The Saints just shat....

amill87

Reaction score
Also I gurantee there isn't a single Saints fan or player thinking harvin is meh. In fact, I would bet Ryan is thinking about harvin a lot right now

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
TheWallE":167ejpmo said:
CallMeADawg":167ejpmo said:
You are one of those kinds eh?

Oh my.

What kinds are you referring to?

The type that keep slinging poo hoping their false argument holds water with someone. Look over your posts and you'll see what I mean.

253hawk

Reaction score
"So Rob, what do you think about the buzz regarding Percy Harvin being healthy and having full practices this week, and what kind of game plan have you come up with to deal with him on the field?"

GVCY0Vz.gif

PryorFamily

Reaction score
Reasons why Saints fans believe they will win:

1) Because they "owe" the Hawks one.
2) Because they "feel like they can do it this time."
3) Because they will be more prepared mentally and physically
4) Because of statistics showing 6 seeds vs 1 seeds and rematch stats.
5) Because once you've played in the Clink, you won't suffer the "shock" of it the next time.

My response:

1) You can feel as though revenge is a right or deserved, you still must ACTULLY posses the means to enact that revenge.
2) You can wake up tomorrow and "hope" for what ever makes you happy. Reality doesn't dance to songs of hope.
3) You can watch film, plan, prepare, and finger paint the logos of a team that is faster, stronger, and more effective than you........ They will STILL BE FASTER, STRONGER, and MORE EFFECTIVE than you. I feel as though I could prepare to fight a UFC heavy weight fighter. Know his moves, know his mindset. I could put in the time to study him. I WOULD STILL GET KNOCKED THE EFF OUT.
4) If statistics of the past were capable of predicting the future: Wall street would be easy money. Statistics are simply a way of framing and understanding events and identifying patterns but in no way do they predict anything. Statistically, 13 people die annually from vending machines falling on them. Doesn't mean I get scared buying a Snickers.
5) Communication is a huge component of football. Communication is hampered by noise. The Clink is noisy. Communication is harder playing in the Clink. You can experience it and maybe "cope" better but science doesn't bend to people's experiences. I expect that fire will burn me cause fire has burned me before. In no way to I believe my knowledge of that fact and personal experience will enable me to be fire proof.

I think it will be a great game. But I think the Hawks will win because they are better at football. It's kinda simple honestly.

Crabhawk

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":21g5fg8h said:
Don't you mean no nonsense?
Based on the endless threads on Percy drama, Marshawn drama, coaching drama, etc I'm going to go out on a limb and say that "nonsense" was quite apropos :lol:

TheWallE

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":2je2rtl9 said:
TheWallE":2je2rtl9 said:
EverydayImRusselin":2je2rtl9 said:
Which road games did you play against better offenses than Seattle and give up less than 17? Here are the list of road games where your D held the opposition under 17.

TB
Atlanta
Carolina

Which offense is better than Seattle's?

Pardon the confusion, I meant they have heald teams to 17 or under on the road AND they have held better offenses to 17 or under... and from a basic stand point Seattle is ranked 17th on offense at the end of the year and the Falcons were ranked 13th.

Total yardage ranking I see. How about points, where the Seahawks rank 8th right ahead of the offensive masterminds down in NO.

Points? The Saints offense scored more points than the Seahawks offense. The 'Hawks also had 4 defensive TDs that are included in that total.

TheWallE

Reaction score
tacomahawk":2r3ykbaa said:
Wow so your saying that in these games, you essentially have a 50/50 chance of winning or losing? Those are ridiculously awesome stats!

Seriously this post is almost total horsecrap based on nothing but your opinion but we are supposed to take it as gospel. Are we confident, yes because we have earned the right. I would rather be confident than delusional.

How is this based on opinion? The only thing I stated that wasn't indisputable fact was that the Saints have a better QB and Coach combo... and you will find very few objective people that would disagree with that assessment.

The point of the 13-12 record I brought up is that the Blowout previously in the year historically means very little. Both teams go in with reasons to believe they can win.

You should be confident BTW, you are the 1 seed. But who is more delusional, me for thinking the Saints have a chance, or you for thinking that they don't?

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
TheWallE":19a4es07 said:
EverydayImRusselin":19a4es07 said:
TheWallE":19a4es07 said:
EverydayImRusselin":19a4es07 said:
Which road games did you play against better offenses than Seattle and give up less than 17? Here are the list of road games where your D held the opposition under 17.

TB
Atlanta
Carolina

Which offense is better than Seattle's?

Pardon the confusion, I meant they have heald teams to 17 or under on the road AND they have held better offenses to 17 or under... and from a basic stand point Seattle is ranked 17th on offense at the end of the year and the Falcons were ranked 13th.

