Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Chiefs)

Threedee

Reaction score
One thing I do like is that KC let it's kicker Ryan Succop go, who was phenomenal last year. His walk-on replacement has been terrible so far.

davidonmi

Reaction score
I really want to pick us to win this week but can't do it.
in the snow/cold with 2 run heavy team I definitely think it will be low scoring.
19-16 chiefs in OT, because I'm not sure we'll be able to stop the run with mebane and wagner out
I think we'll do a good job with the screen game and running, and Wilson will make one of 2 big plays down the field, maybe I'm putting too much into the losses of mebane and wagner, but I don't trust we'll be able to stop the run and dink and dunk when it really matters, sort of like the SD game except lower scoring due to weather

chris98251

Reaction score
No rain, seems that this team likes colder climates, Super Bowl being an example, Seahawks have had an Alex Smith Voodoo Doll most of his career, also when Reid coached Eagles we had a lot of success. No percipitation for a slick ball.

Seattle 33
Kansas City 17

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Its time for Wilson to snap out of his inaccuracy funk. Baldwin and Lockette catch some deep balls, Russell finds the new TEs a few times and Beastmode leaves Chiefs laying on the field like roadkill. KC has some success, too, but we still outscore them.

34-24 Seahawks.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I have, since the schedule came out been expecting this game to be a loss. I was all set earlier this week to predict it as such. however, maybe it's because I'm just a giant Seahawks' fanboy or maybe it's cuz they aren't good against the run or maybe it's cuz their FG kicker has been poor as mentioned above, or hell maybe I just can't bring myself to predict against my team at this point.

Pretty obvious strategy here, but if we can keep Charles from beating us and make Smith do so, I think we'll win. Easier said than done with 'Bane out but having Kam back should help with that.

All that said (gulp), here goes.......

Hawks 20
Chefs 17

Russ drives us to the winning FG at the end of the game, a 44 yarder by Marshawn's favorite dance partner. :D

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Chiefs 20
Seahawks 17

The San Diego death by a million 3 yard passes gameplan, Jamaal Charles, Tomba Hali and the snow do us in.:(

Record YTD: 6-3

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
I can think of a lot of reasons why we will probably lose this game. So based on how strange this season has been that probably means we will win.

Seahawks 19
Chiefs 17

2014 Record to date: 6-3

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
SEA: 20
KC: 17

6-3

edit to add: I always skip directly to the end and post my prediction without seeing others' picks. Now I see my score was a popular one. :D I was so close to a 16-17 Hawks loss, but couldn't bring myself to do it.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
lacenterhawk":23qyfuxc said:
Hawks..............................27
KC....................................24

6-3

Tied for 1st with Chris
Nipping at your heels as is OrFan. :D
All of us in the top 4 picked the Hawks this week too. If Seattle wins, closest to final will decide who takes the lead. If not, we could all get passed. Still a long way to go though........... :snack:

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I think the Hawks surprise some people this week, including myself. If they pound the ball by giving Lynch 25 carries with Tukuafu leading the way on many of them I think they grind out a win. Wilson works some magic with his legs late in the game and the Hawk defense keeps them in it late with someone unexpected making a game turning play (Maxwell or Simon perhaps?). Win or lose, I think this game paves our season's road...

Hawks 23
Western Missouri 20

If however Hank Stram runs 65 toss power trap with Jamaal Charles we're screwed...

kmedic

Reaction score
I just read the Hawks are 1-11 against KC at Arrowhead. These are two pretty evenly matched teams so I have to give the nod to the home team. The 2014 Hawks haven't shown me the mettle the 2013 Hawks had on the road. If there ever was a statement game about this season this is it. Just don't feel the magic this year though.

Chiefs 23
Hawks 21

Laloosh

Reaction score
Time for this team to separate... SEA 23 - 17

YTD: 7-2

Erebus

Reaction score
kmedic":22h235au said:
I just read the Hawks are 1-11 against KC at Arrowhead.

I don't see how that's possible. We played them at Arrowhead every year we were in the AFC.

kmedic

Reaction score
Erebus":ylae8myy said:
kmedic":ylae8myy said:

I don't see how that's possible. We played them at Arrowhead every year we were in the AFC.

Sorry, 1-11 the last 12 times we have played in Arrowhead.

Rob12

Reaction score
Erebus":3ve9w2ge said:
kmedic":3ve9w2ge said:

Even so, those previous 11 losses in 12 games mean absolutely NOTHING come tomorrow.

The past is not a definitive prediction of the future. Not even close.

Latest posts