Schneider to speak to media 11am PST today

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Asked how it would feel running all the facets of the organization and he unloaded with that

Tells me the guy definitely wasn't just being overruled by Pete constantly. This has been just as much his ship in terms of contribution, regardless of veto power.
He mentioned that, when Pete was here, there was a contractual limitation involved.

knownone

Reaction score
You said nothing about it inspired confidence. That, to me, sounds like you don't trust him. That's all.
I was talking about the press conference. Come on, man, I didn't say, "Nothing about John inspires confidence."

knownone

Reaction score
It seems like a few people in this thread would prefer a toastmasters graduate to be our gm.. John’s track record speaks for itself. I couldn’t give a rats ass how smooth he can recite a speech
No. I expect a team that just fired the best coach in the franchise's history to articulate its vision going forward. If that's not important to you, it is what it is.

Wheetie

Reaction score
No. I expect a team that just fired the best coach in the franchise's history to articulate its vision going forward. If that's not important to you, it is what it is.
Not to be argumentative, but the vision will be revealed when the new HC is revealed. Doing so before would tip any hand they may be holding.

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
I think he learned from Pete by not saying too much. He answered the questions the best way he could without giving away our plan. Also he seemed more serious in his demeanor. This is why I think some people assume he was nervous. Maybe we are so use to Pete's positive upbeat style. To me he handled it like a Gm . Good job JS.

xray

Reaction score
I wish he would of stood up to his 5'7" height...pound his fists on the podium and scream...." Pete was never my DADDY " :)

LTH

Reaction score
I think if they try and replicate Pete Carroll's culture it will be a miserable failure... you can't replicate Pet Carroll's culture with out Pete. You can use certain concepts but ultimately, people need to be who they are...so what does it mean to maintain a culture? I just don't think this is a plug and play thing. The next head coach is going to have to create his own culture or it's not going to work...I mean you don't just bring in a new coach and say do what Pete does... it doesn't work that way..

Just my take

LTH

Wheetie

Reaction score
I think if they try and replicate Pete Carroll's culture it will be a miserable failure... you can't replicate Pet Carroll's culture with out Pete. You can use certain concepts but ultimately, people need to be who they are...so what does it mean to maintain a culture? I just don't think this is a plug and play thing. The next head coach is going to have to create his own culture or it's not going to work...I mean you don't just bring in a new coach and say do what Pete does... it doesn't work that way..

Just my take

LTH
Respectfully LTH, I truly hope the new regime doesn't do it like Pete did. They need a whole lot more discipline and accountability than these past few years.

LTH

Reaction score
Respectfully LTH, I truly hope the new regime doesn't do it like Pete did. They need a whole lot more discipline and accountability than these past few years.
I know but they keep talking about keeping the same culture... what does that mean? Seems to me that's a bunch of mouth service... I think if you fire Pete then your saying what you are doing is NOT working because it's "stale" and then for Jodi Allen to give a directive to build off the same culture is an indication to me that she doesn't understand the premise of the culture to begin with. Unless I'm just not understanding it correctly... putting the x's and O's aside what Pete did and how he delt with players is what created the culture in the first place... it was Pete's vision of how an orgainization should be run. They are saying that it was Stale but now they want to build off it? That doesn't make since to me at all...

LTH

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The delivery is everything, which is why I included that caveat in my original post. I think John would have done a better job articulating his message in a less formal setting.

I didn't hear a coherent plan for the franchise moving forward. I learned about his history, how he views Seattle's culture, and what he looks for in the next coach. But very little about what he expects that future to look like. What does his vision of the team look like, and how does he intend to bring that vision to life? The messaging was muddled, maybe because John's not good in these settings. Either way, nothing about it inspired confidence in me.

Kinda hard to do this without a HC and staff yet.

But the vision seemed clear, improve in all areas and create a team and culture that can once again compete for divisions and SB's.

If you're asking for details, you're not going to get them on January 15th without even a head coach.

hugecanoli

Reaction score
John finally has his chance.

He deserves it and all we can do is hope he makes the most out of it in a positive way. Nothing we can do but trust him, but I think he’s earned that trust.

What I really want to know though is if he thinks we can win a game in the first, second or third quarter. If his mindset is YES than he had me at hello.

Playing it close all game to hope for a chance to kick a game winning FG as the clock runs out is getting old. I want someone who wants to kick another teams ass and try to blow them out of the building right from the first possession. Never take your foot off the gas all game long.

The old philosophy not only sucked, but took years off my life with all the close finishes. Pete loved playing it close for a dramatic finish. I think the dude actually loved going to OT. No more of that shit please. Kick ass from the opening kickoff.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

He deserves it and all we can do is hope he makes the most out of it in a positive way. Nothing we can do but trust him, but I think he’s earned that trust.

What I really want to know though is if he thinks we can win a game in the first, second or third quarter. If his mindset is YES than he had me at hello.

Playing it close all game to hope for a chance to kick a game winning FG as the clock runs out is getting old. I want someone who wants to kick another teams ass and try to blow them out of the building right from the first possession. Never take your foot off the gas all game long.

The old philosophy not only sucked, but took years off my life with all the close finishes. Pete loved playing it close for a dramatic finish. I think the dude actually loved going to OT. No more of that shit please. Kick ass from the opening kickoff.

View attachment 63624
I like the spirit, but this type of stuff isn't typical. No one just goes out and consistently beats the brakes off of every other team, other than for minor runs at a time.

Yes, the Seahawks had an... atypical flourish under Carroll. But we should be striving to finish above all else. That's just valid coaching.

You cannot win the game in any of those quarters. It's true. You need to finish.

Not that setting a tone isn't important, of course.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.

View attachment 63624
I absolutely could not agree with you more.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score

Just my take

LTH
The culture will change regardless. Aspects of the Pete culture will last in this franchise a long time. A new coach is going to add his own spin on it. What we have known and seen of the Pete Carroll culture is gone.

GemCity

Reaction score
Considering he’s probably been grinding for weeks, I thought he did well.

For me, it’s clear that he didn’t get to perform “normal” GM duties. I’m not saying he didn’t work hand in hand but PC had the final say in personnel and other matters.

He came across as a guy that wanted to show respect to PC and what he’s done but, that there’s also a more than capable GM behind the mask that’s saying “Let’s Rid…” ahem…”Let’s get it”.

I think JS is ready to show everyone what he can do.

We’re in good hands.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
The culture will change regardless. Aspects of the Pete culture will last in this franchise a long time. A new coach is going to add his own spin on it. What we have known and seen of the Pete Carroll culture is gone.
Serious?
The culture of 2023 was not in the same universe as the culture of 2013. I don’t think it was even close.