Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (@ Lions)

knownone

Reaction score
38-27 Seahawks win.

Geno feasts on the Lion's secondary. Jared Goffs. The team's narrative flips, and we have a week of threads about Superbowl odds and re-signing Pete. Naysayers will lean into the Lion's history of ineptitude.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It’s going to get ugly fast and Pete his coords won’t be able to put out the fire or make adjustments. They’ll keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results.

I hate being pessimistic about this team this early but this team still has holes and one injuries are already starting to pile up.

melvin2345

Reaction score
It's going to be hard to really predict this one.

The Lions defense is visibly and statistically improved from last year. However, KC was without Kelce, and there were some key drops. Game could still have gone the Lions way, but it's a small sample size under extenuating circumstances. But even just based on the eye test, this unit as a whole seems to have addressed (to varying degrees) all of the glaring issues that plagues them last year.

The offense was sluggish last week, but just like KC, no Jameson Williams, a couple drops and a fumble in the red zone or the game could have gone even more the Lions way. Gibbs is going to be scary good this year. You can almost build an entire offense around just him. The LT Decker is listed as doubtful, so that may force some things to change up front.

It's so hard to gauge any team after 1 week.

My gut tells me Lions by like 3 in a lower scoring game. I'll say 20-17

eo620

Reaction score
This ain't looking pretty. I think the best bet is for Geno to get rid of the ball and fast! A lot of quick slants. I don't see much downfield action for DK or Tyler, or even much of a running game. Two step drop backs and hit Jackson-Njigba and others fast! Maybe that'll keep the O on the field a little bit.

This has the potential to get real ugly, real quick. Geno's gotta be solid to keep us in the game

renofox

Reaction score
Lions 34
Seahawks 20

Dline gets a little pressure finally, but not near enough to rattle Goff. Doesn't matter because Lions rush for 150+.

Offense shows signs of life but makes too many errors and are unable to sustain drives. Another huge L in the TOP battle.

Chawker

Reaction score
For all you people who picked the Loins to win this game over my MIGHTY Seahawks, I give you a double ham salute .

First, I turn my back to you, then I drop my draws, and shake my buns at you for my MIGHTY Seahawks.

"Fearless Bitches"

Cheers

Last edited:

eo620

Reaction score
This ain't looking pretty. I think the best bet is for Geno to get rid of the ball and fast! A lot of quick slants. I don't see much downfield action for DK or Tyler, or even much of a running game. Two step drop backs and hit Jackson-Njigba and others fast! Maybe that'll keep the O on the field a little bit.

This has the potential to get real ugly, real quick. Geno's gotta be solid to keep us in the game
Wow! I think we now see why I'm not a coach! The only thing I had right is "Geno's gotta be solid ... "

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I am so happy to have been wrong about the result today.

The team showed up and played a good game. Still lots to fix but the O looked not bad and the D got some key stops and a key take away.

0-2 for the year..