I just heard Clayton say

Smellyman

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":2ge4c6es said:
Smellyman":2ge4c6es said:
ClumsyLurk":2ge4c6es said:
What do hawks fans care about? Media championships or Superbowl championships? Lynch is fine, but Clayton does have a job and lynch makes it harder for him.

Lol at Clayton. Nobody gives a damn about your article or interview. We'll watch the game and none of this will make a difference.

thing is marshawn could've gone up and said nothing. Instead Clayton gets to use his soapbox to go on his rants and say stupid things making his job easier. he should be thanking ML.

Yet he still wants ML to be fined 100 grand or more.

don't be on the sidelines JC or ML may truck you on his way out of bounds.
most importantly though... We don't care about his interviews. We are in NY to win a game, and unfortunately, Mr. Mackey is not what stands between us and the prize.

yup

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2uix9ljg said:
If Lynch had done that interview with Clayton instead of Sanders, Rich Eisen would be the one who was up in arms and crying about Lynch being inaccessible.

Sports media is essentially worthless outside of guys who scoop transactions. Otherwise, we get better information and analysis from bloggers that aren't part of the old guard.
Nicely said!

Chrome_Seahawk":2uix9ljg said:
Hawk Strap":2uix9ljg said:
John Clayton hasn't made love to a woman since Carter was President.
I know this is sarcasm and Claton pissed me off with his whining too, but you may not be aware that Clayton's wife is in a wheelchair due to advanced Multiple Sclerosis. .. as such, I think the joke is kind of in poor taste.
That sucks. Not sure if people get better from that but hope she does get better anyhow.

loafoftatupu":2uix9ljg said:
We are talking about a guy who is known not to like the media experience. There are plenty of guys willing to fill the headlines. If he doesn't want to talk, leave the guy alone.
But that makes him more sexy you know how that works. Ohhhh Marshawn, why won't you be my friend.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Btw at Pete's first presser in new York, he only had good rapport with Danny O'Neil. He didn't pretend to know any of the other local yahoos. Thought that was pretty sweet.

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
Personally I loved Marshawn's interview with Prime... that was the real deal there. But I have to say my opinion has changed considerably since hearing Marshawn's and Clayton's comments...

In my opinion, Marshawn's stock has gone even higher and he is the epitome of heart and toughness. He plays his heart out for this team and for this city... I salute your effort and attitude dude

Clayton...well I have heard a few too many comments from him lately where he seems to think he is above it all and looking down at some of these players. So my Clayton stock value is falling fast and I may just turn him off when I hear he is next up on the radio. He has pretty much lost my interest.

plyka

Reaction score
sc85sis":33kkhh27 said:
Just looked at the CBA to see exactly what language is in there regarding player appearances, etc.

ARTICLE 51 MISCELLANEOUS

Section 3. Appearances: No Club may unreasonably require a player to appear on radio or television or other news media (including internet and print).

Section 4. Promotion: The NFLPA will use its best efforts to ensure that the players cooperate with the Clubs and the news media (including television, radio, internet, print) in reasonable promotional activities on behalf of the Clubs and the NFL.

That's it. It doesn't say they have to appear or speak for the duration of a press conference or media day. It simply says the NFLPA will do their best to make sure guys appear and cooperate. Now you can certainly make the argument that Marshawn hasn't put a lot of effort into it--including today. But the NFL has already said today that he met his obligation, so the media hacks can just get off their high horse now.

I really think that Clayton pulled that 45 minute thing out if his ass. Thanks for doing the research. I'd like to know where Clayton's 45 minute remark came from.

plyka

Reaction score
Smellyman":16cyvgyz said:
This is why everybody hates the media. sports "news", whatever.

Clayton demanding the $100,000 fine if not more. What a donkey.

I think Clayton thinks he is doing gods work. This is football! It's entertainment! Mr Clayton it's not all that serious. Your job is not all that serious. If you want to do something serious go out and find corrupt politicians and make sure congress and the president are responsible to the people.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
The dumb questions asked to these players are what is embarrassing. I don't understand why they believe its their right to interview them. They should be lucky that these guys ever talk to them. Cause if they stopped talking to them they would have nothing.

AVL

Reaction score
I must amend my previous post.I couldn't recall when Clayton annoyed me, but remembered it was every time a ped or weed story hawk related broke. He's like your judgmental relatives. I still like some of his other stuff.

birdman5

Reaction score
I was pretty ticked when I first heard this but I'm going to give the guy a pass on this one. As much as we all know Cortez Kennedy deserved to be in the hall of fame, he would never have gotten there without Clayton's advocacy. I will always be thankful for that.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Just got home and started listening. John is way out of line in my opinion. Fine him 100k, then another 100k in another few days. b-b-b-but-t-t-t your diminishing the v-v-v-v-value of m-m-m-m-media dayyyyyyyyy :'(

Somewhere in John Clayton's universe - its better that Marshawn answers a question horribly or be a total jerk than to not answer at all.

John Clayton would rather a media day full of terrell owens than marshawn lynches. This isn't a surprise, but it goes to show what a shameless whoore John Clayton is.

>>> Later in the episode (9:36ish) and John goes on to give the media credit for potentially turning Micheal Bennett into a celebrity.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
you guys hear Clayton a lot more than I do but his reaction seems pretty out of the ordinary for him.

Polaris

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":12cojggr said:
you guys hear Clayton a lot more than I do but his reaction seems pretty out of the ordinary for him.

It is. He clearly lost his temper. The problem is once Clayton stakes out a position (even an extreme one) he will almost never back off from it or admit he was wrong in any degree.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Some more Marshawn...

[youtube]71CGV4-o3Ts[/youtube]

Notice how it starts, "you better talk" :34853_doh:

Laloosh

Reaction score
I just thought it was funny that Sanders pried a few words out of him. Hard to say no to a HOFer and legend. Pulled the GOAT card and got his interview.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
As a fan, guys like John are my only connection with the athletes in this day an age. I wish Clayton would have been the bigger man and went over there and asked him a few questions. Must have left for his room to get to work on that important article.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Love Marshawn man... He knows what its really about "My fans love me regardless. They love the Seahawks. They just want to make sure I show up and perform. They don't care what I have to say"

We do care, because he's a character and a lot smarter than he's given credit. But at the end of the day, we, as fans, only care about you when you're out there doing work