Pete to LA Chargers?

cymatica

Reaction score
Looks like Hairball is about to sign with the Chargers

Ozzy

Reaction score
There hasn’t been any leaked information that they’re interested in Pete. Pete has made it clear he wants to coach again.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Do we get anything if they hire Pete, since he is an advisor in the front office. 🤣
Yes, he's still under contract, so if any team wants him, they'll have to negotiate a release that would almost certainly include at least a 2nd day draft pick.

That's why I don't think Pete is going anywhere in 2024.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Yes, he's still under contract, so if any team wants him, they'll have to negotiate a release that would almost certainly include at least a 2nd day draft pick.

That's why I don't think Pete is going anywhere in 2024.

I think Seattle would let him go personally.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I just can't see any team signing a 72 year old coach.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Normally I would agree but you have to admit, Pete is the youngest 72 year old you or I have ever seen. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him bouncing around and throwing footballs at 92.

Its not his physical stature that's in question.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I think Seattle would let him go personally.
He's an asset, and I can't see John giving him up for nothing. Pete understands that better than anybody. The other thing is that we'd likely want some sort of control over where he goes. We'd want him in the AFC. Imagine if let him go to the Falcons then have them eliminate us from the playoffs the following season.

Ozzy

Reaction score
He's an asset, and I can't see John giving him up for nothing. Pete understands that better than anybody. The other thing is that we'd likely want some sort of control over where he goes. We'd want him in the AFC. Imagine if let him go to the Falcons then have them eliminate us from the playoffs the following season.
I see it completely different. I think the front office role was gesture of respect because they're paying him regardless. I can't fathom they want the guy they fired to have input on the future of the team. If he got an opportunity to leave to coach another team Seattle could potentially save money and get compensation potentially....they would jump on that. They've made it clear he is not involved on future decisions so what is he there for? It's for show.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sanctions coming in.......Hairball bouncing. Imagine that. Cheaters gonna' cheat.
Ironic that Pete did the same thing when the sanctions were rolling in for USC.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Sanctions coming in.......Hairball bouncing. Imagine that. Cheaters gonna' cheat.
Ironic that Pete did the same thing when the sanctions were rolling in for USC.

Please put a link for this harbough cheating. So far there’s a bunch of allegations so that’s nothing more so far than finger pointing, Michigan has 90 days to respond to the allegations, the NCAA will have 60 days for a rebuttal after the 90 days. And Michigan will probably use as much of the 90 as possible. And Michigan will probably go through the appeals process which that could stretch well into the summer if not some fall.

Or are you talking about the separate allegations of sign stealing they’re also accused of?

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score
I see it completely different. I think the front office role was gesture of respect because they're paying him regardless. I can't fathom they want the guy they fired to have input on the future of the team. If he got an opportunity to leave to coach another team Seattle could potentially save money and get compensation potentially....they would jump on that. They've made it clear he is not involved on future decisions so what is he there for? It's for show.
Sure, he's been relegated to the corner office in the windowless basement room. But he's still a valuable resource, both for John as well as our future HC. They've removed his veto authority, but they'd be fools not to consult with him on important decision.

I'm basically saying the same thing that you are, that they won't grant him an outright release, that they'll want a draft pick or for them to pick up the tab on his contract. The only difference in our opinions seems to be that I feel they'll want to have some sort of control over where he goes, that they're not going to want him to go to an NFC team. The Chargers would make perfect sense.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Sure, he's been relegated to the corner office in the windowless basement room. But he's still a valuable resource, both for John as well as our future HC. They've removed his veto authority, but they'd be fools not to consult with him on important decision.

I'm basically saying the same thing that you are, that they won't grant him an outright release, that they'll want a draft pick or for them to pick up the tab on his contract. The only difference in our opinions seems to be that I feel they'll want to have some sort of control over where he goes, that they're not going to want him to go to an NFC team. The Chargers would make perfect sense.
Oh I gotcha now, that makes sense.

chris98251

Reaction score
If he has a opportunity they will let him go out of respect for what he has done and the fact he is hurt by the decision. They won't keep him under house arrest at his salary.