Total yardage ranking I see. How about points, where the Seahawks rank 8th right ahead of the offensive masterminds down in NO.

Points? The Saints offense scored more points than the Seahawks offense. The 'Hawks also had 4 defensive TDs that are included in that total.

Again, flinging poo. The Seahawks TEAM (that is who you face) scored 3 more points than the NO Saints TEAM this year. You going to pull out Special Teams TD's too, or perhaps field goals? Anything to help you prove your inaccurate points eh?

Edit: Here let me give you an example of how relevant that is (not):

The Seahawks running game recorded more yards than the Saints running game. Therefore the Seahawks offense is much stronger than the Saints. The Saints had passing yards in their total (as did the Hawks, but the Saints had more, so I left those out) and those don't matter.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
terrytogo":3lxamzwy said:
CANHawk":3lxamzwy said:
terrytogo":3lxamzwy said:
CANHawk":3lxamzwy said:
TerryToGo is hilarious. One game where they barely scraped by a crappy Eagles team that stumbled drunkenly into the playoffs from the crap-tacular NFC Least and all of a sudden they bad. Kay Brah... Kool Story. More like TerryToGo...... back on his meds, cuz he's clearly having delusions.

Last time I checked, you still have the exact same indoor finesse offense that got their asses handed to them by our #1 ranked defense (ie. not the 29th ranked defense you played last week) and there's supposed to be a monsoon on Saturday. Good luck with your little timing routes and finesse stuff. Your big scary Rob Ryan defense that is apparently so bad ass got 300 hung on it by Russell just a few weeks ago in a game where he took his foot off the gas after halftime. In case you aren't a student of history, RW has a history of handing Rob Ryan his big fat ass. And THIS week, you're missing what... your entire starting secondary? But you're in here telling us we're going to lose because Percy Harvin isn't in game shape? Sucka please... First off, we don't even need Percy Harvin to dispatch your candy ass team and second; if he wasn't in a position to make a difference, he wouldn't be playing. That's how Coach Pete rolls homie. Our roster is so deep that we can't afford to waste an active roster spot on a decoy. You'll notice our 2nd round draft pick this year doesn't even dress, because there is THAT much talent ahead of him. Beleedat!

Here's facts brah... We rolled to THE BEST record in the NFL without Percy Harvin and largely without Sidney Rice, yet your entire argument stems from the fact you barely beat the Vikings (in overtime) in 2009. Do you have any concept of how stooooopid that sounds!? Did you say it out loud first before you typed it? SMH...

Nope you're wrong "brah"; my argument is that we will not allow Percy to beat us. I also never said that you were going to lose or that we have a "bad ass" defense. I'm simply hoping that my team wins just as you all are. My reason for visiting this website was to see what the educated hawks fans had to say, but after this reply by you I can clearly see you don't fall in that category.

Sure I do. I also fall into the category that talks a TON of shit and I have a bit of a rep for calling people out on spouting nonsense. sooooo..... yeah.

Your entire argument here was that you're not worried about us because you once shut down Harvin a hundered years ago. And apparently your definition of "shut down" equals 5 catches for 40 yards. Look, you say we overestimate Harvin's importance, but none of us are running around yelling we're going to win because of Percy Harvin. None of the sane ones anyway. He's just the cherry on top of what already amounts to a pretty wicked milkshake. Really, 3/4 of us wouldn't even bat an eye if we found out Percy wasn't going to play. Yet you seem to be hanging your entire argument on the fact that Percy once had a "less than stellar" day 5 years ago.

We already ate your lunch in front of you once, and I see no reason why we don't do it again. Really, all i see are reasons why we beat you up twice as bad next time...

Twice as bad, wow; I've heard it all now.

The reason I'm posting so much about Harvin in this thread is b/c that is what this thread was intended for.
The title suggests that the Saints are scared now that Percy is playing; all I'm saying is that they are not. On the contrary, a couple of Saints have come out and said that they were hoping to play here again to get a shot at redemption. It's been a while since a team has played in seattle twice in one year; the "shock" factor that was there the first time will be completely gone this time around.
SF played here twice in a 8 month span, and crapped the bed both times. IMO SF is a better team than the saints, especially on the road. All of the whiner trolls were saying the exact same thing you are...... "They'll know what to expect", "they'll figure out how to counteract that environment" blah blah blah.

SF scored a whopping three (count em 3) points on Kraeper's 2nd game here. A WORSE performance than the first one!

Like the first one, I have a feeling you are not going to see this curbstomping coming either.

