Interesting Pete Speak….

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Hey All,

Maybe what Pete said is step 1 leading to the its not my fault excuse. You know plausible deniability as in I give my OC and DC autonomy - they messed up not me.

-Ed-
You guys can criticize Pete all day, but all of you have criticisms of him that are in direct conflict with one another.

When has Pete ever absolutely blasted a coordinator and blamed them for everything instead of speaking in terms of collective responsibility? Ever?

The truth is almost always that collective responsibility IS held for most failures

hoxrox

Reaction score
It could also be a Geno comment :-/
Nah it's not a comment on Geno.

"Choosing the best routes" - Is Geno responsible for choosing routes?

"Tight ends can be used better" - Is Geno supposed to be putting them in 12 and 13 personnel?

This is definitely a comment on Waldron.

Xxx

Reaction score

"Tight ends can be used better" - Is Geno supposed to be putting them in 12 and 13 personnel?

Geno is responsible for choosing which route to throw to once the play starts.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Geno is responsible for choosing which route to throw to once the play starts.
True, but full comment is: "Choosing the best routes for our guys"

This speaks to schematics. Not decision making during the play.

Xxx

Reaction score

There’s a part where he says we’re not seeing things, that’s where I feel like he could nudging geno a little

NJlargent

Reaction score
Hey All,

Maybe what Pete said is step 1 leading to the its not my fault excuse. You know plausible deniability as in I give my OC and DC autonomy - they messed up not me.

-Ed-
This guy nailed it. Setting the OC up to fall on the sword. But Carroll is not going anywhere and ownership is disinterested so we will just have wait and enjoy the priceless quotes like last night's one drive at a time nonsense.

Xxx

Reaction score
If I have to look that hard to find some isolated comment that doesn't reflect what 99% of people say, then your point is completely moot. Good day sir
Click search up top and type in Pete’s play calling and watch the posts start popping, people have said it. But they’re wrong Pete is not calling plays

cymatica

Reaction score
Click search up top and type in Pete’s play calling and watch the posts start popping, people have said it. But they’re wrong Pete is not calling plays
I did. Not one post in the 1st page of results implied Pete calling plays, only some comments about him meddling. I'm not going to look through pages of posts to confirm some elses claim.

Xxx

Reaction score
I did. Not one post in the 1st page of results implied Pete calling plays, only some comments about him meddling. I'm not going to look through pages of posts to confirm some elses claim.
I found one, it was really old, about bevel and I didn’t keep looking cause it reminded of Pete’s own words, I am responsible for the play call that ended the Super Bowl. Just cause Pete said that doesn’t mean it’s true though

cymatica

Reaction score
I found one, it was really old, about bevel and I didn’t keep looking cause it reminded of Pete’s own words, I am responsible for the play call that ended the Super Bowl. Just cause Pete said that doesn’t mean it’s true though
The claim was that fans were saying Pete was calling plays. That was just Pete covering for Bevel and Wilson

Xxx

Reaction score
The claim was that fans were saying Pete was calling plays. That was just Pete covering for Bevel and Wilson
Right but he isn’t now that’s crazy it really just kinda dawned on me too. Like Pete actually might be letting Waldron take the heat for the current situation. What I believe of what we’ll never know is that Pete doesn’t call the plays. Ever and never. But at different critical eras in his tenure here he chose who to cover for and who to not. Pretty crazy theory and drama

Mizak

Reaction score
No need for a ring decoder since he says the same shit all the time but I found this interesting. could this actually be a Waldo callout?

View attachment 62101
So he name drops JSN and praises him for his play making. Wonder how DK feels about this Knowing that coach didn’t praise him for his play making.

Reactions: Xxx

cymatica

Reaction score
Striking to me that Pete took all the blame for that Super Bowl call but he is talking
About not making the calls now
He took part of the blame, Bevel called the play but he knew what it was and approved. At least with that play, there was some sort of rational behind it, or at least a pass in general. There is no rational for how Waldron has been calling games and Pete seems to be at least somewhat aware of it. I don't think they are capable of fixing this hot mess though.

Reactions: Xxx

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
So he name drops JSN and praises him for his play making. Wonder how DK feels about this Knowing that coach didn’t praise him for his play making.
DK's feels don't matter until he figures out how to catch a football with his hands

pittpnthrs

Reaction score

Locker room in shambles

Latest posts