49ers DL coach Jim Tomsula promoted to HC

HawkMeat

Reaction score
volsunghawk":x085a73i said:
So no more Vic Fangio or Todd Bowles in the division? Pretty good week.
I know. I'm surprised. Trestman as OC would be good for them though.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
korboko":98qztv9o said:
This is just the beginning to relocate the 49ers out of state. :stirthepot:

O_O

after just building that stadium...not a chance in hell

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":v6hg1bgd said:
What in thee hell are they doing down there?

No Fangio? WTH?!?!?

They are taking a perfectly good football team and putting it in the hands of a line coach while removing the guy that kept that defense at the top while missing not 1, not 2, but at least 3 of their best players and there was more than that.

They are our rival, but York is ruining the entire deal. There was a time when the media couldn't talk about one of us without mentioning the other. The nasty, the brutality, the intensity and the competitive nature of SEA/SF is losing its luster unless there is some seriously grand plan to replace an exceptional group with even better people. Where from? I don't get it.

This sucks for any of us that enjoyed this great rivalry. I hope I am wrong, I hope that there is results that create the pregame unknown when these teams play, because we have developed into a national attraction come game time. Since 2011 we have seen some intense football, it was guaranteed and York is screwing us out of it. First by moving from a building we all know is legendary, then crap like this.

I might be in the minority, but I want SF to continue to be that team we have known since Harbadouche showed up. Tomsula is one thing, but no Fangio is a major mistake.

I'm pissed.
I think we may be looking at the Rams being the next big rival especially if they move to Los Angeles. All they need is a decent quarterback and they're in position to get one if they want to.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Tomsula seems more like a placeholder coach for a couple years while the Niners FO cleans up the Harbaugh aftermath, rather than "hey this guy was our first choice!" hire.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
It is being reported that the Niners are going to a 4-3 D.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
10926187_883045131747654_5539142022369064360_n.jpg

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":rdx7qhrm said:
Hasselbeck":rdx7qhrm said:
......Trent Baalruskell
Jed Yorbehring?

Has a nice ring to it.

By the way the top OC candidate for Santa Clara is supposedly Charlie Weis :lol: :lol: :lol:

RationalNiner

Reaction score
Been a fan since I was 5. Reconsidering now. Joke hire. Almost any other candidate would've been superior to Tomsula. Fangio, Pep Hamilton, Gase, Rex Ryan, Quinn, Holmgren, Shanahan, and Bevell all would've been much better hires.

This feels a lot like the Dennis Erickson hire in the sense we all knew deep down it wasn't gonna work out.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RationalNiner":9s4euec6 said:
Been a fan since I was 5. Reconsidering now. Joke hire. Almost any other candidate would've been superior to Tomsula. Fangio, Pep Hamilton, Gase, Rex Ryan, Quinn, Holmgren, Shanahan, and Bevell all would've been much better hires.

This feels a lot like the Dennis Erickson hire in the sense we all knew deep down it wasn't gonna work out.

I'm sorry...I can't help myself.

If you can at any point "reconsider" who you are a fan of...I'm not sure you were ever really a fan to begin with.

I don't hate Tomsula and I'm REALLY unhappy about them letting Vic walk away, but I would never, ever, EVER "reconsider" by fandom.

I get that you're annoyed right now and even saying you might reconsider might be some hyperbole on your part so I won't push the issue...but I'd never even joke about it.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The real bullshit is that they blocked Fangio from interviewing elsewhere, then let him go anyway after giving the job to Tomsula.

As it turns out, Tomsula was so known to be Baalke and York's man that Fangio and Harbs rarely even spoke to him. The amount of dysfunction that front office created to get rid of Harbs is astounding.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Niners have officially blown up the entire staff of their top-5 defense:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Eric_Branch/status/555791420917698560[/tweet]

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":8g1wjhs5 said:
The real bullshit is that they blocked Fangio from interviewing elsewhere, then let him go anyway after giving the job to Tomsula.

As it turns out, Tomsula was so known to be Baalke and York's man that Fangio and Harbs rarely even spoke to him. The amount of dysfunction that front office created to get rid of Harbs is astounding.

Tend to agree on Vic. Dunno if they were trying to convince him to stay or what...but kinda BS that they blocked him and now have released him.

Then again, he's probably up now for the exact same jobs he'd have been up for then.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
BTW, the switch to 4-3 seems like a Baalke inspired move. Gets his picks on the field more often (Borland, Lynch, Carradine, etc.). Interesting that it gets leaked before they officially hire a D-coordinator. I think YorBaalke is already pulling some strings, and they've now fired anyone who would challenge them on the scheme change.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The Niners still have the guns. But the guy leading the charge could be a disservice.

They can be good in spite of the changes, but that might be wishful thinking.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Looks like we'll get our 6th Lombardi before the Santa Clara (Bow) Whiners.

SC

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":33ykkld0 said:
The Niners still have the guns. But the guy leading the charge could be a disservice.

They can be good in spite of the changes, but that might be wishful thinking.

I like Tomsula as a coach, not sure has HC, and really not sure if he can get the coordinators he needs to succeed.

As of right now, it's a HUGE downgrade in overall coaching staff...so they might need to pull a rabit out of a hat here or this might get ugly.

Latest posts