TheWallE

Reaction score
PryorFamily":2au10q1i said:
Reasons why Saints fans believe they will win:

1) Because they "owe" the Hawks one.
2) Because they "feel like they can do it this time."
3) Because they will be more prepared mentally and physically
4) Because of statistics showing 6 seeds vs 1 seeds and rematch stats.
5) Because once you've played in the Clink, you won't suffer the "shock" of it the next time.

My response:

1) You can feel as though revenge is a right or deserved, you still must ACTULLY posses the means to enact that revenge.
2) You can wake up tomorrow and "hope" for what ever makes you happy. Reality doesn't dance to songs of hope.
3) You can watch film, plan, prepare, and finger paint the logos of a team that is faster, stronger, and more effective than you........ They will STILL BE FASTER, STRONGER, and MORE EFFECTIVE than you. I feel as though I could prepare to fight a UFC heavy weight fighter. Know his moves, know his mindset. I could put in the time to study him. I WOULD STILL GET KNOCKED THE EFF OUT.
4) If statistics of the past were capable of predicting the future: Wall street would be easy money. Statistics are simply a way of framing and understanding events and identifying patterns but in no way do they predict anything. Statistically, 13 people die annually from vending machines falling on them. Doesn't mean I get scared buying a Snickers.
5) Communication is a huge component of football. Communication is hampered by noise. The Clink is noisy. Communication is harder playing in the Clink. You can experience it and maybe "cope" better but science doesn't bend to people's experiences. I expect that fire will burn me cause fire has burned me before. In no way to I believe my knowledge of that fact and personal experience will enable me to be fire proof.

I think it will be a great game. But I think the Hawks will win because they are better at football. It's kinda simple honestly.

OOOh this is great, allow me to add some color from the other perspective.

My Response to Your Response:

1) The Saints have won 12 games this year, they are historically under Sean Payton very good on the road (check the actual records folks) and he is one of the most well regarded coaches in the NFL. He also has only been beaten twice by the same team in a year two times, both times coming in the first three years of his career. The Saints have ample reason to believe they have the means to win this game.

2) Historically in situations like these a second blowout is actually very rare. So it is very safe to assume the Saints will be 'in' this game. Being 'in' the game is all you need to feel you can walk away with a win.

3) You cannot look a single game and say categorically the Seahawks are Faster, Stronger and More Effective. All year both teams were among the best in the NFC, and while the Saints slipped a little in the end, it doesn't take away what they are and frankly what they have been for the last half decade. The Seahawks had dominating wins over San Fransisco and Arizona this year too, neither of those rematches resulted in similar domination.

4) Statistics do provide context. They also can help you understand trends. Historically regular season blowouts do not translate to postseason blowouts in the rematch. In fact more times than not the rematch goes the other way. Thats not a cherry picked stat either, thats all time. Stats are no where near be all end all, but as trends they absolutely provide value.

5) I agree with you on this one. Loud is loud and there is no 'getting over' the shock.

Now I will add a few reasons I personally think the Saints have a fair shot at winning:

6) While there is no getting over the "shock" of all you rowdy 12s, there is truth to the concept that having played Seattle once already could work in New Orleans favor. This season the Seahawks are 1-2 in rematches (including the home loss to the Cardinals a team that you beat soundly earlier in the year). As mentioned before there is also an historical precedent that says rematches of this nature are much more of a coin toss than would seem, and that also Sean Payton has only lost twice to a team in the same season twice in 22 potential attempts. This indicates to me that there is a fair chance that Sean Payton can make adjustments and that the Seahawks are not impervious to them.

7) Seattle didn't exactly go into the playoffs on fire. They had a commanding lead for their division and the 1 seed with 4 full games remaining. In the end they came down to needing to win in the very last week to avoid tumbling all the way down to the 5 seed. The Saints conversely also slipped but failed to win that one game against the Rams to avoid the loss of a division crown. To me the fact that both teams were one win or loss to St. Louis away from losing their division showcases how tight the gap is between these (and truthfully all remaining NFC teams) are this season. The point of this is to highlight that this is not some skimp in wild card team in New Orleans, this is a highly talented team that that has played well on both sides of the ball all season. In the NFL that is more than enough to hold a strong hope that you can win any given week.

8 ) New Orleans has more experience in this environment. Divisional round, NFC Championship on the line, this is the fourth such time Brees and Payton have been to this level (2-1, and the played brilliant in the 1 loss) where as the Seahawks in this era are here for just the second time (0-1). Now please do not mistake my bringing this up for me not understanding the context of each team's path. The point I am making is that the Saints from the top down are bringing more playoff experience to this game, and that always gives edge, even if it is not huge, an edge none the less.

