The Saints just shat....

Ozzy

Reaction score
He isn't in game shape? What does everyone do the first game of the year? I have never understood that argument. regardless he wasn't in "GAME SHAPE" for the Minnesota game and made a huge impact with his limited touches. Is he going to play every snap? Probably not. Is he going to be a huge headache and play well when he does? Yes.

Keep saying Harvin sucks and he won't make a difference. I heard Saints fans tell me over and over on the Blackandgold forum about Russell Wilson and he dropped 300 on you guys and crushed you.

terrytogo

Reaction score
austinslater25":3bohi1sx said:
He isn't in game shape? What does everyone do the first game of the year? I have never understood that argument. regardless he wasn't in "GAME SHAPE" for the Minnesota game and made a huge impact with his limited touches. Is he going to play every snap? Probably not. Is he going to be a huge headache and play well when he does? Yes.

Keep saying Harvin sucks and he won't make a difference. I heard Saints fans tell me over and over on the Blackandgold forum about Russell Wilson and he dropped 300 on you guys and crushed you.

Harvin doesn't suck; he's just only gained about 50 total yards this entire year. You can't expect him to have a typical "Percy Harvin" type game, it just will not happen. There is going to be some rust for him, especially timing between he and Wilson.

Look, real Saints fans know that Wilson is a great qb, he actually reminds us of Drew a little. (Aside from the running aspect) :)

Nobody on your team sucks and we will have to play our best game of the year to win, but I don't see Percy playing a huge factor in this game.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":bvxtya0o said:
terrytogo":bvxtya0o said:
We already played against Harvin 4 years ago in the NFC championship; that didn't work too well for him as he had a terrible game. Oh by the way, Sydney Rice was also in that game and Favre threw his last pick while trying to throw to him over the middle. (I know Rice is out this game, but I find it funny they're both on the same team once again)

Point is, Harvin isn't in football shape and one hard hit on that hip could possibly end his afternoon. Rob will have a great game plan just as he had in Philly. Their offense is much better than the hawks, and they have more dynamic players; they only gained around 250 yards the entire game.

I think you guys overestimate Harvin's importance in this game; he may actually hurt your offense by the coaches trying to design "special" plays for him to get the ball. This could impede the type of offense you ran the entire season, and possibly make running your offense more complicated than it should be. I, for one, would be worried about his ball security due to his lack of reps this year; he has a tendency to put the ball on the ground at times.

Anyhoo, here's to a great game with no excuses in the end.

This is about the funniest post I have read all week. The Vikings had a total of FIVE turnovers that game, and absolutely dominated the Saints in all categories the entire time. Take off your "we-aint-dat" glasses, its not 2009 anymore, and this game is in Seattle.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=300124018

Totally agree it it weren't for AP fumbling a couple of times and the Vikings kicking themselves in the nuts every other drive the Saints never make the Super Bowl. Infact, it was classic BAD Favre that sealed the win. How he throws that ball after all his experience, no one will ever know.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Harvin is just one of those players that changes the defensive equation entirely - dude just eats up pursuit angles.
I dont know how fast Deion was in his prime but Harvin is clearly that type of elite speedster that makes eveyone else look like they are just in slow motion.
Glad he is healthy, he is just another great name I hope is in the mix for what could be one of the most epic NFC title games ever.
My god think of the talent on that field?.....that overall list of talent easily rivals any of the pre-cap era powerhouse matchups.

CANHawk

Reaction score
TerryToGo is hilarious. One game where they barely scraped by a crappy Eagles team that stumbled drunkenly into the playoffs from the crap-tacular NFC Least and all of a sudden they bad. Kay Brah... Kool Story. More like TerryToGo...... back on his meds, cuz he's clearly having delusions.

Last time I checked, you still have the exact same indoor finesse offense that got their asses handed to them by our #1 ranked defense (ie. not the 29th ranked defense you played last week) and there's supposed to be a monsoon on Saturday. Good luck with your little timing routes and finesse stuff. Your big scary Rob Ryan defense that is apparently so bad ass got 300 hung on it by Russell just a few weeks ago in a game where he took his foot off the gas after halftime. In case you aren't a student of history, RW has a history of handing Rob Ryan his big fat ass. And THIS week, you're missing what... your entire starting secondary? But you're in here telling us we're going to lose because Percy Harvin isn't in game shape? Sucka please... First off, we don't even need Percy Harvin to dispatch your candy ass team and second; if he wasn't in a position to make a difference, he wouldn't be playing. That's how Coach Pete rolls homie. Our roster is so deep that we can't afford to waste an active roster spot on a decoy. You'll notice our 2nd round draft pick this year doesn't even dress, because there is THAT much talent ahead of him. Beleedat!

