Mike Mcdonalds introductory press conference today @ 11 am pst

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Most of the best leaders I have worked for, with, and who now work for me are introverts. They are great leaders and communicators, and very natural and comfortable in social settings. Those on this site (and everywhere really) who do not understand what introverts and extroverts are should avoid commenting on it. You just sound foolish, unintelligent, and uneducated.
Can confirm. I've led tech teams for years and not only am I introverted, but my entire management chain up to the C level largely was as well. Those introverted math majors are everywhere!

WarHawks

Reaction score
Impressive. His lazer focus, his record as DC, and his educational background are all awesome indicators of how seriously he approaches life. Great hire.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Can confirm. I've led tech teams for years and not only am I introverted, but my entire management chain up to the C level largely was as well. Those introverted math majors are everywhere!
I think a lot of people misunderstand the phrase introvert. They assume introverts to be quiet and socially withdrawn. It just means you need to recharge your social batteries by being alone sometimes. I think we could classify Bellichick as an introvert and he's one of the best to coach the game.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
That man is most certainly NOT an introvert.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Jerhawk said:
I love what he said in regards to: "You can't just throw the same 3 things at the other team and think ''we're gonna beat you.'"
Yes! That line really jumped out! He said the offenses have gotten too complex to play that way. 😮
Yes, that's what Pete Carroll has tried to do, same 3 things, and the rest of the NFL figured it out years ago. Our D didn't create nearly enough confusion problems for QBs. Very encouraging to hear him talk about this!

I don't think anyone asked him, "What did you see in the Seattle offense that allowed you to come up with such an effective game plan for your Baltimore Defense to stop them?'
Of course, probably would have gotten a cagey answer, but maybe with a couple interesting nuggets.

James in PA

Reaction score
Jerhawk said:
I love what he said in regards to: "You can't just throw the same 3 things at the other team and think ''we're gonna beat you.'"

Yes, that's what Pete Carroll has tried to do, same 3 things, and the rest of the NFL figured it out years ago. Our D didn't create nearly enough confusion problems for QBs. Very encouraging to hear him talk about this!

I don't think anyone asked him, "What did you see in the Seattle offense that allowed you to come up with such an effective game plan for your Baltimore Defense to stop them?'
Of course, probably would have gotten a cagey answer, but maybe with a couple interesting nuggets.
Someone may have asked him that, but as usual no one listening from home could hear the question. 😒

olyfan63

Reaction score
That man is most certainly NOT an introvert.
He IS an introvert, but he's worked long and hard to develop the extrovert-ish skills to fool the public. I know, because that was my journey too, and I used coaching youth sports as my learning lab to work on those skills. Macdonald, as a professional coach, has probably worked 10X as long and hard as me on this stuff. Introverts have to work, work, work to learn to do the things that extroverts do naturally.

Just notice the different type of energy from a Pete Carroll presser, where Pete kind of brings the party and the sunshine, just the way he carries himself. Except after a schitty game performance, Pete kind of reverts to being introvert-ish, because he just doesn't really want to talk about what happened. I remember "there is no place in my brain for that type of game we just had", when the Seahawks had just gotten a brutal ass-kicking that didn't seem that hard to figure out.

Yeah, Mac is an introvert, and so what? As an introvert, he'll study film like a maniac, analyze and agonize over different schemes for stopping specific offenses and teams, and have small group or individual discussions to get feedback, he'll communicate excellently 1 on 1 with players, and the team as a whole when needed, because he's highly confident and comfortable within that domain, football and coaching.