TheWallE

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":204zkz2f said:
Again, flinging poo. The Seahawks TEAM (that is who you face) scored 3 more points than the NO Saints TEAM this year. You going to pull out Special Teams TD's too, or perhaps field goals? Anything to help you prove your inaccurate points eh?

The Seahawks running game recorded more yards than the Saints running game. Therefore the Seahawks offense is much stronger than the Saints. The Saints had passing yards in their total (as did the Hawks, but the Saints had more, so I left those out) and those don't matter.

Flinging poo? You mentioned how the Seahawks scored more points than the offensive 'masterminds' in New Orleans. I was showcasing that offensively the Saints have score more points than the Seahawks offense. Hardly poo.

It is funny that I am trying to engage in reasonable debate and you keep taking elements of what I am saying and trying to throw it into my face as opposed to actually engaging in conversation.

Either you are one of the fans who delusionally thinks the Saints have no shot, or you are probably worried about this game on some level.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
You know who the last 2 #1 seeds are to take advantage of HFA are? The 2005 Seattle Seahawks and your own 2008 NO Saints. Based on that, if positions were switched I'd say NO wins because its at their house and they're very good at their house, but, sadly for the bag-head-who-dat-stolen-phrase nation, this contest will in fact be IN Seattle, where neither Sean Payton nor Rob Ryan has ever beaten Pete Carroll. NEVER.

*edit* I put Rex instead of Rob because both of those slovenly mistakes of Buddy Ryan are indistinguishable in my brain sometimes

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
TheWallE":3vazm2l3 said:
CallMeADawg":3vazm2l3 said:

Flinging poo? You mentioned how the Seahawks scored more points than the offensive 'masterminds' in New Orleans. I was showcasing that offensively the Saints have score more points than the Seahawks offense. Hardly poo.

It is funny that I am trying to engage in reasonable debate and you keep taking elements of what I am saying and trying to throw it into my face as opposed to actually engaging in conversation.

Either you are one of the fans who delusionally thinks the Saints have no shot, or you are probably worried about this game on some level.

That is engaging in reasonable debate with elements taken out of it? That is what I read, did I miss something?

I believe the Saints have a shot. They have a 50% chance of winning this game. I know stats, bruh.

I am not worried at all. I trust in my football team, and I do not need to resort to twisted data in some meager attempt to make me feel better. At this point I cannot say the same about you, but perhaps I missed a post you made that got drowned out in the other responses.

TheWallE

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":oronkk41 said:
TheWallE":oronkk41 said:
CallMeADawg":oronkk41 said:

That is engaging in reasonable debate with elements taken out of it? That is what I read, did I miss something?

I believe the Saints have a shot. They have a 50% chance of winning this game. I know stats, bruh.

I am not worried at all. I trust in my football team, and I do not need to resort to twisted data in some meager attempt to make me feel better. At this point I cannot say the same about you, but perhaps I missed a post you made that got drowned out in the other responses.

You mentioned the Seahawks scoring more points than the offensive masterminds in new orleans... The offensive masterminds in new orleans score more offensive points than the Seattle seahawks... it was a direct response to what you said

TheWallE

Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187":3brkdp4q said:
You know who the last 2 #1 seeds are to take advantage of HFA are? The 2005 Seattle Seahawks and your own 2008 NO Saints. Based on that, if positions were switched I'd say NO wins because its at their house and they're very good at their house, but, sadly for the bag-head-who-dat-stolen-phrase nation, this contest will in fact be IN Seattle, where neither Sean Payton nor Rob Ryan has ever beaten Pete Carroll. NEVER.

*edit* I put Rex instead of Rob because both of those slovenly mistakes of Buddy Ryan are indistinguishable in my brain sometimes

2009 Saints, but your point is valid none the less.

Yes if the situation was reversed the Saints would be favored. Also if the situation was reversed you probably would be saying the same things we have been saying. Kind of a fair indicator that this match is closer than many of you are giving it credit for...

Also what is this nonsense about stolen phrases?

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
TheWallE":3fkddz2c said:
CallMeADawg":3fkddz2c said:
TheWallE":3fkddz2c said:
CallMeADawg":3fkddz2c said:

You mentioned the Seahawks scoring more points than the offensive masterminds in new orleans... The offensive masterminds in new orleans score more offensive points than the Seattle seahawks... it was a direct response to what you said

I never said that. More poo.

Edit: Even if I did (which I didn't) the statement is actually correct. The Seahawks scored more points (note: Seahawks = team) than the offensive masterminds in NO. <- This statement is not false. 3 more points in fact.

More poo.

Latest posts