Here's facts brah... We rolled to THE BEST record in the NFL without Percy Harvin and largely without Sidney Rice, yet your entire argument stems from the fact you barely beat the Vikings (in overtime) in 2009. Do you have any concept of how stooooopid that sounds!? Did you say it out loud first before you typed it? SMH...

RussWILSON3

Reaction score
terrytogo":15kfb0zo said:
LawlessHawk":15kfb0zo said:
terrytogo":15kfb0zo said:
The point I'm making is Harvin isn't as ready as you may think. [And you're an expert on his readiness how?] Our defense isn't afraid of him [you know this as fact? They're painting Seahawks logos on their practice field...]; we've neutralized dynamic playmakers all year long [Hmmm, ok].

Rob Ryan does a great job [was Ryan the DC back in 2009 as per your first example?], and I fully expect a much better defensive performance [that's nice, we fully support your expectations.] than the first time around.

SMH... dude, just stop while your still behind...

It doesn't matter who our DC was the first time around, our head coach, lb coach, and d-line coach are the same; they know what to expect from Harvin.
Painting hawks logos on the field doesn't show trepidation, it's purely psychological.

I have a question for you and don't have to go back very far? Do you consider D. Jackson and McCoy playmakers? Because if you do, they were neutralized on their own field last Saturday.

Whether we consider Mccoy and D. Jackson playmakers or not is irrelevant for THIS game. Our defense is number 1 in pretty much all statistical categories that matter, except for run defense which was still ranked 7th at end the year.. We do not need to depend on the offense every game to get a win, like the Eagles.

The Saints strength is throwing the ball.. Even when everyone in the stadium knows they are throwing, they still do it .. (Just like the 'Hawks running game) What are we known for on defense? Besides being the most smash mouth, hard hitting, intimidating defense in the league? Our primary strength is PASS DEFENSE; LOB.Your strengths play to our strengths. But the same cannot be said for the Saints, as we have the number four ranked rushing attack in the league The Saints struggle to stop the run giving up over 111 yards rushing per game @ 136.8 yards per contest.

Additionally, Drew Brees is like NIGHT AND DAY at home, versus on the road. At his warm and cozy dome, while flopping to get every personal foul possible, his passer rating is an amazing 126.3. On the road a mediocre 84.8. To top it all off , your defense is not healthy or even close to being on the same level when healthy.

Good luck.

Add that to being at the CLINK, and everything that comes with that... Along with having a very inconsistent running game... It does not bode well for the Saints coming out of Seattle with a win.

seahawksny

Reaction score
drdiags":2q1ttqg3 said:
Percy looks down right skinny in that picture. He looked a little stout when he was with the Vikings. We will see how much a difference he makes if he plays. I am hopeful but guarded.

Ooops. Back to lurking.

I noticed his frame looked skinnier too. In Minnesota game as well

terrytogo

Reaction score
CANHawk":1zn5bby7 said:
TerryToGo is hilarious. One game where they barely scraped by a crappy Eagles team that stumbled drunkenly into the playoffs from the crap-tacular NFC Least and all of a sudden they bad. Kay Brah... Kool Story. More like TerryToGo...... back on his meds, cuz he's clearly having delusions.

Last time I checked, you still have the exact same indoor finesse offense that got their asses handed to them by our #1 ranked defense (ie. not the 29th ranked defense you played last week) and there's supposed to be a monsoon on Saturday. Good luck with your little timing routes and finesse stuff. Your big scary Rob Ryan defense that is apparently so bad ass got 300 hung on it by Russell just a few weeks ago in a game where he took his foot off the gas after halftime. In case you aren't a student of history, RW has a history of handing Rob Ryan his big fat ass. And THIS week, you're missing what... your entire starting secondary? But you're in here telling us we're going to lose because Percy Harvin isn't in game shape? Sucka please... First off, we don't even need Percy Harvin to dispatch your candy ass team and second; if he wasn't in a position to make a difference, he wouldn't be playing. That's how Coach Pete rolls homie. Our roster is so deep that we can't afford to waste an active roster spot on a decoy. You'll notice our 2nd round draft pick this year doesn't even dress, because there is THAT much talent ahead of him. Beleedat!

Here's facts brah... We rolled to THE BEST record in the NFL without Percy Harvin and largely without Sidney Rice, yet your entire argument stems from the fact you barely beat the Vikings (in overtime) in 2009. Do you have any concept of how stooooopid that sounds!? Did you say it out loud first before you typed it? SMH...

