in O, D, and ST.

Seahawks also brought their B squad offense in several games and while it is just a theory, after the Saints game they went with a rather vanilla, conservative and predictable offense likely to reserve their play-book for when it counts i.e. the Post-Season.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Umm, you've played good defense and you've played in foul weather, but you haven't really played good defense in foul weather... unless you consider letting a gimmicky offense like philly hang 24 points on you is good defense...

tacomahawk

Reaction score
TheWallE":3edgc45u said:
Hawk_Nation":3edgc45u said:
TheWallE":3edgc45u said:
Hawk_Nation":3edgc45u said:
the "shock" factor that was there the first time will be completely gone this time around.

That's some funny S**t right there. In a way your probably right, Im sure the Saints will come in here expecting to get whooped, so there wont be any shock when it does happen.

You don't think the Saints will better suited to play the Seahawks having just played them recently?

The Seahawks are 1-2 in rematches this year and historically when as team has been blown out in the regular season and gets a shot at a rematch in the postseason the team who won the first game has a losing record in the rematch. To say nothing of the fact that #6 seeds are 5-2 in the divisional round since 2005.

I am not saying categorically this will happen to the Seahawks... but there is a lot of history that show cases games like these are far more up for grabs than Seahawks fans are expecting.

Also no Saint fan is 'shating' themselves over the return of Harvin. He played one game this year, and the last time he played the Saints in the playoffs it worked out well for us. He is good, maybe even great... but his impending return is met with a resounding 'meh' from our side.

We took your best shot this year when you had a Healthy defense, and the game was over in the second quarter.

So the only "meh" coming from your side will be on Saturday about 5pm pacific time when we are getting ready for a NFC championship game and you guys are flying home on your rust bucket plane. Maybe the Hawks would be nice enough to give the Saints some tickets to come watch us play?

25 times a team was blown out in the regular season and both teams met in the playoffs
25 times the fans of the team who did the blowing out assumed there was no shot for the other team to win
13 times those fans were wrong and watched as their team who had previously blown their opponent out lose the rematch

The point is historically these remtaches are never the same, and more times then not the loser of the first game got their revenge.

The Saints are a team with experience, talent, a top 5 offense, a top 5 defense, have 12 wins under their belt, and a better QB and Coach combo. They are very much capable of winning this game, even with the addition of Percy Harvin.

Wow so your saying that in these games, you essentially have a 50/50 chance of winning or losing? Those are ridiculously awesome stats!

Seriously this post is almost total horsecrap based on nothing but your opinion but we are supposed to take it as gospel. Are we confident, yes because we have earned the right. I would rather be confident than delusional.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The Seahawks average 26 points a game and Percy has to be worth 3 points himself. I see no team scoring 30 on us anywhere let alone at The Clink. Conversely we allow 14 points a game so 20-21 is likely your best scenerio. Which means worst case scenerio without Arizona silliness is around 24-20 Seattle.

amill87

Reaction score
Lets just say the Saints were missing sproles and just getting him back for this game. Would Saints fans be excepting him to make a difference and add to their offense? Of course they would.

Now take Sproles talent and double it. Maybe triple it. Than you would have Harvin.

Latest posts