49ers DL coach Jim Tomsula promoted to HC

Arizona_Steve

Reaction score
volsunghawk":h2d8d62l said:
So no more Vic Fangio or Todd Bowles in the division? Pretty good week.

I think it'll be hilarious if Vic ends up with the Cards...

(Edit: Forgot the quote)

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kidhawk":16xvgh72 said:
Scottemojo":16xvgh72 said:
kidhawk":16xvgh72 said:
pehawk":16xvgh72 said:
"So, Jim, can you say the word Y-E-S...? - Baalke

"YES!!!!" - JT

"You're hired!" - Baalke

FIFY :th2thumbs:
pe's was better.

so
Your acronym implied some sort of correction, i.e. improvement. Fixed. It would suggest CIFY (Changed it for you), MIUFY(Messed it up for you), MTCOYJ(Missed the cleverness of your joke), or just buy a Flava Flave clock and wear it all the time.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Wow. The last non-coordinator I remember making that big a leap was Zorn for the Racistnames. And that worked out great, as I recall.

rlkats

Reaction score
Scottemojo":rbivuxg8 said:
John Harbaugh went from Special Teams coach to HC.

Good point Scott but still not to excited.

kidhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":1snswiuv said:
Scottemojo":1snswiuv said:
kidhawk":1snswiuv said:
pehawk":1snswiuv said:
"So, Jim, can you say the word Y-E-S...? - Baalke

"YES!!!!" - JT

"You're hired!" - Baalke

pe's was better.

so
Scottemojo":1snswiuv said:
Your acronym implied some sort of correction, i.e. improvement. Fixed. It would suggest CIFY (Changed it for you), MIUFY(Messed it up for you), MTCOYJ(Missed the cleverness of your joke), or just buy a Flava Flave clock and wear it all the time.

I'm guessing yo mean I instead of it and well your suggestion is fairly meaningless, because I know exactly what I was saying and exactly what I meant when I said it. I would suggest that your opinion of which is better, is irrelevant to what my post was about. It was simply a fun reply. Nothing for you to worry yourself over so much, which is why I simply said so (as in short for so what...as in it doesn't really matter what's better or not)

kidhawk

Reaction score
As for the hire, he's got the experience in the system to keep the defense up to par. They'll need some help on the offensive side of the ball, and for that they may be wise to reach into the college ranks to get someone who may fit the scheme more around Kaepernick's abilities and the running game

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kidhawk":179mkb5n said:
Scottemojo":179mkb5n said:
pe's was better.

so
Scottemojo":179mkb5n said:

I'm guessing yo mean I instead of it and well your suggestion is fairly meaningless, because I know exactly what I was saying and exactly what I meant when I said it. I would suggest that your opinion of which is better, is irrelevant to what my post was about. It was simply a fun reply. Nothing for you to worry yourself over so much, which is why I simply said so (as in short for so what...as in it doesn't really matter what's better or not) Also Scotte, I think you are the best poster in the history of the internet. No, for Realz.

My joke was lost in context. No harm or real criticism meant. Carry on please.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
rlkats":1cb8sthk said:
Scottemojo":1cb8sthk said:

Nor should you be. No OC announced yet, one thing we all know is it won't be Tomsula repairing Kaepernick's game.

rlkats

Reaction score
Scottemojo":43ynnv7j said:
rlkats":43ynnv7j said:
Scottemojo":43ynnv7j said:

Nor should you be. No OC announced yet, one thing we all know is it won't be Tomsula repairing Kaepernick's game.

Maybe if they get a GREAT OC it might be somewhat ok. But i just can not see it yet. Not to happy.

Marvin49

Reaction score
I like this hire much more than Gase, but my concern is the coordinators.

I got no problem seeing Tomsula as the guy at the top, but particularly on offense he's going to be at the mercy of whatever coordinator they can bring in.

If anyone is curious who he is, this is from 2011.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-pre ... im-Tomsula

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Tomsula is a great guy who worked his arse off to get a chance like this.

But being a great guy and an overachiever doesn't make you a great Head Coach. And it'll take more than Trestman to turn that offense around.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
This hire is hilarious.

49ers york yes-man on the cheap.

49ers will suck for the foreseeable future. They got their mimosa slurping stadium built, time to put the wallet away and field some mediocre football for a while until another fund raiser is needed.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Trestman seems like he could be a good OC, but if Harbaugh couldn't get Kaepernick to the second read, how is Trestman going to do it?

kearly

Reaction score
Tomsula gets an A+ for verbal coaching skills. His ability to fire up players and get them to buy in is very reminiscent of Ken Norton Jr. or Kris Richard. There are a lot of outstanding verbal communication / leaders on Arizona's staff too. All these guys are IMO better at leadership and communication that Gus Bradley was, and he was pretty good at it.

I love seeing coaches with the gift of gab like Rex Ryan, so part of me wants to see Tomsula succeed. Somewhere else, preferably.

This could end up being an okay hire if they get Trestman as OC, and if Trestman makes progress with Kaep. Most likely though, this will be a Dennis Erickson type of yes-man / fall-guy hire.

Marvin49

Reaction score
kearly":mox5s05g said:
Tomsula gets an A+ for verbal coaching skills. His ability to fire up players and get them to buy in is very reminiscent of Ken Norton Jr. or Kris Richard. There are a lot of outstanding verbal communication / leaders on Arizona's staff too. All these guys are IMO better at leadership and communication that Gus Bradley was, and he was pretty good at it.

I also love seeing coaches with the gift of gab like Rex Ryan, so part of me wants to see Tomsula succeed. Somewhere else, preferably.

This could end up being an okay hire if they get Trestman as OC, and if Trestman makes progress with Kaep. Most likely though, this will be a Dennis Erickson type of yes-man / fall-guy hire.

That's why I see this can work with him as the HC....but what's REALLY important now are the coordinators and the entire offensive staff in particular.

If Tomsula chooses the wrong guy to lead that offense, they're going nowhere fast.