49ers DL coach Jim Tomsula promoted to HC

pehawk

Reaction score
Even if the hired me as OC you'd defend the move, Marvin49.

Trestman at OC would be the wrong move, IMO. They need take an OC who knows Saturday offenses a bit. Quit trying to make Kaep Byron Leftwich. They should sniff around A & M or Auburn for an OC.

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":grdmwjri said:

Trestman at OC would be the wrong move, IMO. They need take an OC who knows Saturday offenses a bit. Quit trying to make Kaep Byron Leftwich. They should sniff around A & M or Auburn for an OC.

I know that's the popular theory, but not really. I really wasn't on board with the Gase move and I said so.

I really like Tomsula....just dunno if I like him as a HC.

pehawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":34etuh5f said:
pehawk":34etuh5f said:

I know that's the popular theory, but not really. I really wasn't on board with the Gase move and I said so.

I really like Tomsula....just dunno if I like him as a HC.

I think everyone's spot on here; its all about the coordinator.

Want another random name that would make sense? Tedford.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Next thing to keep an eye on is how many of their own Free Agents they can keep. It will be a sign of how quickly this ship is sinking if players decide to move on. Should be interesting.

rlkats

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3hoa92w3 said:
rlkats":3hoa92w3 said:
Scottemojo":3hoa92w3 said:
John Harbaugh went from Special Teams coach to HC.

Good point Scott but still not to excited.
Nor should you be. No OC announced yet, one thing we all know is it won't be Tomsula repairing Kaepernick's game.

Maybe if they get a GREAT OC it might be somewhat ok. But i just can not see it yet. Not to happy.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
I don't see any "big" name coordinators throwing their panties in the ring to be with this guy.

Especially after the Harbaugh situation.

pehawk

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":1yvawm5g said:
At least the 49ers new coach looks like Ron Jeremy.

I wish they would've hired a dude with a last name sounding like; schlomo. Or, maybe they can hire Dave Meggett?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
There's a sports talk guy here in Portland named Jason Sukanic who's on 1080 The Fan during afternoon drive time (with another guy named Isaac Ropp). Sukanic was an offensive lineman for BYU, had a cup of coffee in the NFL and played in NFL Europe for a couple of years. Tonmsula was the d-line coach for the Scottish Claymoors when Sukanic played o-line over there and his comments about the guy today were very interesting.

He said of all the guys he's seen coach a team he was on, Tomsula was one of the least likely men destined to become a head coach at any level, let alone the NFL. Said Mike Tomlin was a DB coach somewhere he played (I can't remember where, Miami maybe?) and said he knew that guy was going to be a HC in the NFL one day. Said Tomsula once came into an o-line meeting 15 mins. after it started when he was supposed to be doing a d-line meeting for an hour and asked the o-line coach if he wanted to blow off the meetings that day and go have beers.

Good job Jed, you found your Bobo. Enjoy the NFC West cellar.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Happy for Tomsula, he was the D line coach for the Scottish Claymores when NFL Europe was around, seemed a genuine guy.

That said it's a big step up from being a line coach to head coach and he really has to have good coordinators, I think this will be make or break time for Baake.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":211t93l1 said:
He said of all the guys he's seen coach a team he was on, Tomsula was one of the least likely men destined to become a head coach at any level, let alone the NFL. Said Mike Tomlin was a DB coach somewhere he played (I can't remember where, Miami maybe?) and said he knew that guy was going to be a HC in the NFL one day. Said Tomsula once came into an o-line meeting 15 mins. after it started when he was supposed to be doing a d-line meeting for an hour and asked the o-line coach if he wanted to blow off the meetings that day and go have beers.

Good job Jed, you found your Bobo. Enjoy the NFC West cellar.

That is truly pathetic. :141847_bnono:

Mizak

Reaction score
So the people responsible for the 49ers going to 3 straight NFCCG(Jim Harbaugh, Greg Roman, Vic Fangio) are all gone within the MONTH? ROFL.

But..But..But we're not rebuilding, we're reloading, said Ballke.

It looks like Ballke was the main problem all along.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
What in thee hell are they doing down there?

No Fangio? WTH?!?!?

They are taking a perfectly good football team and putting it in the hands of a line coach while removing the guy that kept that defense at the top while missing not 1, not 2, but at least 3 of their best players and there was more than that.

They are our rival, but York is ruining the entire deal. There was a time when the media couldn't talk about one of us without mentioning the other. The nasty, the brutality, the intensity and the competitive nature of SEA/SF is losing its luster unless there is some seriously grand plan to replace an exceptional group with even better people. Where from? I don't get it.

This sucks for any of us that enjoyed this great rivalry. I hope I am wrong, I hope that there is results that create the pregame unknown when these teams play, because we have developed into a national attraction come game time. Since 2011 we have seen some intense football, it was guaranteed and York is screwing us out of it. First by moving from a building we all know is legendary, then crap like this.

I might be in the minority, but I want SF to continue to be that team we have known since Harbadouche showed up. Tomsula is one thing, but no Fangio is a major mistake.

I'm pissed.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I must admit to now being very intrigued to see how the 49ers off-season and subsequent upcoming NFL season goes.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I just can't see how a team like that, with that sort of legacy doesn't have a stud coach on the sidelines. It's the fricking Niners, not the Jags.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2oelr93d said:
I must admit to now being very intrigued to see how the 49ers off-season and subsequent upcoming NFL season goes.

Hey, me too. :D