Nope you're wrong "brah"; my argument is that we will not allow Percy to beat us. I also never said that you were going to lose or that we have a "bad ass" defense. I'm simply hoping that my team wins just as you all are. My reason for visiting this website was to see what the educated hawks fans had to say, but after this reply by you I can clearly see you don't fall in that category.

CANHawk

Reaction score
terrytogo":14v94sx5 said:
CANHawk":14v94sx5 said:

Nope you're wrong "brah"; my argument is that we will not allow Percy to beat us. I also never said that you were going to lose or that we have a "bad ass" defense. I'm simply hoping that my team wins just as you all are. My reason for visiting this website was to see what the educated hawks fans had to say, but after this reply by you I can clearly see you don't fall in that category.

Sure I do. I also fall into the category that talks a TON of shit and I have a bit of a rep for calling people out on spouting nonsense. sooooo..... yeah.

Your entire argument here was that you're not worried about us because you once shut down Harvin a hundered years ago. And apparently your definition of "shut down" equals 5 catches for 40 yards. Look, you say we overestimate Harvin's importance, but none of us are running around yelling we're going to win because of Percy Harvin. None of the sane ones anyway. He's just the cherry on top of what already amounts to a pretty wicked milkshake. Really, 3/4 of us wouldn't even bat an eye if we found out Percy wasn't going to play. Yet you seem to be hanging your entire argument on the fact that Percy once had a "less than stellar" day 5 years ago.

We already ate your lunch in front of you once, and I see no reason why we don't do it again. Really, all i see are reasons why we beat you up twice as bad next time...

Hawks46

Reaction score
You're seeing a lot of excitement on this site about Harvin. It's not because we're hinging our game plan on him, or we're pinning our post season hopes on his return.

We're excited because of the EXTRA explosiveness he brings. He's touched the ball twice this year. To be a smartass, he's averaging 17 yards per catch and 68 yards per kick off return. Elite !

Seriously, that catch was on 3rd down and extended a drive. Both his catch and the kickoff return resulting in points at the end of those drives, I believe. That's what he can do, in limited reps. That's why we're stoked.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":lfo9y4rq said:
You're seeing a lot of excitement on this site about Harvin. It's not because we're hinging our game plan on him, or we're pinning our post season hopes on his return.

We're excited because of the EXTRA explosiveness he brings. He's touched the ball twice this year. To be a smartass, he's averaging 17 yards per catch and 68 yards per kick off return. Elite !

Seriously, that catch was on 3rd down and extended a drive. Both his catch and the kickoff return resulting in points at the end of those drives, I believe. That's what he can do, in limited reps. That's why we're stoked.

And it wasn't just a catch either, it was a diving, reaching, falling, fancy fingers kinda catch too. dude has mad game.

Yeah, Harvin isn't the reason we're going to win, but getting him is like adding a big bottle of NOS to an already jacked up hot rod. He's the difference between just beating teams and flat out embarassing them...

terrytogo

Reaction score
CANHawk":246g04k9 said:
terrytogo":246g04k9 said:
CANHawk":246g04k9 said:

Sure I do. I also fall into the category that talks a TON of shit and I have a bit of a rep for calling people out on spouting nonsense. sooooo..... yeah.

Your entire argument here was that you're not worried about us because you once shut down Harvin a hundered years ago. And apparently your definition of "shut down" equals 5 catches for 40 yards. Look, you say we overestimate Harvin's importance, but none of us are running around yelling we're going to win because of Percy Harvin. None of the sane ones anyway. He's just the cherry on top of what already amounts to a pretty wicked milkshake. Really, 3/4 of us wouldn't even bat an eye if we found out Percy wasn't going to play. Yet you seem to be hanging your entire argument on the fact that Percy once had a "less than stellar" day 5 years ago.

We already ate your lunch in front of you once, and I see no reason why we don't do it again. Really, all i see are reasons why we beat you up twice as bad next time...

Twice as bad, wow; I've heard it all now.

The reason I'm posting so much about Harvin in this thread is b/c that is what this thread was intended for.
The title suggests that the Saints are scared now that Percy is playing; all I'm saying is that they are not. On the contrary, a couple of Saints have come out and said that they were hoping to play here again to get a shot at redemption. It's been a while since a team has played in seattle twice in one year; the "shock" factor that was there the first time will be completely gone this time around.

2_0_6

Reaction score
[/quote]
the "shock" factor that was there the first time will be completely gone this time around.[/quote]

That's some funny S**t right there. In a way your probably right, Im sure the Saints will come in here expecting to get whooped, so there wont be any shock when it does happen.

