The Hell With All Of You!

morgulon1

Reaction score
Kudos, Aros, for not being afraid to turn the game off. I am in the same boat. I can't live and die by the success of the Seahawks under Pete any more, because it is an avalanche of disappointment. Or, just enough to keep you thinking something new and exciting is going to happen, when it hasn't for, well, almost 10 years now. The thing about purgatory is that you never know when it's going to end. Thus, the Pete experience 2023. He can pace up and down the sidelines smacking his gum and do the old "hands on the thighs" move to the delight of the broadcasters all he likes. Nothing will change.
Haha good one.

That stupid look on 70 year old Uncle Ricos face tho 🤣

White Devil

Reaction score
It was a bad game from the kickoff. Defense started out looking slow, and non-physical. Can't do that against the Niners.

The young guys need to learn if you want to be bullies on Defense, you have to bring from play 1, every single game. Because the other bullies out there are gonna smack you in the mouth if you're not awake.

If Geno had no reps, and Lock worked with the ones all week, I would have gone to Lock after the 2nd drive. Geno had no zip on the ball. I could see it, so I know the Niners saw it, but for some reason the Hawks didn't see it.

I imagine it's something to do with his contract, I get it, he's tough and can take a beating but take a seat. Heal up.

This is why it's hard to go off on Waldron for me, I think the plays were there, Geno didn't make them.

If a 70% Geno is that much better than a 100% Lock, then we have much bigger issues.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
If that’s the case then what you missed was Geno being peak terrible coupled with Shane dialing up deep bombs and other misc passes unsuccessfully forcing DK into the game.

Never mind that their pro bowl caliber player hufonga just got season ending injury last week and we could have attacked there. No Shane decided to go at their best player left in the secondary for an entire half.
I didn't watch enough of the game - but if we didn't attack at the hufonga spot - then we're retarded.

It's literally the first thing I would have done. And repeated if/when successfull.

SMH.

LTH

Reaction score
And that's the problem.

You chastise people for "wrong think." trying to police the internet, And then ho-hum, Pete's fired? On to the next one. Where is the conviction? Is there a lesson learned at all at the very least?

Fix it schematically? What team have you been watching the last 14 years?

They aren't changing anything. They are going to do what they do. It's Pete's philosophy to play a certain way. Regardless of opponent. Regardless of QB, or coordinators. It's the same, with a little window dressing. Like rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic.
I don't care how you think...I just want to have a decent conversation about football something other than fire everybody...

You don't have to worry about me because I'm moving on ive found a different venue to talk about football. I'll still check in from time to time but you have officially chased me off with your hate rhetoric...

So now you can have the board and you and your minions can hate all you want!

LTH

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I don't care how you think...I just want to have a decent conversation about football something other than fire everybody...

You don't have to worry about me because I'm moving on ive found a different venue to talk about football. I'll still check in from time to time but you have officially chased me off with your hate rhetoric...

So now you can have the board and you and your minions can hate all you want!

LTH
This place is a loss today. Worse than Reddit, which has it's share of fire people discussions but the level of post brigading here today from the fire Pete collective is getting beyond annoying and had approached offensive levels of bad.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Because for whatever reason, the Seahawks are terrible on third down on both sides of the ball. Hmm, what could that reason be? What is the consistent thread for lo so many years? It ain't Bobby Wagner.
I am sure multiple factors in this, but the best teams (KC, 49ers, Eagles) all have dominant offensive and defensive lines.

LTH

Reaction score
This place is a loss today. Worse than Reddit, which has it's share of fire people discussions but the level of post brigading here today from the fire Pete collective is getting beyond annoying and had approached offensive levels of bad.
Yep!

The season isn't over yet. Maybe it will turn out that the Hawks don't even make the play offs. Maybe Carroll will find a a way to fix the deficiencies the Hawks are currently facing.

But when it comes down to it I'm seahawk fan and I want this team to be successfull, I want to have indepth conversations about this team.

Can't do it here because people don't this team to be successful they just want somebody to blame and they just want to hate because they are miserable in there own lives. Ok... I get that... it's not my gig...

LTH

RiverDog

Reaction score
Just kidding.

I watched the first 5 or so minutes of the game and when I saw how the 9ers walked up and down the field with our D I was done. I love this new version of me. I smell the product for a few minutes and if I don’t like it I promptly put it back.

