Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (@ Cowboys)

Vesuve

Reaction score
We beat the Cowbutts by 2.

Dallas has had a very easy schedule this year.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Cowboys haven't knocked off a team over .500 yet. They're pretty good, but clearly not unbeatable.

I'm calling the upset, screw it.

Hawks win 30-27
Normally I'd find reassurance in that fact, but we're not much, if any better than most of those teams they've beaten, and they're not just squeaking by them.

I have a bad feeling about this one. If I'm wrong, I'll gladly come back in here and eat my words.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Stupid Zack is back and Geno rebounds with help from the running game.
Stay away from Ron Bland, ball gotta come out fast all game to keep that D line at bay.
Hawks 27-24
big game for Spoon
fk the Boys

Tdog

Reaction score
I really should start calling these Aros' Fearful Prediction Threads.

Just two weeks ago we were 6-3. Life was good. While we had much to improve on, we were clearly on the upswing. Then the Rams and 49ers happened. At 6-5, this team simply looks lost. Like a ship in a storm without a rudder. Even the eternal optimist Pete Carroll is coming as close as I have ever heard him calling out his coach(es).

Next up in this House of Horrors Gauntlet Show is the On Fire Dallas Cowboys. They have yet to lose a game at home this year and they have outscored their opponents at home 198 to 60.

With the current state of the team, you would have to be betting with your heart and not your damn mind if you think the Seahawks have any real shot this Thursday. Stranger things have happened I suppose, and the NFL's lifeblood is parity, but until I see a significant change of direction in this team, I'm picking the opponent until further notice.

Aros' Fear(ful) Prediction: Seahawks 17 - Cowboys 35

Aros' Fearless Record: 6-5
DK is the 4th highest paid receiver in the league (tied with Stefon Diggs) Diggs has 83 receptions DK has 43 which puts him tied for 50th in the NFL. All the guys making as much or more than DK have over 80 reception.

LTH

Reaction score
Ok, here we go! The Key to this game is the physicality of Lucas and Bradford! Seahawks are going to get that run game going and man handle the Cowboys D! Then Geno snd the Seahawks passing attack is going to come alive!

I like the Seahawks in this one with a late Myers FG

SEAHAWK 30 Cowboys 27

LTH

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
Cowgirls 28
Seahawks 20

no idea what my record is, but I was way off after picking the Shehawks last week

renofox

Reaction score
What the Seahawks need to do:

1. Start OL Cross, Lewis, Olu, Bradford, Lucas. Be ready to swap Brown for Lewis if he is sucking again.

2. Start with the run game and let Olu, Bradford and Lucas utilize their power on the right side. Use plenty of 12/13 personnel. Run Charbs into the power and Kmac on outside/zone/stretch/toss plays

3. Blend in some short quick passes to the flats and to the TEs in front of dropping LBs. Move the chains.

4. Once the Cowboys defense comes up to play the run, use the middle of the field with TE seams and JSN/Lockett crossers. Round it out with hot slants to DK/Lockett. A few flood concepts would be a nice addition.

5. On defense, get aggressive by using varied man-zone concepts showing 6-7 on the line and using lots of creative run blitzing - keep Dak guessing while maintaining gaps.

Seahawks 24
Cowboys 21

What the Seahawks will do:

1. Start OL Cross, Lewis, Brown, Bradford, Lucas. Leave Lewis and Brown in while they are both sucking and Olu sits on the bench.

2. Start by focusing on the pass game with vanilla routes. Use 11 personnel on at least 85% of snaps.

3. Throw a bunch of outs, goes, and other sideline passes. Run on 1st down every once in a while. Go deep on 3rd down at least 60% of the time.

4. Do not use the TEs in the passing game. The middle of the field is too dangerous - avoid it. Erase slants and crossers from the playbook until 4th quarter desperation time. Just take more deep shots.

5. Run a bunch of straight-up 2-4-5 and 2-3-6 zone. Don't trust the DBs to play man. Don't disguise anything. Continue to rush 5 at the 27th rate in the NFL and 6 at the 32nd rate.

Cowboys 34
Seahawks 10

Hold a press conference and talk about how great the Cowboys played and pledging to put this game behind us, clean a few things up, get some guys back from injury, and be ready to battle next week.

edit; Bold Predictions
Geno takes 6 sacks
Geno has 2 TOs
TO differential 3-1
<200 yds passing
<100 yds rushing
<250 yds total offense
Defense allows>400yds

rtd: 8-3

Last edited:

evergreen

Reaction score
All signs point to a handy victory for the 'Boys. I'm not buying it. Pete isn't going to let these guys make clowns of themselves again. We need to use all our pieces on offense not just DK. Avoid him. If Lucas is back then maybe our offense is too?
Hawks 24
'Boys 23

Rat

Reaction score
I change my mind: we're going to win. Not 30 minutes ago I was with my daughter at a Goodwill in Grand Haven, Michigan. They had a lime green Seahawks shirt in my size (medium), which I obviously bought. You never see anything like that here. We're going to win now: it's in the cosmos, the logic is unassailable!

Optimus25

Reaction score
for me this comes down to whether we can cover pollard leaking out of the backfield. Take away big plays there, and i don’t feel too bad about matching their offense with ours.
Well i was right. Yay. Damn i hate this.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Well, I guess I'll have to eat my words, sort of.

Metcalf had a fantastic game, at least if he's on your Fantasy team, and as was mentioned above, the offense gave Michael Dickson the night off. I thought that this one would be a blow-out, but I was wrong. Dallas is over rated. I no longer see them as a top tier team. If I had to rank them within the NFC, I'd put them 4th, behind the Eagles, Niners, and Lions.

But we were a day late and a dollar short. Another 9-8, mediocre season praying for a 7th seed is looking more likely than not.

I'm not sure if I've ever seen a game at any level where neither team punted. And it wasn't because of turnovers, of which there was only one the entire game.