Should Kevin Pierre-Louis move to Strong Safety?

netskier

Reaction score
Iirc Pinkins played strong safety at San Diego state, and the hawks experimented with him at cornerback to see if his hips were sufficiently fluid for the Seattle defense. Pete said at the time "We already know he can play strong safety.". I think he came in to camp a little heavy, closer to 230 than 208, which prompted trying him at linebacker. Iirc, he ran a 4.4 forty, which is fast enough to play strong safety. He is also six three, the same as Kam. Kam was credited with a 4.59 forty at the combine with 4.49 low and 4.70 high. Kam shines with his mind, even instructing Thomas where to live up. People who call Kam stupid are ignorant, and are insulting Thomas by calling Kam stupid.

Anyhow, Pinkins is faster than Kam, so I would like to see him tried at strong safety.

getnasty

Reaction score
KPL is a LB, he's gonna be a very good LB. All of these other examples are of guys that weren't going to succeed in our system at the positions they were at. Pinkins i could see at SS, KPL no, and i see neither of them as a option this year.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Basis4day":oquhrmjd said:
Hawkfan77":oquhrmjd said:
getnasty":oquhrmjd said:
No, this is NFL not High School football you just don't go from LB to SS overnight.
Ya or DT to OG, oh wait...

Those are long term projects whereas KPL is a likely successor at LB next year when they can't retain Irvin.
I don't think moving him for 10 games (Assuming Kam comes back to not lose an accrued year) is going to make a dramatic difference.
On the flip side, why can't he be the likely successor at SS? This thing with Kam might not end soon and maybe the Hawks will soon sour on him regardless. Kim's time as a Hawk could be done.

I'd like to see what he and Pinkins can do as the Kam replacement

Latest posts