Didn’t watch a single second of the game after. Checked the score periodically on my phone. My daughter knows not to text me unless it’s good news and she didn’t text, lol.

I just watched the highlights on Gameday Final. So I see a pick 6, a great one handed catch by JSN and that was it. About cover it?

We have too much talent to be this bad. Is it really just coaching or am I missing the picture here?
I don't think we have all that much talent, or at least not in the right places. Our offensive line sucks. Just take a look at those PFF rankings I posted earlier. We pump resources into WR's, RB's, and safeties, but not near enough to the big uglies. We lose games up front in the trenches.

I'm not nearly as emotionally connected with this team as I was with the LOB. I sometimes find myself hoping that we finish the season 3-14 so it would give our ownership a cold slap in the face like it did during the Mora year and motivate them to blow this thing up. But instead, we tolerate this perpetual mediocrity, too good to blow the team up but not good enough to compete for a championship.

I have to force myself to be positive, understand that anything can and does happen, that sometimes you can catch lightning in a bottle.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I don't think we have all that much talent, or at least not in the right places. Our offensive line sucks. Just take a look at those PFF rankings I posted earlier. We pump resources into WR's, RB's, and safeties, but not near enough to the big uglies. We lose games up front in the trenches.

I'm not nearly as emotionally connected with this team as I was with the LOB. I sometimes find myself hoping that we finish the season 3-14 so it would give our ownership a cold slap in the face like it did during the Mora year and motivate them to blow this thing up. But instead, we tolerate this perpetual mediocrity, too good to blow the team up but not good enough to compete for a championship.

I have to force myself to be positive, understand that anything can and does happen, that sometimes you can catch lightning in a bottle.
Um, my Bears just went 3-14. I don’t recommend it. Seahawks have been adding good players the last couple years. Just need more. Steady as she goes works best.

mrblitz

Reaction score
I
I know our friggin zones suck! I swear our whole defense was flying to the right like the tide while the niners giggled as they jogged to the left
yeah it looked like big holes in the zones... very unprofessional... don't know if it's assignment incorrect on the part of the players, or by design/scheme... but they might as well just chase the receivers around in man coverage...

RiverDog

Reaction score
Um, my Bears just went 3-14. I don’t recommend it. Seahawks have been adding good players the last couple years. Just need more. Steady as she goes works best.
There's always that chance that we could become the west coast version of the Detroit Lions. But I'm absolutely willing to take that chance.

GemCity

Reaction score
JSN should be a focal point of the offense and probably a primary read much more frequently than Metcalf or Lockett
I hope we haven’t soured him. He’s capable of being a number 1.

GemCity

Reaction score
yeah it looked like big holes in the zones... very unprofessional... don't know if it's assignment incorrect on the part of the players, or by design/scheme... but they might as well just chase the receivers around in man coverage...
Bobby is slowing down but, the zones make it look worse.
Agreed that we’d look better in man. JA would have to come off but at least Riq wouldn’t look like a junior high tackler.

acctingman

Reaction score
Yep!

The season isn't over yet. Maybe it will turn out that the Hawks don't even make the play offs. Maybe Carroll will find a a way to fix the deficiencies the Hawks are currently facing.

But when it comes down to it I'm seahawk fan and I want this team to be successfull, I want to have indepth conversations about this team.

Can't do it here because people don't this team to be successful they just want somebody to blame and they just want to hate because they are miserable in there own lives. Ok... I get that... it's not my gig...

LTH
Ok.....to fix this team to make them more successful (that's what we all want)

Fire everyone except JS.

There 😉

RiverDog

Reaction score
Ok.....to fix this team to make them more successful (that's what we all want)

Fire everyone except JS.

There 😉
I'm not quite there yet. We're still 6-5 with six games to play and there's always the chance that we could catch lightning in a bottle and go on a run. All I'm saying is that these perpetually mediocre teams isn't something that floats my boat. I want us to strive to be the best.

LTH

Reaction score
I'm not quite there yet. We're still 6-5 with six games to play and there's always the chance that we could catch lightning in a bottle and go on a run. All I'm saying is that these perpetually mediocre teams isn't something that floats my boat. I want us to strive to be the best.
I m not saying Seattle doesn't have issues because they.... do especially the way SF dominated that O line. But... this game was more a reflection on how good SF is rather than how bad Seattle is. SF is destroying everybody. This is a really well coached ball club with a crap load of talent.

LTH