49ers DL coach Jim Tomsula promoted to HC

Jville

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1sc10f56 said:
dontbelikethat":1sc10f56 said:
How crazy would it be if DQ leaves for ATL, and Fangio stuck it to the Niners and becomes our DC.

Isn't Fangio mainly a 3-4 guy?

The description publicized for their base defense, as I recall, was that of a hybrid 3-4 w/zone coverage. It has also been noted that their most popular personnel group was the nickle 2014.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
They just hired Chris Foerster -- OL coach of the Redskins. He is a ZBS guy. They're overhauling everything and apparently want all of the Seahawks' schemes. Again, doing all this without hiring the coordinator first. This is all being decided by Baalke and York IMO... Tomsula is along for the ride.

FYI: Washington's OL was the only line to surrender more sacks than the 49ers last season.

Jville

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2m5wzem4 said:
They just hired Chris Foerster -- OL coach of the Redskins. He is a ZBS guy. They're overhauling everything and apparently want all of the Seahawks' schemes. Again, doing all this without hiring the coordinator first. This is all being decided by Baalke and York IMO... Tomsula is along for the ride.

FYI: Washington's OL was the only line to surrender more sacks than the 49ers last season.

I wondered about ZBS with all that talk about Mike Shanahan. Throw in the 4-3 announcement and the next item up should be about converting coverage to that of press man.

I had wondered if York might want to micro manage the scheme and coaching staff in a style similar to player personnel. Looks like we might get an indirect answer to that question.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
DavidSeven":24xtoe7r said:

The Niners have been zone blockers for years now. Remember Solari, who was our zone block coach for a while? He has been in SF for years, just got let go with the rest of them.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Scottemojo":14cyic53 said:
DavidSeven":14cyic53 said:

The Niners have been zone blockers for years now. Remember Solari, who was our zone block coach for a while? He has been in SF for years, just got let go with the rest of them.

I thought Harbaugh's bread and butter was man-power. That's what he ran at Stanford, though I'm sure Niners have been using both concepts.

Chawks1

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3jrkcolm said:
dontbelikethat":3jrkcolm said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/555546875869532161[/tweet]
Geez, both Denver and San Francisco are self imploding for no logical reason.

I guess we can call this the Seahawk effect.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
DavidSeven":36kyctvn said:
Scottemojo":36kyctvn said:
DavidSeven":36kyctvn said:

I thought Harbaugh's bread and butter was man-power. That's what he ran at Stanford, though I'm sure Niners have been using both concepts.
It's easy to think that because the niners pull a guard a bunch. Stanford is a zone block team, so are the Niners, though. they run tighter splits than most.

rlkats

Reaction score
Chawks1":3g09snrd said:
MizzouHawkGal":3g09snrd said:
dontbelikethat":3g09snrd said:

no we cant. You can if you want.

This is called dumb ass owners effect

rideaducati

Reaction score
rlkats":etr1oedn said:
Chawks1":etr1oedn said:
MizzouHawkGal":etr1oedn said:
dontbelikethat":etr1oedn said:

Either way, you're stuck with it for a while, which makes most of us happy. I hear Walmart has a special on VCRs...that should make your day better.

Threedee

Reaction score
I can't believe what a complete screw-up Jed York is. It makes one wonder, particularly with all of the media out there, if he's even aware of what a terrible owner he is, and that he seems to be dragging the team down. It's like watching Bob Irsay or Ken Behring run a franchise.

Jville

Reaction score
Humorous reactions beginning to show up
[tweet]https://twitter.com/spartancsi/status/555872240588177408[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NinersNation/status/555871195178889217[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NinersNation/status/555879553810190336[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/555847028190633984[/tweet]

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":bg1s9aag said:
What a staggering set of events in San Francisco.

Not when you consider the York family are the owners. Par for the course actually.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Threedee":3n10alka said:
I can't believe what a complete screw-up Jed York is. It makes one wonder, particularly with all of the media out there, if he's even aware of what a terrible owner he is, and that he seems to be dragging the team down. It's like watching Bob Irsay or Ken Behring run a franchise.

It's much worse than that. Not even in the same category. In a category all his own.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NinersNation/status/555879553810190336[/tweet]
Three amigos ver2

A momentous day. It's the first time Jed York has touched a football since he was 10 years old.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
rlkats":upp8t2ne said:
Chawks1":upp8t2ne said:
MizzouHawkGal":upp8t2ne said:
dontbelikethat":upp8t2ne said:

It's the York effect. Nothing to do with the Seahawks. Be glad you have a great owner who is very rich, willing to pay for top tier coaching and stay out of the way of football decisions. It's a tremendous advantage.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Pathetic press conference . . . full of so much win, starting with Baalke continually pronouncing pedigree as pad-degree.
[youtube]DQ5TG7mJRwk[/youtube]

chris98251

Reaction score
Seahawks embarass the 49ers at home, they make highlight reels of how the abuse the 49ers and how ineffectibe Kaep is against them,Seahawks knock 49ers out of the playoffs and the team begins implosion, get thru the season and clean house.

Seahawks embarass the Broncos in the Super Bowl and then beat them again in the game here after remember 35 was their statement for the year, Denver gets knocked out of playoffs by Colts, fire staff but keep a injured to old Manning as QB.

Nah, Seahawks had no effect on nothing.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
When Tomsula was asked what his philosophy was, he just kept repeating that you apply players to scheme and scheme to players. Then Baalke chimes in with "somewhere in there he said we're gonna run the ball," mocking Tomsula's flaky answer. It sounds like this guy has no idea WTF he is doing.

http://youtu.be/DQ5TG7mJRwk?t=21m12s

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
chris98251":3h2c9k6p said:
Seahawks embarass the 49ers at home, they make highlight reels of how the abuse the 49ers and how ineffectibe Kaep is against them,Seahawks knock 49ers out of the playoffs and the team begins implosion, get thru the season and clean house.

Seahawks embarass the Broncos in the Super Bowl and then beat them again in the game here after remember 35 was their statement for the year, Denver gets knocked out of playoffs by Colts, fire staff but keep a injured to old Manning as QB.

Nah, Seahawks had no effect on nothing.

The York family has been this dumb since well before the Seahawks were good. They hired Dennis Erickson, Mike Nolan, and Mike Singletary. And got rid of Steve Mariucci. That was well BEFORE the Seahawks were winning anything.

No the Seahawks are not responsible for this at all. It's all the Yorks. Always has been. They have been nothing but bad since the Yorks owned the team. The only good was Eddie Debartolo. And he is no longer the owner. The only good stretch in the York tenure is Jim Harbaugh. That was ALL Harbaugh. Nothing to do with the Yorks.

They destroyed this year too. By not backing Harbaugh. All the players quit. Which led to the bad season. Injuries and suspensions of key payers too. You don't get rid of a coach like Harbaugh after one 8 - 8 year. You had 7 - 9 with your guy. Did you fire him? No you kept him.