I just heard Clayton say

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The NFL hands these athletes to reporters on a silver platter. It's amazing the sense of entitlement they now have. Want a story? Build a relationship. Isn't that what the good reporters are supposed to do? I'm not a Michael Silver fan, but the dude just put out a great article about Lynch because he built a relationship with him.

Want a quote? Put in the effort to get it.

Basis4day

Reaction score
m0ng0":2i9d71ob said:
kidhawk":2i9d71ob said:
m0ng0":2i9d71ob said:
Does anyone have the audio of what John said? I can't trust people around here to look and hear things objectively....

It was posted earlier in the thread but here you go

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... 1014&n=Bob

:th2thumbs: thanks boss, sorry I missed that

Hes calling in to the Wyman Mike and Moore show (Groz Mike and Moore this week) during the 4 O'clock segment. Check that shows podcast section too in about a half hour.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Sir, you just called Marshawn - the reason we are about to kill Denver in the super bowl - an embarrassment to our franchise. This is the last step before you sell your soul. So long sellout. Newsflash, New York sucks and they don't care about you.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
We are talking about a guy who is known not to like the media experience. There are plenty of guys willing to fill the headlines. If he doesn't want to talk, leave the guy alone.

I hate the media overall. They are there to simply get information that they can take out of context or exploit a verbal mistake into a story. RW is the QB, he has to play the cliche respect game. Lynch doesn't like that shit and I don't blame him. The guy did his 5 minutes, then gave Prime his feeling on the matter. That is enough for me. I don't know why JC would call it like that.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I usually like Clayton, but he sounds like he needs a Snickers. What a whiny little turd.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
DavidSeven":16uv9t43 said:
The NFL hands these athletes to reporters on a silver platter. It's amazing the sense of entitlement they now have. Want a story? Build a relationship. Isn't that what the good reporters are supposed to do? I'm not a Michael Silver fan, but the dude just put out a great article about Lynch because he built a relationship with him.

Michael Silver seems to have been doing that a lot lately. Kinda starting to like the guy

m0ng0

Reaction score
I think everyone is making a much bigger deal of of this then there really is, Clayton and the media are pissed that Beast was supposed to be available for 45 minutes and he was only available for 6 and 1/2 minutes? Clayton brought up a good point, all you have to do is answer the question, it does not really matter what that answer is, just answer the question and be available like the rest of your team is for a whopping 45 minutes. Players have certain obligations. Brian Urlacher was fined 100k for wearing a vitaminwater hat.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Just looked at the CBA to see exactly what language is in there regarding player appearances, etc.

ARTICLE 51 MISCELLANEOUS

Section 3. Appearances: No Club may unreasonably require a player to appear on radio or television or other news media (including internet and print).

Section 4. Promotion: The NFLPA will use its best efforts to ensure that the players cooperate with the Clubs and the news media (including television, radio, internet, print) in reasonable promotional activities on behalf of the Clubs and the NFL.

That's it. It doesn't say they have to appear or speak for the duration of a press conference or media day. It simply says the NFLPA will do their best to make sure guys appear and cooperate. Now you can certainly make the argument that Marshawn hasn't put a lot of effort into it--including today. But the NFL has already said today that he met his obligation, so the media hacks can just get off their high horse now.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
Boohoo Clayton :zzzzz:. A lot of hot air and nothing of substance. A few minutes of Marshawn has more depth and substance than 40 years of Clayton :zzzzz:.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
When Clayton had such a strong opinion about Percy returning kicks, you knew the little effer was getting a bit too big for his britches. This is just confirmation.

Smellyman

Reaction score
This is why everybody hates the media. sports "news", whatever.

Clayton demanding the $100,000 fine if not more. What a donkey.

Cartire

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1fe0151q said:
DavidSeven":1fe0151q said:

Michael Silver seems to have been doing that a lot lately. Kinda starting to like the guy

Let's not forget now that Silver was the first to report that Browner popped for PED's erroneously. He's had fine articles, but it's gonna take awhile till his integrity is rebuilt.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
What do hawks fans care about? Media championships or Superbowl championships? Lynch is fine, but Clayton does have a job and lynch makes it harder for him.

Lol at Clayton. Nobody gives a damn about your article or interview. We'll watch the game and none of this will make a difference.

Smellyman

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":3b0mhqaq said:
What do hawks fans care about? Media championships or Superbowl championships? Lynch is fine, but Clayton does have a job and lynch makes it harder for him.

Lol at Clayton. Nobody gives a damn about your article or interview. We'll watch the game and none of this will make a difference.

thing is marshawn could've gone up and said nothing. Instead Clayton gets to use his soapbox to go on his rants and say stupid things making his job easier. he should be thanking ML.

Yet he still wants ML to be fined 100 grand or more.

don't be on the sidelines JC or ML may truck you on his way out of bounds.

chrispy

Reaction score
As stated previously in this thread, I think it has more to do with the power struggle between networks. NFL network seems to be tipping the scale and enjoying more access. In Bruce Irvin's interview with Prime, they were both badmouthing ESPN and promoting NFL network. Perhaps it is an issue that is bigger than the average fan knows. With the renegotiation of TV rights and talk of Google getting into the bidding for streaming, I would think NFL network would try to advantage itself in any way possible. ESPN is currently a huge gateway for NFL media but if fans have the option of streaming MNF online, ESPN might be expendable. If I were Goddell, I'd be trying to take over as much influence/ad revenue from ESPN too.

... and here's Lynch as an easy target because the entire League and all the information is less bottle-necked than ever before. Beastmode should only grant interviews to people that can beat him arm wrestling. Air the challenges on RRR and don't grant access to ESPN.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Smellyman":1527u8zp said:
ClumsyLurk":1527u8zp said:

thing is marshawn could've gone up and said nothing. Instead Clayton gets to use his soapbox to go on his rants and say stupid things making his job easier. he should be thanking ML.

Yet he still wants ML to be fined 100 grand or more.

don't be on the sidelines JC or ML may truck you on his way out of bounds.
most importantly though... We don't care about his interviews. We are in NY to win a game, and unfortunately, Mr. Mackey is not what stands between us and the prize.

Latest posts