Things I Think I Think

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
(To steal from SI’s Peter King’s column title)

I think Jody has proven to be perfectly capable of making hard decisions in the best interest of the football team. After all, do not underestimate the fact that her brother’s blood runs through her veins.

I think Pete Carroll might just be one of my most favorite people I’ve come across in my lifetime. I never got caught up in the controversy of his leaving USC and quite frankly I don’t care to. Say what you will about his coaching but you can’t argue he cares deeply for his players and coaches. His eternal positivity is something we could all use more of.

I think that final press conference was one of the most eloquent, heartfelt, honest press conferences I’ve ever witnessed. We can argue his coaching schemes and ability to adjust or out coach the other coaches all day but when it comes to his character and leadership and unconditional love for those around him he is untouchable.

I think I am honestly surprised how much his stepping down as head coach affected many of us. I spent last night watching all the shows covering the news and a night cap of the America’s Game: 2013 Seahawks. It was entirely cathartic, emotional, melancholy, joyous and healing all in one.

Of course, that could have been the wine too.

I think I am starting to turn to the dark side. Maybe Harbaugh could be the elixir we need. Sure he’s cantankerous. Arrogant. But the man wins. How ironic it would be if our former nemesis becomes our new coach that takes us back to the promise land.

I think Jody is going to hold off selling the team any time soon. She seems like she might want to see how this plays out. And of course, the more successful the team, the higher the sale price.

I think I will miss Geno. Sure he will never take us to the Super Bowl and win it but there’s something to be said for a solid individual, leader and bridge quarterback with a good and accurate arm, and someone who has the respect of his teammates.

I think the Seahawks need to be Uber aggressive in the draft this year. If you love a certain QB, go get him. Build up the trenches! Attack the draft with fury!

I think I can’t wait for what’s next. A new chapter, a new era awaits us all.

Go Hawks!

projectorfreak

Reaction score
Preach it brother
I loved the rivalry btwn pete amd harbs
That was the most fun and entertaining era of seahawks football I can ever remember
Pete was and is a great guy and coach but sometimes ya go out and get a new car even though old reliable still runs and this is one of those times
Go Hawks

GemCity

Reaction score

I think Jody has proven to be perfectly capable of making hard decisions in the best interest of the football team. After all, do not underestimate the fact that her brother’s blood runs through her veins.

I think Pete Carroll might just be one of my most favorite people I’ve come across in my lifetime. I never got caught up in the controversy of his leaving USC and quite frankly I don’t care to. Say what you will about his coaching but you can’t argue he cares deeply for his players and coaches. His eternal positivity is something we could all use more of.

I think that final press conference was one of the most eloquent, heartfelt, honest press conferences I’ve ever witnessed. We can argue his coaching schemes and ability to adjust or out coach the other coaches all day but when it comes to his character and leadership and unconditional love for those around him he is untouchable.

I think I am honestly surprised how much his stepping down as head coach affected many of us. I spent last night watching all the shows covering the news and a night cap of the America’s Game: 2013 Seahawks. It was entirely cathartic, emotional, melancholy, joyous and healing all in one.

I think I am starting to turn to the dark side. Maybe Harbaugh could be the elixir we need. Sure he’s cantankerous. Arrogant. But the man wins. How ironic it would be if our former nemesis becomes our new coach that takes us back to the promise land.

I think Jody is going to hold off selling the team any time soon. She seems like she might want to see how this plays out. And of course, the more successful the team, the higher the sale price.

I think I will miss Geno. Sure he will never take us to the Super Bowl and win it but there’s something to be said for a solid individual, leader and bridge quarterback with a good and accurate arm, and someone who has the respect of his teammates.

I think the Seahawks need to be Uber aggressive in the draft this year. If you love a certain QB, go get him. Build up the trenches! Attack the draft with fury!

Go Hawks!
You had me….

…..until Harbaugh 😉.

Great post Aros.

DeSeahawk

Reaction score

Go Hawks!
I think I'm disappointed I can only give your post one thumb up.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
And some more thoughts on Harbaugh.

I think of Gary Payton on the Sonics in the mid 90's. I think of Sherman during the LOB years. Two outstanding players who were at the top of their craft but boy oh boy you wouldn't care for them much if they played for the opponent. I would have most likely hated (sport hate) both of them if they played for other teams other than my teams.

I view Harbaugh in the same light. SO easy to hate when he's not your coach. And while he won't ever be confused for Pete's personality, if he becomes our coach, he's immediately family. We know how it works. And if he were to bring us our next championship?

We would love the man.

renofox

Reaction score

I think of Gary Payton on the Sonics in the mid 90's. I think of Sherman during the LOB years. Two outstanding players who were at the top of their craft but boy oh boy you wouldn't care for them much if they played for the opponent. I would have most likely hated (sport hate) both of them if they played for other teams other than my teams.

I view Harbaugh in the same light. SO easy to hate when he's not your coach. And while he won't ever be confused for Pete's personality, if he becomes our coach, he's immediately family. We know how it works. And if he were to bring us our next championship?

