Just STOP with the Quinn is Pete C 2.0!!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
All Quinn proved last night is that he has just as hard of a time as Pete at stopping a Shanahan style of offense.

Considering we have two extremely smart and talented Shanahan disciples in our division, I'll take a hard pass at Quinn.

Btw, no knock on Quinn, the entire league is having the same problem. But all that means is you don't hire a lesser Pete Carroll, you go get the best innovators at the college or pro level.

It's time to start playing chess, and stop playing checkers with antiquated coaches who may be good at their jobs, but can't keep up with the league's offensive changes and dynamics.

morgulon1

Reaction score
If they had some long history of working together and a reputation as best buds, maybe a case could be made, but in this case, it's a ludicrous assumption tons of our fanbase is making, and it's beyond stupid!

Seriously, a Dan Quinn run team will be completely different, other than we may have some of the same players. To just assume Dan will emulate Pete and nothing significant will change, is just a silly negative thinking thing, based on zero evidence, other than Quinn once worked under Pete. Well he has since worked under McCarthy, and what do you know, may have his own opinions and tendencies that differ from bother McCarthy and Carroll! I know, shocker huh!

I'm against DQ, because I want an offensive brilliant mind and no other reason really, that said I'm a wait and see guy on how will I react if Quinn is the hire. I won't be particularly excited by it, cuz he's a defensive guy, but, depending on the OC, well, maybe I could be...

Seriously, why do so many of you just automatically make the assumption that Dan Quinn = Pete Carroll 2.0?

Get off it, it's just a stupid take...
I'm not a fan of Dan Quinn because his defenses always seem to get lit up at the worst possible time.

Is that a "stupid take"?

There are a lot of different people on .NET , many with different views than mine . I try not to call anyone else's views stupid even though that might be exactly what I was thinking.

Go Hawks!!!

OP
OP
SeAhAwKeR4life

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Dan Quinn because his defenses always seem to get lit up at the worst possible time.

Is that a "stupid take"?

There are a lot of different people on .NET , many with different views than mine . I try not to call anyone else's views stupid even though that might be exactly what I was thinking.

Go Hawks!!!
I don't want Dan either. I just think it's stupid to assume a guy will be the same as another based on past association.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
All I know is DC led teams/defenses have had epic failures when it mattered most. SB 49 the defense suddenly gave up points to Brady at the end for him to take back the lead. Atl 23-8 choke job. Now look at this cowboys game, 43 points given up?
Pass.

12forlife

Reaction score
Is there a wall dividing them on the same floor?
No SA if you honestly think Quinn is on the same level as Pete you know something I don't know?
Pete has a winning record at college and pro level, won a Natty & SB. He is a first ballot HOF!!
Who the hell is Dan Quinn?

Wheetie

Reaction score
No SA if you honestly think Quinn is on the same level as Pete you know something I don't know?
Pete has a winning record at college and pro level, won a Natty & SB. He is a first ballot HOF!!
Who the hell is Dan Quinn?
The Defensive Coordinator for the Cowboys.

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
No to Quinn, he reminds me of a guy who is best suited to be a Coordinator not head coach.