Pete should quit

Welshers2

Reaction score
I love Pete Carroll and will be forever be grateful for all he has done for this team. In fact, I won't even call for him to be fired. I think he's earned the right to coach here for as long as he wants.

But with that said, I think he should hang it up. The game has seemingly passed him by. Not going for the two 4th and shorts today was the last straw for me. When big underdogs like that you have to have some balls. Instead they end up having to go for it on 4th and 13 at the end of the game.

Should have played to actually keep it close when it mattered.

hinton

Reaction score
I kinda always had the feeling (based on absolutely nothing) that he was gonna retire at the end of this season, but they thought they'd assembled a team for one more shot at it.

Looking at the attention to detail across the league versus our relatively simplistic scheme makes me think a change is needed.

On the plus side I think we've actually got a lot of talent on this team, and a lot of cap space if we cut some obvious candidates. It'll be interesting to see what a new coach can achieve with this group plus a draft class.

xray

Reaction score
Pete's got 2 more years on his contract . Ain't that swell ? :)

SNDavidson

Reaction score
We need a younger Bobby and a younger Diggs, and obviously I love those guys, I'll give Adam's another season, I think he might try to slim down a touch and he'll get faster as he heals more.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Pete will go back to LA, maybe we let waldron lead as an interim and see if we can get a spagnolo type on defense, that way Waldron can pick his qb and we build around that with a nastified o-line, and we need some lumber on defense, I liked the hitting today, to start.

Optimus25

Reaction score
We need a younger Bobby and a younger Diggs, and obviously I love those guys, I'll give Adam's another season, I think he might try to slim down a touch and he'll get faster as he heals more.
Whaaaaa?

Dude is a massive liability.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I mean, he has been, but, whaaaaa? How's the team doing as a whole?

Ozzy

Reaction score
I love Pete Carroll and will be forever be grateful for all he has done for this team. In fact, I won't even call for him to be fired. I think he's earned the right to coach here for as long as he wants.

But with that said, I think he should hang it up. The game has seemingly passed him by. Not going for the two 4th and shorts today was the last straw for me. When big underdogs like that you have to have some balls. Instead they end up having to go for it on 4th and 13 at the end of the game.

Should have played to actually keep it close when it mattered.
Agreed. Wish Pete would retire