Bills trade Stefon Diggs to Texans

Rat

Reaction score
Far from washed, imo. With him, it's clearly more his attitude than anything.
Did you watch him in the KC playoff game? He was so bad it had people wondering if he was actively sabatoging them. It's not like this was some week 12 game against the Jets, this was a home playoff game. Excellent player when he has dialed in, but this is two teams now that couldn't tolerate him any longer. I don't think I'd want to be the team gambling on that.

Fortunately though, this is like the Bucs with Antonio Brown that one year. Awesome if he keeps his head in it, but the organization is stable enough to not sink if he reverts to Dr. Hyde or whichever the bad one is. Not necessarily a BAD move for the Texans, but I think they could have found a comparable receiver who isn't such a headache.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No, I didn't watch the game at all :rolleyes:

He's a hell of a player, but absolutely a selfish player. He sucked a** in that game. Dropped what likely would have been a game winning catch. And I absolutely wouldn't want him on the Hawks. But you said he's washed, that's just plain not accurate. I couldn't give two sh*** about Diggs or players on other teams. Still a hell of an addition for the Texans, imo.

As usual, we can agree to disagree. I'm trying to chill out on this page, so I'll gladly bow out of this.

Last edited:

Rat

Reaction score
"Washed" is subjective, and I could very well be being hyperbolic; wouldn't be the first time. I mean, it sounds like we're basically on the same page, I just harbor more doubt that he'll regain All-Pro status. Maybe it'll turn out he was hiding an injury or something.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
True ✌️

Side note, the thing about him that has always been annoying to me is the fact that he has always complained about how many targets he gets. He's almost always the leading target WR on his teams. He pouts.........but then when he gets the ball, he's happy all the sudden. That sh** would drive me nuts.
WR's have been divas for decades, but when you're complaining about not getting enough targets, when you're the one on the team that DOES get the most targets? That reeks of a very selfish player.

bileever

Reaction score
After losing Gabe Davis to Jacksonville, the Bills are really hurting at WR. The market for OBJ, Tyler Boyd and Marquez Valdez-Scantling just went up. Also Jauan Jennings and Mecole Hardman, to some degree.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt ^^

Actually, it's a good time to be a Free Agent WR right now. And in April. Doesn't always work that way.

flv2

Reaction score
Diggs must be a pain in the ass. Because the compensation is pretty light.
It's the player contract and it's the market. Diggs is a $19M player on a $19M contract. Quality players become available as FAs on lesser contracts because they didn't perform to their higher contracts. Sometimes you have to trade for a player rather than spend your money on FAs, but to give up large amounts of Draft capital above the contract is a bit of a waste, and the NFL is adapting to this. Looks like a fair trade.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This is what happens to cap strapped teams, they lose parts.

Diggs simply wore out his welcome as he did in Minnie and will eventually in Houston. Very good WR with a suspect personality.

toffee

Reaction score
Texan made the wrong move, instead of Diggs, they should have called Schneider for Lockett. Equally productive but not a locker room cancer.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I haven't liked Diggs since his days at U Maryland. His bad attitude is nothing new.

ivotuk

Reaction score
This years draft is deep at WR. Nobody is going to give anything for Lockett. Other teams know nothing about him, and only see him as too old, too many miles on his body, a metal rod in his leg, and he'd have to learn a new system/QB/team.

Why give up draft capitol when you can get a young talented WR on the cheap?

chris98251

Reaction score
Probably should just have Jody sell to Mexico City, this way we won't have to worry about good players staying and their contracts that people want to unload and not even know what the compensation market is.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
I could see the Bills using that 2nd on Ja'Lynn Polk.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
This years draft is deep at WR. Nobody is going to give anything for Lockett. Other teams know nothing about him, and only see him as too old, too many miles on his body, a metal rod in his leg, and he'd have to learn a new system/QB/team.

Nonsense! NFL front offices are not as ignorant as fans. There is not an NFL front office - NOT EVEN ONE - that doesn't know a lot more about Lockett than you, I, and everyone else on this forum. Please, don't confuse NFL front offices with sports fans who call in to talk-radio shows or with mediots on TV or radio or in print.

There are decent reasons to believe Lockett will be on the Seahawks' roster for the 2024 season, but other teams "know[ing] nothing about him" is definitely not one of them.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score

Go back 4 years ago to the 2020 draft, which was also stacked with good WR prospects. In fact, it was a record that 13 WR's were selected in the first 2 rounds. Let's look at the results and see how they're currently doing vs a vested veteran who still makes clutch plays.

1st Round:
Henry Ruggs *Out of NFL
Jerry Juedy *Wasn't worth the draft pick, absolutely not worth contract Browns gave him
Ceedee Lamb *Took him until year 4 to become one of the best receivers
Jalen Reagor *Lol, you already know
Justin Jefferson *Absolutely a stud, Vikings got lucky
Brandon Aiyuk *Decent WR, not worth a 1st rounder imo

2nd Round:
Tee Higgins *Bengals definitely got value here in the 2nd round
Michael Pittman *Solid contributor
Laviska Shenault *I guess we'll see if Seattle can resurrect his career, but he's under-performed his draft pick imo
KJ Hamler *Not worth the 2nd rounder imo
Chase Claypool *He had 1 great game in his rookie season against the Eagles, never matched that performance
Van Jefferson *Decent WR, not worth the 2nd rounder imo
Denzel Mims *Not worth the 2nd rounder

Bottom Line: The draft is a huge gamble, and Lockett is a safe pick compared to a "maybe".