Just rewatched Seattle vs

morgulon1

Reaction score
Washington Redskins wildcard game January 2013,

Damn , that was a great game . Fell behind 14-0 on the road against a pretty damn good team . The young core was in place and Mr Browner was a straight up gangster. The score was 13-14 into the 4th quarter .One of my favorite memories as a 12. It was interesting to see who they had still on the team at this point like Leroy Hill , Trufant, Sidney Rice .

I had a thought . Could the Seahawks have kept that team together without making any roster changes and won the Owl the following season? That was a solid team that just needed experience .

Thanks for your participation.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Def a great comeback win. I vividly remember Mike Rob getting a TD and doing the shhhh sign to the crowd. 24 unanswered points. And honestly, RGIII had no business playing in that game.

olyfan63

Reaction score
It's just really hard to argue with what the Seahawks did in the following (2013) season.
Sidney Rice was a medical retirement. Trufant was edged out by players that fit Carroll & Quinn's style better. Hill I don't recall, but maybe wasn't fast enough like speedy Darren Smith and WR-fast Bruce Irvin.

OP
OP
morgulon1

morgulon1

Reaction score
Def a great comeback win. I vividly remember Mike Rob getting a TD and doing the shhhh sign to the crowd. 24 unanswered points. And honestly, RGIII had no business playing in that game.
I had that picture of MRob as my wallpaper for months. The game within a game between Brandon Browner and Garcon was epic. Browner beat the hell out of dude.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Browner, Thomas, Wagner, Sherm, Kam, wow. Hard to believe now we had all those guys on the team at the same time. Of course, rookie qb contract and all. Good times.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
Was that the game where Lynch fumbled inside the 5 yard line? I might be misremembering. I did not think they were going to bring it back after that.

OP
OP
morgulon1

morgulon1

Reaction score
Was that the game where Lynch fumbled inside the 5 yard line? I might be misremembering. I did not think they were going to bring it back after that.
Yes . He did fumble at the goal line.

He also made one of the coolest plays I've ever seen when #3 rolled out left , fumbled and Lynch bent over in a sprint
And scooped it up and turned it into a 20-30 yard gain. That dude was a hoss

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Washington Redskins wildcard game January 2013,

Damn , that was a great game . Fell behind 14-0 on the road against a pretty damn good team . The young core was in place and Mr Browner was a straight up gangster. The score was 13-14 into the 4th quarter .One of my favorite memories as a 12. It was interesting to see who they had still on the team at this point like Leroy Hill , Trufant, Sidney Rice .

I had a thought . Could the Seahawks have kept that team together without making any roster changes and won the Owl the following season? That was a solid team that just needed experience .

Thanks for your participation.
I think that 2012 didn't have a great pass rush. IIRC it was talked about a lot after the Atlanta game where they couldn't get to Ryan to stop them from getting into FG range for game winner. Getting Avril and Bennett going into 2013 were 2 key moves that put that team over the top imo.

OP
OP
morgulon1

morgulon1

Reaction score
I think that 2012 didn't have a great pass rush. IIRC it was talked about a lot after the Atlanta game where they couldn't get to Ryan to stop them from getting into FG range for game winner. Getting Avril and Bennett going into 2013 were 2 key moves that put that team over the top imo.
Brilliant answer. That's what I was looking for. I didn't think of that. Bennett , Avril with Clemmons was the difference. Throw in Irvins 2nd season

Lennie

Reaction score
The thing I remember the most was how atrocious that field was. I thought my tv was f****d up.

OP
OP
morgulon1

morgulon1

Reaction score
The thing I remember the most was how atrocious that field was. I thought my tv was f****d up.
Yeah , NFL franchise worth billions and that's the best that piece of shit could do?
RGIII career was ruined .

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
Yeah , NFL franchise worth billions and that's the best that piece of shit could do?
RGIII career was ruined .

It's quite something, isn't it? There are certain fields throughout the league where players are way susceptible to extreme injuries compared to others and the league office seems to turn a blind eye.

OP
OP
morgulon1

morgulon1

Reaction score
Arrowhead stadium and their astro turf ended Curt Warner's career way too early.
IIRC Philadelphia had a horrible field back in the day.

A league that generates that kind of revenue and they can't make teams have state of art playing surface for the people playing?