Pete should quit

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
He ain't going nowhere until his contract is up in two years. He's Jody's nanny until then.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
What a bunch of SAD ASS SNIVELERS...Pete should have been called for the 49ers Offensive Holding the whole EFing game!?????!!

renofox

Reaction score
But Pete was the QB Guru that trained Russ then Geno. Wasn’t that the narrative?? I think you should keep him around and have him train whoever you draft!!
Demotion to QB coach? I'm good with that.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I mean, he has been, but, whaaaaa? How's the team doing as a whole?

It would greatly help the team as a whole if he didn’t give up a touchdown a game in coverage, and some run support would be great too.

Who’s doing less in terms of meeting expectations on the entire team? He’s the one billed as the All Pro we gave up a kings ransom for and are STILL eating the deal on.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
It would greatly help the team as a whole if he didn’t give up a touchdown a game in coverage, and some run support would be great too.

Who’s doing less in terms of meeting expectations on the entire team? He’s the one billed as the All Pro we gave up a kings ransom for and are STILL eating the deal on.
Clearly the guy is being used incorrectly, he was never a fit, they grabbed him for sacks when they had no pass rush, and PC thought he could make him play his style, but the guy is talented, so, coaching more than his fault.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Fired, do you honestly think the meeting with the big wigs had no ultimatum?

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
We agree to disagree cuz I think the only way he leaves is if he quits. He's the most powerful person in the organization and as long as they keep selling tickets no one will care. I certainly can't see J Allen doing it but you seem to think she doesn't have control

mistaowen

Reaction score
Pete is basically the CEO of the Seahawks at this point and will be until Jody sells the team. That or he decides to retire. She signed him and JS to those lengthy extensions because she knew she wouldn't be involved in the product at all while they figure out her brothers assets, even if they held 'end of the year reviews'. A ~.500 season changes nothing, already winning 6 games basically ensures he is back next year if he wants to be.

I love Pete, he's a tremendous motivator and has all the characteristics you want in a leader. Him never throwing coaches or players under the bus is commendable and even defends them to a fault. But the league has evolved and is leaving behind the older defensive minded head coaches. Steelers fans want Tomlin gone just as bad and he's been as winning of a coach as anyone. Shanahan has had what, 3 DC's leave for HC jobs while he basically runs just the offense? Harbaugh keeps the Ravens competitive because he isn't afraid to rip off the band aid. Defense that was excellent for almost 20 years finally started showing signs of weakness, so he cleans house and brings in a young kid from an excellent Michigan defense. Relatively same personnel, new scheme, back to playing excellent defensive football. Lamar Jackson almost leaves so he brings in a guy to run a more innovative offense with an updated passing game.

Pete needs to do that on both sides of the ball and let them implement a new system. I just don't think he ever will and we will likely be back here next year asking the same questions.

Last edited:

hawker84

Reaction score
People have insecurities, he's just veery frustrated because he knows he's not playing awesome, and people are poking him. Calling people shit sucks, but you do you boo.
Adams does suck. Can't cover , can't tackle, can't catch. He's a liability in this defense, and has been since year two. One of many liabilities to be fair. Not sure what defense you're watching but it's clearly not the one in Seattle. 🤷

SNDavidson

Reaction score
My argument is never should have added the guy, but many were pretty excited he was coming here, hasn't worked out, can't argue with that, wasn't trying to, my point is the front office (pc) made a bad call there out of desperation for some semblance of pass rush, thinking he could add to his game and use him all over like a hybrid player, hasn't worked.

strohmin

Reaction score
Why would Pete quit? I bet he's not even coaching for the love of the game anymore. He's probably coaching because he lost a superbowl in the dumbest way possible and is trying to rectify that.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Oh, and I don't like calling people of color pos, cuz it's ignorant. It makes me embarrassed to be associated with this board.