We would love the man.
Just think of 49ers fans views of Sherman while he was a Seahawk, and how quickly those views changed when he became a 49er.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score

We would love the man.
I hate that you are 100% correct.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I could care less if present day Rick Mirer is the QB next year--> All defense, all resources, all brain power, All day. Figure it out. Patrick Mahomes couldn't have saved this team with this defense, so why throw some mystery player/drafted kid into the fire and expect something greater than he?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
All good things come to an end, this is especially true in sports.

I wish Pete could fix the defense. I wish Pete could figure out a more dynamic way of playing offense. I wish Pete could have fixed his messaging that wasn't getting through to some of his players. I wish Pete could have coached here until he was 80.

But he couldn't, so it's time to move on, as all good organizations do when they're failing at their goals. I can tell you one thing as a business owner, the worst thing you can do as a company is remain static while your competition doesn't.

In the end, I think this is what Jody and the Hawk brass saw as well.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Aros!!!

Many of us feel exactly the same way as you although around here there are those who are never going to move on and continue to spew their ‘Pete hate’ at any opportunity. Expect it any time soon.

For me the PC coaching period has undoubtedly been the best period ever for my team. Getting the team to two Bowls was amazing but so were the consecutive years of relevance as a competitive team. In the end though it was time for him to move on as his message was being ignored by some and the collective errors and protection of his underperforming assistants had started to add up to a sad realization that his time was up here. Regardless I still love the guy and truly respect him as a coach and motivator I have nothing but respect for him.

In time we will all miss him. Well, even almost all of the haters, save one guy.

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
Should Pete be invited to raise the 12 man flag on season opener or maybe the wild card game next year when we host after Clinching the nfc west, is it too soon…lol

Fade

Reaction score
All good things come to an end, this is especially true in sports.

I wish Pete could fix the defense. I wish Pete could figure out a more dynamic way of playing offense. I wish Pete could have fixed his messaging that wasn't getting through to some of his players. I wish Pete could have coached here until he was 80.

But he couldn't, so it's time to move on, as all good organizations do when they're failing at their goals. I can tell you one thing as a business owner, the worst thing you can do as a company is remain static while your competition doesn't.

In the end, I think this is what Jody and the Hawk brass saw as well.

I came to these very same conclusions 4 years ago. And had a thought of--"do I not say what I'm seeing"? No, I'd rather tell the truth even knowing I will be demonized for it. As I care more about the Seahawks > than the fans who want to be lied to and told everything is fine. That mentality kept us in the hole longer than we should've been. And if they had their druthers mind you, we'd still be there another season wasted--on the road to no where.

I am grateful most have come around and seen the light as expected. No more "careful what you wish for" and all of that. I knew once the new guy was introduced they would take the Pete goggles off for good and see it for what it is.

Relief. Hope. New Culture. And respect to the braintrust for doing what was right.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I came to these very same conclusions 4 years ago. And had a thought of--"do I not say what I'm seeing"? No, I'd rather tell the truth even knowing I will be demonized for it. As I care more about the Seahawks > than the fans who want to be lied to and told everything is fine. That mentality kept us in the hole longer than we should've been. And if they had their druthers mind you, we'd still be there another season wasted--on the road to no where.

I am grateful most have come around and seen the light as expected. No more "careful what you wish for" and all of that. I knew once the new guy was introduced they would take the Pete goggles off for good and see it for what it is.

Relief. Hope. New Culture. And respect to the braintrust for doing what was right.

I saw the pattern years ago too, but it fell on deaf ears and yes, I mostly got crucified for saying such things. I want to thank Pete for the Super Bowl win and waking me up and allowing me to view the Hawks in a more black and white way because I lost hope of the team ever doing anything 5 or so years ago. I guess i'm immune to being so enamored with the team and players anymore. Somewhat numb. Like when it was announced Pete was canned, I had no feelings except excitement. I didn't feel bad or sorry for him. I just realized it's a business and entertainment and it's always going to be a revolving door.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

After last year when I felt we overachieved I was willing to give Pete and his staff another season to see if they could once again be a serious deep playoff run team.

But not only did the Hawks underachieve this year, but a dozen red flags went flying up with culture, attitude issues and most of all players actually regressing developmentally. Walker, Woolen, both new tackles, Geno, the entire defense, etc.

That was the final straw for me.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Well, we all know Pete lost the LOB shortly after The Call, by refusing to hold anyone accountable. It was a decade long gradual slide to mediocrity, and many of us, myself including, predicted that slide would happen back in 2014. So yeah, this is long overdue, and I'm joyful that long belated change and hope has finally arrived. I think MM is a great hire, and I'm very hopeful for the future. Let's Fly!

kidhawk

Reaction score

We would love the man.

This is all 100% true. With my love for the Seahawks I’d have thrown my support behind Harbaugh if he’d been hired but I dislike him so much that I really didn’t want to have to

chris98251

Reaction score
This is all 100% true. With my love for the Seahawks I’d have thrown my support behind Harbaugh if he’d been hired but I dislike him so much that I really didn’t want to have to
Would be like your wife's brother marrying your ex girlfreind whom you had a bad break up with. Really hard to go to those family get togethers but you make your self do it and hope for the best.