49ers DL coach Jim Tomsula promoted to HC

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3cxdu2ba said:
I just can't see how a team like that, with that sort of legacy doesn't have a stud coach on the sidelines. It's the fricking Niners, not the Jags.
Makes you wonder doesn't it? Looks like all of the power has gone to Jedthro's head!
Let the rebuild begin!

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":2mu52n6c said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/555546875869532161[/tweet]

HAHA...even though they went 8-8 with some bad luck and injuries....Should of easily been 9-7 without that fumble at the goaline..not sure what team that was against but it cost them the game.

giphy.gif

rlkats

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1zu3qk3t said:
I just can't see how a team like that, with that sort of legacy doesn't have a stud coach on the sidelines. It's the fricking Niners, not the Jags.

It's not the same or even close to the same niners. screw them I'm done.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Like clockwork . . .

hawknation2014":2hyuvlr4 said:
Thank you, Marvin, for proving my point while simultaneously maintaining your cognitive dissonance. You are a true marvel of 'the spin.'

When Fangio leaves with Harbaugh, suddenly Tomsula will become the true mastermind of the 49ers' success under Harbaugh.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
The Yorks are what they are. They are one of the worst ownership families in the entire NFL. I would rather have Dan Snyder of the Redskins.

Hawks fans be thankful you have a great owner who is really rich and willing to pay for top tier coaching.

Jed York got what he wanted. A CHEAP YES MAN. Little and no experience at the top. He will be thankful just to have the job. Just the way the Yorks like it.

Unlike you guys we don't have owners who are committed to winning. They just want to make money and keep the costs down. They got their cheaper salary coach. That's what they wanted. One of the biggest reasons they didn't want Harbaugh anymore is because he would cost too much money to sign to a long term bigger contract.

:(

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Mizak":3ify38kr said:
So the people responsible for the 49ers going to 3 straight NFCCG(Jim Harbaugh, Greg Roman, Vic Fangio) are all gone within the MONTH? ROFL.

But..But..But we're not rebuilding, we're reloading, said Ballke.

It looks like Ballke was the main problem all along.

He's not even close to the problem. The problem is the YORK family. John York, Denise Debartolo York and Jed York. They are the owners. They wanted a CHEAP YES MAN head coach. And they got it. One of the biggest reasons they did not want Harbaugh anymore is his contract would be too expensive. Plus Fangio would be one of the highest paid coordinators in the league. So They don't want to pay either one of those high salaries. They got their new stadium. Now they just want to make money. Winning is not important to the Yorks.

Baalke is just another YES MAN for them. He will be fired the moment he ever stands up to them.

korboko

Reaction score
This is just the beginning to relocate the 49ers out of state. :stirthepot:

CANHawk

Reaction score
I'm actually really sad for 9'er fans right now. I truly pitty them. I really loved to hate that team and their pompous coaches. Now they just make me sad. Like looking at a hobo.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
CANHawk":10mk5lq9 said:
I'm actually really sad for 9'er fans right now. I truly pitty them. I really loved to hate that team and their pompous coaches. Now they just make me sad. Like looking at a hobo.

The York family ownership will do that to you. Make you real sad. Be very happy you got one of the richest owners in the world and he DOES NOT MEDDLE in football issues. He hires the best guys, pays them top dollar and lets them run the football business.

You have no idea what I would give for an owner like yours. A stadium like yours too which is loud and has an advantage. Everything about you guys is top tier and top class. The envy of the league.

:pukeface:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Called this from the start. Trent Baalruskell beginning the process of destroying the 49ers :lol:

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I love how webzone refers to his season as a hc in NFL Europe and the championship he won as a reason why it's a good hire. Also his lone win as interim Hc after Singletary was let go. To be fair though, that was only a handful through 30-something pages

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":x08xm6dg said:
The Yorks are what they are. They are one of the worst ownership families in the entire NFL. I would rather have Dan Snyder of the Redskins.

Hawks fans be thankful you have a great owner who is really rich and willing to pay for top tier coaching.

Jed York got what he wanted. A CHEAP YES MAN. Little and no experience at the top. He will be thankful just to have the job. Just the way the Yorks like it.

Unlike you guys we don't have owners who are committed to winning. They just want to make money and keep the costs down. They got their cheaper salary coach. That's what they wanted. One of the biggest reasons they didn't want Harbaugh anymore is because he would cost too much money to sign to a long term bigger contract.

SanDiego49er":x08xm6dg said:
He's not even close to the problem. The problem is the YORK family. John York, Denise Debartolo York and Jed York. They are the owners. They wanted a CHEAP YES MAN head coach. And they got it. One of the biggest reasons they did not want Harbaugh anymore is his contract would be too expensive. Plus Fangio would be one of the highest paid coordinators in the league. So They don't want to pay either one of those high salaries. They got their new stadium. Now they just want to make money. Winning is not important to the Yorks.

Baalke is just another YES MAN for them. He will be fired the moment he ever stands up to them.

#truth

exactly as i see it too

now get me unbanned on the webzone

-The Glove-

Reaction score
So we should've been listening to Kawakami, right, Melvin? He was all over all of this from the very beginning.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Kawakami might be a self important little douche, but he is an accurate self important little douche. Him being so right has to chafe the faithful.

This hire depends not on Tomsula and his philosophy, but on the quality of the staff he assembles. Which makes it far different than the tenure of Jim Harbaugh, who had sheer force of will. I don't think anyone should doubt Tomsula's desire, the man lived in his car so he could coach, but I sense little force of will from him. Will the offensive coordinator be autonomous? Most likely. How will it be in during a week after a poor offensive performance? Divided? Nothing about Tomsula's past proves he can keep both sides of the ship working together.

York is another on the list of Woody Johnson type meddlers. He wanted a glad hander for the suite buyers, and he let Baalke convince him Jim was worn out with the players. none of that means Tomsula can't coach a winner, but with harbaugh there was a feeling of certainty that the ship was finally righted from day one, and now it feels blindly hopeful, not certain.

There is a definite Ruskell/Mora vibe there.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Largent80":1edlho39 said:
Singletary II ?
No, Singletary was a moron who thought he could just have everyone be tough. Locker room leader, not team leader.

Tomsula/Mora seems a good comp to me. Mora oozed positivity, but wasn't on the same page as the offense, and when the losses piled up he began to crack. But he could be relied on in the offseason to give good interviews and be a face for the franchise, running up mountains with celebrities and such.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Is the ghost of al Davis running the 9ers now?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":1zk317mh said:

All right, let's not go too far with that.

Team Jed DeBaalke is better than the freak in DC.