Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (@ Lions)

LTH

Reaction score
This is to be a really tough game. Conventional wisdom says we get blown out again which might be the case. But if the D can keep them close all it takes is a couple of big plays and they have the talent to do this. I'm not going to pick a score for this game because I don't know who is going to win. I do know that nobody should look past Pete Carroll especially when he is down. What I will predict is a complete .net melt down if they get blown out. I do want to say that it's probably going to take a few games for the new tackles to understand the O... I'm not going to think the season is lost if they lose this one.

LTH

Slick

Reaction score
Seahawks 14
Lions 31

The league and the media are going to masturbate this team to success plus they are a decent team. They will get all the calls too.

Chapow

Reaction score
They're no worse than the Rams were prior to our playing them.

Based on how the first game of the season went for both teams, it sure looks like the Panthers are worse than the Rams at this point. Probably a lot worse.

Iron Lion

Reaction score
Good luck fellas. All of y'all being down on your team is making me nervous. I've seen this play out before. The Seahawks need to make a splash early to take the crowd out of it, and I can see that happening. My heart says Lions win, but my head says:

20-10 Seahawks.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Based on how the first game of the season went for both teams, it sure looks like the Panthers are worse than the Rams at this point. Probably a lot worse.
Now that we have a sample to look at, yes, of course the Rams look better than the Panthers. They won their opener while the Panthers lost theirs.

But that's not what I said. I said that prior to our playing them, the Panthers were thought to be no worse than the Rams.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Ford Field is going to be electric. Seriously, a freaking madhouse. The Lions fans have not been this excited about their future in a long time.

They finished 8-2 last year and with a statement win at Lambeau. They start this year with another statement win.

The Seahawks on the other hand slid into mediocrity as the season progressed and needed overtime at home to extend their season against a gutted Rams squad featuring Baker Mayfield at QB.

Fast forward to Sunday and a couple key points:

1. Aidan Hutchinson is a monster but their defense as a whole isn't. The Lions were ranked 32nd in total defense and 28th in scoring defense last year.

2. Protection is paramount when trying to utilize super talented receivers like DK, JSN, and Lockett, and we don't have our starting tackles.

3. Let me write that again. We don't have tackles. We just signed a 41 year old off the couch.

In order to have shot at this game, we need some BIG plays with the deep ball. A couple of 40 yard passes or a long TD bomb early could neutralize the crowd. The problem is, Geno won't have time. It will be a closer than some think, but we can't get over missing the bookends.

Lions 27
Seahawks 24

Chapow

Reaction score
Now that we have a sample to look at, yes, of course the Rams look better than the Panthers. They won their opener while the Panthers lost theirs.

But that's not what I said. I said that prior to our playing them, the Panthers were thought to be no worse than the Rams.

Okie dokie

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I highly suspect we will see a closer version of the team we expected to see last week.

I highly suspect we will see a closer version of the team we expected to see last week.
For the first time ever - I honestly don't feel like there's enough info to even call this game -

I hope they show up. I hope the punch in the mouth was a wake up call. I hope that the team that we expected after the amazing offseason that we had shows up.

We'll see. Until then I guess I'd go with the line. Lions by 6. Please make me wrong.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I didn't post in the prediction thread last week but otherwise believed the Hawks were going to lay a licking on the Rams close to the reverse of the actual score. I was wrong indeed. 0-1

This Lions game has me concerned and has since the schedule was announced. The Lions are hungry and will eat, while Clint and the D continue to flounder unable to stop the obvious, the team will be better on O, but the D will struggle. 31-23 Lions. The same issues sadly will continue on D. I really hope to be wrong but am genuinely discouraged with the showing of last Sunday.

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
Seahawks 24 Lions 21
Lions are entitled and overconfident after the KC win, Seahawks always look worse than they are against the Rams.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Good luck fellas. All of y'all being down on your team is making me nervous. I've seen this play out before. The Seahawks need to make a splash early to take the crowd out of it, and I can see that happening. My heart says Lions win, but my head says:

20-10 Seahawks.
Welcome aboard.

Hutchinson is a beast and I wish we had drafted Jack Campbell. Good luck to your team this season.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Ford Field is going to be electric. Seriously, a freaking madhouse. The Lions fans have not been this excited about their future in a long time.

They finished 8-2 last year and with a statement win at Lambeau. They start this year with another statement win.

The Seahawks on the other hand slid into mediocrity as the season progressed and needed overtime at home to extend their season against a gutted Rams squad featuring Baker Mayfield at QB.

Fast forward to Sunday and a couple key points:

1. Aidan Hutchinson is a monster but their defense as a whole isn't. The Lions were ranked 32nd in total defense and 28th in scoring defense last year.

2. Protection is paramount when trying to utilize super talented receivers like DK, JSN, and Lockett, and we don't have our starting tackles.

3. Let me write that again. We don't have tackles. We just signed a 41 year old off the couch.

In order to have shot at this game, we need some BIG plays with the deep ball. A couple of 40 yard passes or a long TD bomb early could neutralize the crowd. The problem is, Geno won't have time. It will be a closer than some think, but we can't get over missing the bookends.

Lions 27
Seahawks 24

With this we will have to utilize the run quite heavily.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
This game obviously carries more playoff weight, how about, let's win it, and not look back in terms of this team realizing who they can be if they believe in themselves.

That's true, or, if we look anything like we looked week one, I will be watching more ncaaf this season, somehow, from canada

Latest posts