TheWallE

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":27g4pfh2 said:
the "shock" factor that was there the first time will be completely gone this time around.

That's some funny S**t right there. In a way your probably right, Im sure the Saints will come in here expecting to get whooped, so there wont be any shock when it does happen.

You don't think the Saints will better suited to play the Seahawks having just played them recently?

The Seahawks are 1-2 in rematches this year and historically when as team has been blown out in the regular season and gets a shot at a rematch in the postseason the team who won the first game has a losing record in the rematch. To say nothing of the fact that #6 seeds are 5-2 in the divisional round since 2005.

I am not saying categorically this will happen to the Seahawks... but there is a lot of history that show cases games like these are far more up for grabs than Seahawks fans are expecting.

Also no Saint fan is 'shating' themselves over the return of Harvin. He played one game this year, and the last time he played the Saints in the playoffs it worked out well for us. He is good, maybe even great... but his impending return is met with a resounding 'meh' from our side.

hawker84

Reaction score
terrytogo":1hewdwi3 said:
Hawk_Nation":1hewdwi3 said:
terrytogo":1hewdwi3 said:
We already played against Harvin 4 years ago in the NFC championship; that didn't work too well for him as he had a terrible game. Oh by the way, Sydney Rice was also in that game and Favre threw his last pick while trying to throw to him over the middle. (I know Rice is out this game, but I find it funny they're both on the same team once again)

Point is, Harvin isn't in football shape and one hard hit on that hip could possibly end his afternoon. Rob will have a great game plan just as he had in Philly. Their offense is much better than the hawks, and they have more dynamic players; they only gained around 250 yards the entire game.

I think you guys overestimate Harvin's importance in this game; he may actually hurt your offense by the coaches trying to design "special" plays for him to get the ball. This could impede the type of offense you ran the entire season, and possibly make running your offense more complicated than it should be. I, for one, would be worried about his ball security due to his lack of reps this year; he has a tendency to put the ball on the ground at times.

Anyhoo, here's to a great game with no excuses in the end.

This is about the funniest post I have read all week. The Vikings had a total of FIVE turnovers that game, and absolutely dominated the Saints in all categories the entire time. Take off your "we-aint-dat" glasses, its not 2009 anymore, and this game is in Seattle.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=300124018

The point I'm making is Harvin isn't as ready as you may think. Our defense isn't afraid of him; we've neutralized dynamic playmakers all year long.

Rob Ryan does a great job, and I fully expect a much better defensive performance than the first time around.

Only problem is your defense wasn't ready for our offense without Harvin, now all of a sudden you're D is not scared and they're ready for our offense with him in there? what a transformation, that's some damn good coaching right there. Maybe the whole earplug, play sign, logo on the field thing actually works too.?

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I'm reserving any excitement until I see him run out on the field in uniform during an actual play.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
terrytogo":2viwcf1h said:
CANHawk":2viwcf1h said:
terrytogo":2viwcf1h said:
CANHawk":2viwcf1h said:

Twice as bad, wow; I've heard it all now.

The reason I'm posting so much about Harvin in this thread is b/c that is what this thread was intended for.
The title suggests that the Saints are scared now that Percy is playing; all I'm saying is that they are not. On the contrary, a couple of Saints have come out and said that they were hoping to play here again to get a shot at redemption. It's been a while since a team has played in seattle twice in one year; the "shock" factor that was there the first time will be completely gone this time around.

Take your Saints colored glasses off for just a second. Ok, are they off? No? Let me help you.

You cannot have your cake and eat it too in the NFL. What I mean by that is that you will not come to Seattle and take away Russell Wilson's mobility and explosiveness downfield, Marshawn Lynch and the Seattle run game, AND a healthy Percy Harvin. This is not the Vikings, and it seems to be difficult for you to understand that. Likewise, you cannot just assume "We are the Saints, we did this shit before" will be enough to make the magic I outlined earlier a reality for your team.

Can you guys win the game? Of course you can. It wont be easy and you sure as hell will not do it by magically erasing the entire Seattle offense. You do not have the personnel to do that. While the SHOCK of playing in CLink will not be an issue. The REALITY of it will remain the same. Just ask Colin Kaepernick. He has to play up here every year while he remains at the helm of the 49ers, the "shock" is long gone, yet as I outlined, the REALITY of playing here remains true.

We (the fans) will be in your QB's head, your coaches head, and giving our defense a step on your guys. Its going to be windy and rainy out there, and go ahead and have a look at how the 49ers fared in the wind and rain this year, and last year, at the cozy confines of CLink.

Good luck.